• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    Has anyone used the Aimpoint PRO? I'm curious as to why it's so much cheaper than Aimpoint's other offerings... Is it less robust, less clear, made in China,...? I'm thinking about switching from Eotech to Aimpoint, but new Comp M4's and the like are appallingly expensive and don't come with a mount, adding to the expense. The PRO would solve the expense issue AND comes with a mount, but there's gotta be a catch, you know?

Last edited:

straightsilver3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 2, 2011
    everywhere
    I own one,it's GTG made in USA 2 moa vs 4 moa They were available only to LE/MIL Now to everyone Google reviews they can tell you better than me. Biggest complaint is the tightening knob is alittle big Doesn't bother me and you can't scuba dive with it

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    A buddy of mine just got one, I haven't handled it yet but don't doubt that it's a fine optic. I have a comp c3, which is similar, I believe, and love it. The PRO has a great price point, and I don't think you could go wrong with it.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    I got one when they first came out but really havent put it through it's paces. It seems to be of typical Aimpoint quality though.

Jun 30, 2010
    Churchton
    PM Gun Connection. They stalk them and should be able to tell you more.

Sounds like Aimpoint needs a restraining order! ZING!!!

Sorry for the cheesy joke =P

I plan on buying one of these fire my AR build when I get the money. I hear they're nice

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

LostSoul

Nugget Popper
    Oct 29, 2008
    Ho Co
    WARPIG [USMC];1549136 said:
    Sounds like Aimpoint needs a restraining order! ZING!!!

I was gonna say something, but I couldn't come up with anything witty enough on short notice :D

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    It's great! The came out with this model to support police department on a budget. There is no reduction in quality. It was also built to compete with EOTech. I got mine from Dan also and am pleased.

Ar1b3nz

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Apr 18, 2011
    NOVA
    I just picked one from Engage, but i have not put it to the test yet. So i dont really have much to say about it, the cool think is that came with its own mount ;)

vin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    I went to my buddies house today and saw his PRO on his new rifle. What an amazing value that thing is. It's NV compatible, which neither of us have any use for at the moment or probably any time soon, but it's a nice touch. I REALLY liked the eyepiece lens cover! It's got a window in it for rapid shooting without opening the caps using te Binden aiming method. I think I'm gonna modify the solid lens cover on my c3 to do the same thing.

LAW683

Nov 1, 2011
    I have one and like it alot. Havent had any issues. Coming from someone who has had and shot eotech's and Acog's I can tell you this would be my choice over all them. Hence why I do have one with a 3X mag that co-whitness it perfect. Couldnt be happier with it

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    I have had one since they first came out before some places got smacked for selling go general population. I like it a lot. I have put abour 500 rounds through the rifle with it and it has performed flawlessly.

rstickle

Jul 12, 2008
    Laurel, MD
    WHen I got my M4 a couple of years ago LaRue Tactical was selling them with their mount for about the same price as everyone else was just selling the M4 for. Might want to check there. Besides, LaRue always throws some "extras" in the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom