• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'll be in the market for a .308 next year...but not sure if I should go bolt or AR...

I'll have to keep my eyes out for the Colt .308/5.56
    model number???? or sneak peak link?

http://www.tactical-life.com/online/exclusives/colt-modular-carbine-sp901-in-308-winchester/

As far of any advice to what route to go its all about groups. If you want the best accuracy a good bolt gun wins every time. If you are ok with MOA accuracy and want fater follow up shots and possibly a less reliable platform 9Depends on who builds it) then go with a .308 AR or other autoloader.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    http://www.tactical-life.com/online/exclusives/colt-modular-carbine-sp901-in-308-winchester/

As far of any advice to what route to go its all about groups. If you want the best accuracy a good bolt gun wins every time. If you are ok with MOA accuracy and want fater follow up shots and possibly a less reliable platform 9Depends on who builds it) then go with a .308 AR or other autoloader.

Agree. I can't seem to stay away from bolts...hence why I want to take my time on that .308

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I just looked at this rifle and ur right....looks awesome!

Ill definately be getting one.

I have heard that it will be around $1600 MSRP too. They saw the crap Bushmaster and FN have taken over the cost of their wonder guns and how it hurts sales asking 2K plus for a battle rifle. They dont sell well at that price.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Wait for the Beretta ARX160 to hit the civy market. The ACR is a meidocre at best so is the SCAR IMHO.

Beretta has been sittng back watching manufacturers make mistakes and designing an awesome gun.

never heard of the beretta one. sounds neat. the ACR and SCAR in my opinion are a fad, kids who play call of duty go out and buy them as soon as they are of age. (ouch, that statement is gonna start a war). I HAVE heard first hand testimony of the ACR's accuracy, and i think that is cool, but for that much money i could have something else on the list, or a few things. i agree with clandesdouchewaffle that theyre not as cool as they seem.

gunup

Jun 17, 2010
    Towson, MD.
    well....I was looking into ACR because of some of the great features it has to offer, but now looks like the Beretta ARX 160 has the same features and then some!!! So far I am very impressed with it. When is it coming out?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    well....I was looking into ACR because of some of the great features it has to offer, but now looks like the Beretta ARX 160 has the same features and then some!!! So far I am very impressed with it. When is it coming out?

No release date yet. They initially didnt plan to make a civy version of it but I think they got ALOT of interest due to shot show presentations.

I heard a rumor by the end of 2012. Just in time for the end of the world.

LineofSight

MSI Member, NRA Member
    Oct 4, 2010
    All OVER
    God that Beretta rifle is terrible looking...

I would certainly take the Storm in FDE but stating it's better? than FNP 45 Tac is some strong words.

Fans boys of CoD can't afford FN Scar nun...:)

Never understood why people complain about 2K price tag when ARs are in the price range also!?!

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    To me the ACR is very front end heavy and unbalanced--even without a magazine. I was thinking of buying one but this was the reason that I ended up not doing so.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    the more i look into the arx160, the more i really want one...

its also inspired me to make a ceramic heat shield for the arsenal ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom