• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Damn the entire "2014" thing. This is not going to be taken care of in 2014. 2014 will show the results of what we do from TODAY until then. We need to start working on the 2014 result today. We need to get every conservative in Montgomery County, PG County, Baltimore City, Blue Columbia, and Blue Annapolis to register as DINOs. These politicians need to lose in the primaries because we are not going to beat them in the general election. Just pay attention to the way certain counties have voted in elections and you will see the makeup is heavily liberal in certain areas.

Activism 101 is now about stomping for elections, NOT about influencing how legislation is passed or learning how to influence what legislation gets passed during the General Assembly session.

Somebody please post when the primaries are. Somebody please post which Delegates need to be removed. All of mine voted against this crap, so not much I can do here and I have no desire to run against people with my same views. I read through Delegate Bates' legislative summary and she and I are in the same camp. Nope, I need to help oust others from other places than the district I live in.

RustinRifle55

Feb 24, 2013
    St. James MD
    Recently spoke to a delegate from Western MD. His concern is that it will be very hard to unseat democrats in the urban counties. As he pointed out, most rural senators and delegates voted against SB281/HB294. Yes a few like Ron Young in Frederick are vulnerable but it will take more than a few changes to get a majority. How do we defeat Dumais, Simmons, Frosh and people who are entrenched in urban districts? Whether we like it or not Baltimore City, PG, Montgomery, Howard, and some Ann Arundel politicians run this state. They basically say "screw you" western and eastern MD.

River Mud

Mar 19, 2013
    Another newbie here. I've hunted all my life and not been involved in 2A stuff because for personal reasons I don't support the NRA and I wrongly equated "NRA = 2A lobbying." I didn't think it had anything to do with me. Even Obama's "23 points" or whatever didn't seem totally beyond the pale (my personal politics, I know many of you disagree).

But then came Martin's email this winter, somehow pilfered from the DNR database. "Don't worry, hunter, it's not your guns we're after - it's everyone else's guns. I promise." I am a big fan of divide/neuter/conquer when it comes to my daily work, and I recognize that from Martin's propaganda, and that woke me up fast.

I've supported O'Malley on numerous environmental issues over the years. The hunting community has largely given him an :sad20: and a "meh," which I would have thought he was grateful for....but clearly his only goal was to have us neutered to pursue 2A advocates directly.

I am eager to keep pursuing this and learn from you all how to become involved at the next level. The first time I wrote my delegate about SB281, I was excited. After about 8 communications and 0 responses, I feel like there simply has to be more that I can do....because this ain't working. They ain't listening.

Thanks to everyone who put in time and who kept the rest of us up to date. I will be joining MSI and will follow your lead into 2014.

Assists21

Jan 17, 2013
    You know what strikes me - the number of guys here now with low number of posts and join dates right after these bad bills were introduced

And I DO NOT mean this in a negative way. It just proves they have hit the hornets nest with a baseball bat

game on!

I am one of them. I have always voted but never became active in politics. Yes I am late, but I am here to stay...I will say this stuff is addictive. I have recently been involved with bad bills that would tax my church. The 2nd amendment is not the only amendment under attack.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co

River Mud

Mar 19, 2013
    Recently spoke to a delegate from Western MD. His concern is that it will be very hard to unseat democrats in the urban counties. As he pointed out, most rural senators and delegates voted against SB281/HB294. Yes a few like Ron Young in Frederick are vulnerable but it will take more than a few changes to get a majority. How do we defeat Dumais, Simmons, Frosh and people who are entrenched in urban districts? Whether we like it or not Baltimore City, PG, Montgomery, Howard, and some Ann Arundel politicians run this state. They basically say "screw you" western and eastern MD.

I could be wrong, but I think the tact is more along the line of, "if you subvert the Constitution, you'll be out of a job," meaning that these men and women all need to face opposition in their primaries. If it were from a 2A supporter, that would be FANTASTIC. If not, and we unseat some of the 2012's party voters, it sends the message that this community can work to disrupt one's political career.

And honestly, even if the "new" D opponent is "more" anti-2A than the current delegate, how could that translate to something worse than we currently have? We saw this year that no D's dared to oppose the governor when it came to actually voting for/against this hideous legislation.

Vote anti-2A = lose your job. I think that's the hopeful take-home message for "Sure Dem" districts.

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    I, too, am one of the newer members here.

I am disgusted, revolted, and infuriated by what I saw in our state legislature. I am now a card-carrying DINO.

I WILL NOT FORGET.
    I WILL NOT FORGIVE.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009

You try to get them out by having conservatives register with the Democratic party. You vote these people out in the primary. Yeah, you get another Democrat, but at least you don't have one there that has been there for 20+ years and breaking arms to get the law passed that the Governor wants.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Can you track down the source of this info?

The application, which can be used to change party affiliation, has to be postmarked 21 days before the election.

http://elections.state.md.us/voter_registration/documents/2012_English_Internet_VRA.pdf

It was from a thread earlier today, but if 21 days before the election is what it is, and the next primary is on June 24, 2014, then we have a couple days to take a break. We can start working on this on April 16th after tax season. lol

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    I know I am here and leaving not yet. I am a DINO and will be the first one into Robeys office come the day after the elections to tell him that I happily helped to eliminate him in the primaries

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I, too, am one of the newer members here.

I am disgusted, revolted, and infuriated by what I saw in our state legislature. I am now a card-carrying DINO.

I WILL NOT FORGET.
    I WILL NOT FORGIVE.

Hopefully, you are in a district where it will do some good. Wish I was back in Germantown so that tact would work for me. Garagiola and Dumais were in my district then. I would have even been tempted to run against those two as a Democrat.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    "I feel all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve." Yamamoto

"We're awake, we're pissed, and we're not going down that easily." Irons

one-star

Mar 9, 2009

There is two ways you can go with this....

Option 1 is play their game and try and elect conservative democrats, and you will lose and be co-opted into the power system

Option 2 is be proverbial bomb throwers....if we go into this game with the mantra that if you vote against us we sponsor your opponent and you lose your job, even if the new face is worst than you we win. Incumbents only fear for their jobs, not their principles. Knock out Dumais, Brochin, and Frosh in the next cycle and people will start to be afraid....

Of course what will happen is option 1, so Im out....

one-star

Mar 9, 2009
    I could be wrong, but I think the tact is more along the line of, "if you subvert the Constitution, you'll be out of a job," meaning that these men and women all need to face opposition in their primaries. If it were from a 2A supporter, that would be FANTASTIC. If not, and we unseat some of the 2012's party voters, it sends the message that this community can work to disrupt one's political career.

And honestly, even if the "new" D opponent is "more" anti-2A than the current delegate, how could that translate to something worse than we currently have? We saw this year that no D's dared to oppose the governor when it came to actually voting for/against this hideous legislation.

Vote anti-2A = lose your job. I think that's the hopeful take-home message for "Sure Dem" districts.

This is what will win for us.

Anything else is just buying into the game and losing

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave

THIS.

Damn it.... This

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Another newbie here. I've hunted all my life and not been involved in 2A stuff because for personal reasons I don't support the NRA and I wrongly equated "NRA = 2A lobbying." I didn't think it had anything to do with me. Even Obama's "23 points" or whatever didn't seem totally beyond the pale (my personal politics, I know many of you disagree).

But then came Martin's email this winter, somehow pilfered from the DNR database. "Don't worry, hunter, it's not your guns we're after - it's everyone else's guns. I promise." I am a big fan of divide/neuter/conquer when it comes to my daily work, and I recognize that from Martin's propaganda, and that woke me up fast.

I've supported O'Malley on numerous environmental issues over the years. The hunting community has largely given him an :sad20: and a "meh," which I would have thought he was grateful for....but clearly his only goal was to have us neutered to pursue 2A advocates directly.

I am eager to keep pursuing this and learn from you all how to become involved at the next level. The first time I wrote my delegate about SB281, I was excited. After about 8 communications and 0 responses, I feel like there simply has to be more that I can do....because this ain't working. They ain't listening.

Thanks to everyone who put in time and who kept the rest of us up to date. I will be joining MSI and will follow your lead into 2014.

Was that the youth waterfowl day e-mail that you received? I received that one and my blood was boiling. I wrote a response, even though I knew he would not read it. Wanted to flood the in-box of whomever's account he had used for that. Not once had I received a DNR e-mail from him before, but now that he wanted me to take a backseat in this fight I get one wherein the first paragraph is about hunting "my friend" and the second was about common sense gun legislation that had nothing to do with guns used for hunting.

Took a while to clean the puke off my keyboard. I only wonder how many people fell for that, versus how many people woke up and smelled the crap like you did.

Jan 28, 2013
    I'm optimistic about the future, there are enough Republicans and other conservatives in Montgomery County to have a major impact in the primaries. I'll be working until 2014 to make them registered Democrats. This law will serve as proof that they can't afford not to vote, or make protest votes for candidates with no chance of winning.

FireEngineer

Feb 11, 2012
    Instead of sending your voter change information via the snail mail, there is a website that the state will allow you to change your party. I "updated" mine yesterday, and it took about 5 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom