• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike_in_md

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    Howard County
    My club runs a pistol league every Tuesday night under the lights with heat. PM me if you are interested in joining Garrison gun club. I am the VP of that club.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I spent a lot of time talking and visiting many of the AGC clubs before choosing to join Monumental.

My advice is find a club that suits your shooting needs and style. You can always change clubs (or join multiple clubs) if you want.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I'll give another nod to Monumental. After looking at many and talking to mcbruzdzinski. I chose Monumental and am VERY happy. I have yet to meet anyone there who isn't very helpful and willing to help you learn something new. I just volunteered after being a member for a year for the Trap range. Just my experience. YMMV

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    Besides Monumental...Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club comes to mind. They have youth projects and are into a lot of metallic silhouette shooting, both at the 200, 100 and the Pistol Range.

I belong to the Metallic Silhouette Shooters Club myself. At the present time the SRSO's handle yearly membership dues for MSSC, which makes it easier for me to get my yearly club membership card.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    All the clubs are good clubs with good people. Just find one where you feel comfortable and come on out to the range and shoot! You'll meet and shoot with people from all the clubs. Make sure you get on the legislative e-mail list and keep up with what they try to stick us with in Annapolis.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    For sure sign up with the legislative e-mail list so that you keep aware of AGC range events and legislative issues relating to firearms.

dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    Can one visit the place to just look around first?

Basically, I am just looking for a place where I can shoot my handguns and/or AK/AR rifles informally. No competition(for now) event for me.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Can one visit the place to just look around first?

Basically, I am just looking for a place where I can shoot my handguns and/or AK/AR rifles informally. No competition(for now) event for me.

Of course you can. Really just show up when the range is open and ask the RSO if he wouldn't mind showing you around a bit.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I hear "this club is best", "no, ours is", but I'm not getting any real vibe on WHY you folks feel that way.

I'm looking to join a club as well, but no clue why one would be better than another at this point.

I see clubs with tables at gun shows from time to time, but I was wondering...

Has there been anything like a "Club Fair", where multiple clubs all come together to let folks get a feel for who-offers-what, and meet the membership people to get a real time impression of what club might be best??

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I don't any club is really "best" but some clubs might be a better fit for your interests.

If you are primarily into muzzleloaders, there's a club for that. If high power rifle shooting is your thing, there's a couple of clubs that concentrate on that.
    If full-auto trips your trigger, there's a club that is involved in that.

Most clubs allow people to come to a meeting or a club sponsored shoot and get to meet some of the members and see where they fit in. Once you are a member of a club, any club, and start using the ranges you will likely meet members from all the clubs and get to know them.
    Most of the clubs allow people from other clubs to join them in some of their shoots.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    I hear "this club is best", "no, ours is", but I'm not getting any real vibe on WHY you folks feel that way.

I'm looking to join a club as well, but no clue why one would be better than another at this point.

I see clubs with tables at gun shows from time to time, but I was wondering...

Has there been anything like a "Club Fair", where multiple clubs all come together to let folks get a feel for who-offers-what, and meet the membership people to get a real time impression of what club might be best??

We have talked about having an AGC open house for many years. Maybe we will be able to get it scheduled for this year.

For the most part, many of the clubs have had tables out when we host the DNR Hunting and Fishing Day expo in September.

I know when I joined, I just visited each club. It took me a few months to decide upon Monumental. YMMV!

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I am starting to get my kids involved, but have not been able to discern how they can shoot at the Marriotsville AGC range at events without being members themselves, because they are both under 12..... And clubs have an adult requirement. :confused:

If someone can suggest a club that has structured kids events that won't put me in the poor house, I may consider defecting.

As of now Baltimore Rifle suites "just me", but it is not just me anymore.....

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    I'm interested in shooting at AGC, but am daunted by the large choice of affiliated clubs. Can anyone recommend a good one for me?

I live in Silver Spring and enjoy target shooting pistol (.22 & 9mm) and rifle (.22 & .223). I also recently started shooting trap and sporting clays at PG Trap & Skeet and enjoy it quite a bit. I have never hunted, but would if given the opportunity. My 22-year-old son is also interested in joining wherever I do.

Any suggestions?

I've been shooting with Arlington Rifle Pistol Club for 3 years now and I'm very happy. We love to shoot steel (with centerfire :party29: ) and clays; and we usually have a few events a month. If you haven't joined a club yet come out this weekend (Or if you have come out anyways for a great time). We have a steel shoot this Saturday on the 100y range at the AGC. I guarantee you won't regret coming out in the cold.

Check out our website for more details:
    http://arlingtonrpc.org/

FlatTopFoley

Bears
    Sep 6, 2010
    Silver Spring
    I'm in Greenbelt Gun Club for the 3rd or 4th year now, good guys. But you really can't go wrong with any of the clubs. Hopefully this year I'll be up there a bit more now that I have a better vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom