• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    I am very glad to see the new members who have "awoken". Welcome to the family.

I am by no means an "old man" on this forum, although I am pretty old (mid 40s) in real life. I have been a member here for just a couple years now.

I used to be politically apathetic (and was a registered Dem for most of my life), but spending time here in MDS and various other influences has "awoken" me. I feel like part of a big family of good, honest, patriotic people - and that's a wonderful feeling.

Since this fall, like many others here, I have spent nearly as much time fighting for 2A rights as I have running my business. I have easily spent 100 hours in Annapolis in the past couple months and easily spent a couple $K supporting MSI, SAF, NRA and a couple other groups. We've lost for now - and I, like you, am pissed, frustrated, and disappointed in our elected officials.

Our country, state, and society are at a crossroad. I honestly believe that. The next few years are going to be interesting to say the least. I will most likely have to stay in MD for a couple more years and I am not about to give up. I know so many others feel the same way. I have kids, and as such, I have made a moral decision to do whatever is in my power to insure that my children are able to live their lives in a free society.

Right now, that means fighting the obvious tyrannical corruption that has manifested itself, in this state, before our very eyes. In means preparing for the worst, but praying for the best.

I am in for the fight, and I am so glad that so many others are too.

God bless MD Shooters. God bless the patriots in Maryland and all around the country. We cannot give up.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Again welcome to our newer members both *here* and to 2A fight generally.

The Bill of Rights is nonPartisan , and there is a wide range of views here on everything else other than the core 2A beliefs , and that's a Good Thing.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave

I am by no means an "old man" on this forum, although I am pretty old (mid 40s) in real life. I have been a member here for just a couple years now.

I used to be politically apathetic (and was a registered Dem for most of my life), but spending time here in MDS and various other influences has "awoken" me. I feel like part of a big family of good, honest, patriotic people - and that's a wonderful feeling.

Since this fall, like many others here, I have spent nearly as much time fighting for 2A rights as I have running my business. I have easily spent 100 hours in Annapolis in the past couple months and easily spent a couple $K supporting MSI, SAF, NRA and a couple other groups. We've lost for now - and I, like you, am pissed, frustrated, and disappointed in our elected officials.

Our country, state, and society are at a crossroad. I honestly believe that. The next few years are going to be interesting to say the least. I will most likely have to stay in MD for a couple more years and I am not about to give up. I know so many others feel the same way. I have kids, and as such, I have made a moral decision to do whatever is in my power to insure that my children are able to live their lives in a free society.

Right now, that means fighting the obvious tyrannical corruption that has manifested itself, in this state, before our very eyes. In means preparing for the worst, but praying for the best.

God bless MD Shooters. God bless the patriots in Maryland and all around the country. We cannot give up.

QFT

crazycarl7

Feb 21, 2009
    Tomorrow I will leave the US, and head to Paris. I will be there for a week. While I am there I will be visiting the beaches of Normandy and getting a private tour. It saddens me that people gave their lives for this country and our freedoms, only to have them chipped away little by little. I plan on spending a lot of my time there praying for the men that lost their lives so we can live free. I have never been so ready to fight the good fight. We need to beat them at their own game. Social media must be used to the fullest extent. We need to educate the uneducated. Most of all we need to be organized. There must be a clear message that we are trying to get across. We must appeal to the minority population because this will affect all of us. This is not only about the 2A, it's about ALL of our rights. If they can go this far with the 2A, then they can do it with any of them. At some point it will affect the most liberal of liberals, and we need to get that message across! Billboards, newspaper ads, facebook posts, town hall meetings, etc etc. People need to know who the real enemy is, and it is not us!! I'm in this for the long haul!!

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    Tomorrow I will leave the US, and head to Paris. I will be there for a week. While I am there I will be visiting the beaches of Normandy and getting a private tour. It saddens me that people gave their lives for this country and our freedoms, only to have them chipped away little by little. I plan on spending a lot of my time there praying for the men that lost their lives so we can live free. I have never been so ready to fight the good fight. We need to beat them at their own game. Social media must be used to the fullest extent. We need to educate the uneducated. Most of all we need to be organized. There must be a clear message that we are trying to get across. We must appeal to the minority population because this will affect all of us. This is not only about the 2A, it's about ALL of our rights. If they can go this far with the 2A, then they can do it with any of them. At some point it will affect the most liberal of liberals, and we need to get that message across! Billboards, newspaper ads, facebook posts, town hall meetings, etc etc. People need to know who the real enemy is, and it is not us!! I'm in this for the long haul!!

Nice. Maybe take the DVD of Saving Private Ryan for the flight! And remember - FUBAR.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    Another new guy, came upon the site not long ago - started reading - got pissed off - and here I am a few months later - On the last panel to speak at 3:30ish at the house hearing, learned lots. In for the long haul - Have become Lifetime NRA member, Lifetime SAF, MSI and even SAS. Currently only own 1 handgun (I do have 6 of the 33 round mags waiting for me with my brother in FL). But now there is more to come.

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I was a lurker here for many years, until this. I have been visiting Annapolis for a lot of years, mainly for bills relating to hunting issues. I always kept tabs on gun related bills, but never really was focused on them. This year, I jumped in with as much of both feet as I possibly could because of this abomination. I am ashamed of myself that I had not placed this as a top priority in past years, and I offer my apology for that.

For me, my immediate "aftermath" plans consist of doing "damage control" at my place of employment and especially my home. While I was only able to make the trip to Annapolis 6 times this year, I have been working non-stop from both my home and work computers and phones, and been actively "recruiting and informing" on a few hunting sites I frequent. It is time for me to give back to them for the latitude they extended me.

Like others, I am not going anywhere, I just need to make up for some lost time.

The extreme sacrifices I have watched many of you endure is inspiring. I am grateful and in awe of your actions.

I plan to be involved in DINO and ALAMO efforts. Andi in the "war room" will have my contact info and I offer to PM that info to whoever needs it to help with the continuing plans of attack.

Without this site, I would be lost in my efforts. I'm proud to be associated with you all.

splfd

Jul 27, 2011
    Unfree State
    Recently spoke to a delegate from Western MD. His concern is that it will be very hard to unseat democrats in the urban counties. As he pointed out, most rural senators and delegates voted against SB281/HB294. Yes a few like Ron Young in Frederick are vulnerable but it will take more than a few changes to get a majority. How do we defeat Dumais, Simmons, Frosh and people who are entrenched in urban districts? Whether we like it or not Baltimore City, PG, Montgomery, Howard, and some Ann Arundel politicians run this state. They basically say "screw you" western and eastern MD.

I like the way you think those are my sentiments completely. I'm sorry to waste a post on this. I need a "like" button. :thumbsup:

splfd

Jul 27, 2011
    Unfree State

Great to be here, and God bless you too sir. Thank you for fighting the good fight for as much as you have been doing. I commend your efforts and I look forward to the time, we can take this back. I'm eager to learn your political tactics.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I believe I saw somewhere that June 9, 2013 is the deadline to switch to the Democrat party to vote in the upcoming primary. So, not as much time as you may think.

That's just for the candidates, not for us voters.

So if you plan on running, you need to switch in the next couple weeks.

Plenty of time for the rest to switch.

RavensChick

Gun Loving Bitch
    I am one of these newbies. I have shot all my life but recently became more active and aware because of what went on the past few months. It has been a huge educational experience for me both political and gun related.

I believe what we can do that will make the most impact is education.

I work at a small (20 people) science lab in Columbia. I have started conversations with 2 people now about this debate. Walking to lunch with one of them I made the comment that I was going into VA to look at some rifles. Her response was, "Oh you Marylanders and your guns". As in, this state is all gun crazy people. I was then able to explain to her that Maryland law is right up there with CA, NY, CO. We have background checks for all handgun purchases, etc. I am now able to bring it up in conversation with her and let her know about shooting and the legislation that has gone through Annapolis.
    The other person thought that Maryland was a pretty conservative state. My jaw dropped when she said that but it was because she is not aware of what is going on. I told her how left MD is and about SB281. She has now continually asked about how SB281 was going. She asks questions about what they are trying to pass and how it would or wouldn't help. Its been great to open their eyes to guns.

Lastly, we need to get the intimidation factor away from guns. Even though I have been shooting all my life, I still get a little rush when I grab my handgun or go to a gun store and get to hold one of those evil black rifles. Think about the people that have never shot or even held a gun. They see a handgun and think about the power it has. Its intimidating and scary for them. We need to get people to see guns as recreation and fun rather than power and intimidation. One way to do this is to take them to the range. Let them pick up a gun and take a shot.
    We need to get the average joe gun owner to talk to their friends, coworkers, family. Persuade them to go to the range with you, and have knowledgeable staff at the range to encourage and instruct.

+1

I think we need to especially open the eyes of women, who are more intimiated than men are. I have already invited a co-worker to the range to learn how to shoot.

I have a few other ideas as well.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    +1

I think we need to especially open the eyes of women, who are more intimiated than men are. I have already invited a co-worker to the range to learn how to shoot.

I have a few other ideas as well.

Hey RavensChick, great meeting you in Annapolis. Been advocating same notion all over on threads. What range?

Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    I, like splfd, would benefit from an activism 101 lessons learned type discussion. This type of activism is a first for many of us. I sent out e-mails, went to Annapolis several times, showed up at offices of members of the committees to sign their ledgers, but really didn't know what to say and to whom. If I did say anything, I don't think I was effective.

I've sent out e-mails to my senators and delegates in the past, but never like this year. I'm motivated, but don't have any idea of where to direct my efforts from here. What's next? My only sources of info are from this forum, and e-mails from MSI and AGC.

Thanks to everyone for all your efforts. I am encouraged that there are so many of us. They have awakened a sleeping giant.

I think an activism primer would be a huge help. I want to be paaionate AND efficient!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom