• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    www.breitbart.com

Activist David Hogg: Americans 'Have No Right to a Gun'

Gun control activist David Hogg tweeted that Americans "have no right to a gun," suggesting the right to bear arms applies only to a militia.
    www.breitbart.com

Gun control activist David Hogg tweeted Sunday that Americans “have no right to a gun,” suggesting that the right to keep and bear arms applies only to members of the militia.

Hogg tweeted:

The text of the Second Amendment says, “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

On February 1, 2018, Breitbart News noted that the phrase, “well regulated militia,” underlined the importance of the words, “shall not be infringed.”

Founding Father James Madison used Federalist 46 to explain that the American citizenry had within itself the authority to band together for purposes of repelling tyranny. He clearly stated that “ultimate authority … resides in the people alone.” And he explained that even a federal government fitted with a standing army will find itself unable to overcome the people, armed and banded together: “Extravagant as the supposition is, let it however be made. Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger.”

Madison continued:

The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth part of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence. It may well be doubted, whether a militia thus circumstanced could ever be conquered by such a proportion of regular troops. Those who are best acquainted with the last successful resistance of this country.
    Take away firearms or heavily restrict them via gun control and the militia is de-fanged, becoming nothing more than a group of men bound together with weapons consisting of stones, sticks, and verbal jabs.

Therefore, because a “well regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free state, the right to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

In other words, the right to keep and bear arms is intended as a surety that the militia will always pose enough resistance to keep the state free.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Hogg is just another Harvard educated moron.

Also, I think Madison was saying:

A well-regulated militia (i.e. an army) is required to defend the country.

That army is under the control of the federal government, and as such is subject to becoming used by a tyrannical government.

Because of the need of a militia, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shal not be infringed BECAUSE of the need for a standing army or militia.

Last edited:

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I propose that he doesn't have the right to the 1st amendment. Incendiary statements, and all that.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    When Hogg is man enough to try to take my guns, let him try. Something he'll never be and never do.

****It won't be him doing the taking - guys like him are influencers who work to change policies so that the force of law makes it legal for the state to do so with their guns. Hopefully that never happens, though it has happened at other points in history in many other countries.

Mister F

Aug 16, 2022
    Rockville
    I abhor gun violence. I’d frankly rather be 6 feet under than accidentally kill an innocent person while defending my own life ….. just my 0.02. But….

Simultaneously…..come and take mine. I’m so glad our forefathers made providence for this, and SCOTUS got it right so far.

This guy is a douche and the second he needs an armed guard he’ll wish he had one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    ****It won't be him doing the taking - guys like him are influencers who work to change policies so that the force of law makes it legal for the state to do so with their guns. Hopefully that never happens, though it has happened at other points in history in many other countries.
    This is spot on. He also provides a weak version of masculinity for the mad mommies to hold up as example of a "man" standing behind their idealized right to "feel safe". Makes no difference to them that the feeling safe is entirely different than actually being prepared to defend one's own safety. It's all about the emotions and feelings for them.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    We are already some distance down the road to totalitarianism.

I often think of late that the biggest thing restraining them is the fact that we are armed to the teeth.

I think they are becoming more frantic to remove that barrier in their desperation to complete their revolution.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I propose that he doesn't have the right to the 1st amendment. Incendiary statements, and all that.

I agree

The 1st amendment was only for licensed, state controlled journalists. Now what does that sound like?

In fact, if you apply the concept he is saying "The second amendment is only for the (state controlled) militia to the other amendments, the fallacy of his argument becomes clear:

No illegal search and seizure of government officers only
    Only government officers have the right to not incriminate themselves

etc etc.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    This moron forgets that the Bill of Rights was deliberately crafted as the rights OF THE PEOPLE. Well, partially excluding the 10th, which essentially granted anything else not already mentioned in 1-9, or otherwise covered in the constitution (presumably inclusive of additional amendments), to the states or to the people.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The founders grudgingly acknowledged that the country would inevitably require a standing military. Having just shaken off the abuses of a Crown that used its professional military to oppress the colonists’ liberties, the founders agreed with the more anxious in their ranks and used the 2A of the BoR to guarantee the government would never again have the monopoly on the keeping and bearing of arms.

It’s exactly the opposite of the spun interpretation of the Constitution broadly, and the 2A specifically, that Hogg is regurgitating from his expensive lefty professors.

He should ask for a tuition refund.

Last edited:

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Pretty sure The Federalist Papers defined "the militia" as "the whole of the people," so, again, Mr Hogg, you are WRONG!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom