• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Does anyone know if the range bad process has smoothed out? I kinda of waited to get mine due to hearing reports of standing in 90 minutes lines. Getting the itch to do some shooting so it might be time to get my butt up there. I am a weekend shooter, so unfortunately I cannot get up there on a weekday when the range is empty.

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    Well the process is run by volunteers so you cannot really demand perfect service. I waited about 60 minutes to get photographed for mine. U might want to just bite the bullet and go on a weekend. Consider the wait time an investment, as after the initial issuing of the badge you will not have to sit through it again for 5 years.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Well the process is run by volunteers so you cannot really demand perfect service. I waited about 60 minutes to get photographed for mine. U might want to just bite the bullet and go on a weekend. Consider the wait time an investment, as after the initial issuing of the badge you will not have to sit through it again for 5 years.

This is true. Get up early on Sat/Sun, get coffee, donuts/breakfast and head off for the Barnes Range House!

The first year will be rough but the AGC volunteers are doing their best to make it run smooth.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    LOL

I tend to eat my breakfast in the Barnes House during the weekends I am there. Old World Deli makes some great breakfast sandwiches and John (the RSO) knows a palce that makes good breakfast platters/snadwiches too!

I have also been known to stop at the Entenmann's Discount Store in Dundalk and bring in a supply of pastries/danish/coffee cake too!

vette97

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2008
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I decided to go after work last Friday. I left early and got there at 3pm. I was the only one there and they had me in and out in 5 minutes.

I was sick the day the BRC had their annual meeting. A friend of mine went and was there from 9am to 5pm until he got his range badge.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    The rush is pretty much over. I only waited about 10 to 15 minutes to get mine. Be sure to check the AGC calender on their web site to be sure the volunteer is going to be there.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I decided to go after work last Friday. I left early and got there at 3pm. I was the only one there and they had me in and out in 5 minutes.

I was sick the day the BRC had their annual meeting. A friend of mine went and was there from 9am to 5pm until he got his range badge.

That's one of the problems. Just like waiting in line last week to sign in to testify in Annapolis. No one is prepared for an overly large crowd and they do the best that they can. I waited almost a month after our club monthly meeting to go. In and out 20 minutes. Only 2 other people there!! Good luck.

britespark

Dec 22, 2012
    I went on a weekday morning and had no waiting at all. Very pleasant experience. Was so windy and cold that nobody was on the 100yd range and only one brave soul on the pistol range.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Does anyone know if the range bad process has smoothed out? I kinda of waited to get mine due to hearing reports of standing in 90 minutes lines. Getting the itch to do some shooting so it might be time to get my butt up there. I am a weekend shooter, so unfortunately I cannot get up there on a weekday when the range is empty.

The good news is: your 2012 badge is good until the end of February.
    Check the website or cal the RSO and see when they will be available to do the new photo badge.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County

I'm a member of Maryland Rifle. They had a long line in the day of their meeting to get your badge. I went the next day and they had just called a cease fire. I was walking out as the line went hot. Only 5 minutes in and out.

Marine

Jan 10, 2013
    I went there yesterday at 4 and only had to wait about 15mins. There was only 1 person in front of me.

~Trigger~

Sep 6, 2010
    AZ Transplant
    Im confused, you fellas need photo ID to use a range?

Or wait...is this photo ID for club membership, to avoid long lines at the range? Like during public shooting days, or something?

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD

Or wait...is this photo ID for club membership, to avoid long lines at the range? Like during public shooting days, or something?

Yes, as of this year (2013) you need a range badge with your photo on it. Apparently some folks were abusing the previous system, so we're all suffering the consequences.

SKIP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2009
    Glenwood/Glenelg
    Yes, as of this year (2013) you need a range badge with your photo on it. Apparently some folks were abusing the previous system, so we're all suffering the consequences.

Ain't that the truth. For over 30 years it was send the money and received your badge in the mail or at a club meeting.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту

Welcome to Maryland.

AGC is probably one if the best ranges this side of the bay. If AGC didn't exist, I am not sure where I would go.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    I suggest that you check the AGC web site calendar for the day's badges will be issued; they are not offering photo Range Badges every day (I called there today). Look at the calendar before you drive out there. No badges tomorrow but Sunday, Tues. and Wed next week they will be issuing badges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom