• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squints68

May 28, 2009
    pasadena
    i 'm still new to reloading but i have a question. i'm reloading 9mm i have 115 gr bullets but i want them to say sub sonic. can i use a power charge meant for 147gr? thanks :party29:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    i 'm still new to reloading but i have a question. i'm reloading 9mm i have 115 gr bullets but i want them to say sub sonic. can i use a power charge meant for 147gr? thanks :party29:

i wouldnt.. post what powder you using and somebody will post the charge for subsonic load.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    too laazy to get off bed and go to the basement... lol

if i remember.. will post some loads for you tomorrow. i have hodgon and sierra book.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    i have lymans 49th,speers 14th and an old book with out a cover.

Check the publishing dates, especially the old one with no cover. Data changes over time, and anything more than a few years old shouldn't be trusted.

Just looked them up. The Lyman is new and okay, the Speers is from 1994 and too old, and the no cover ought to be for historical purposes only.

squints68

May 28, 2009
    pasadena
    Check the publishing dates, especially the old one with no cover. Data changes over time, and anything more than a few years old shouldn't be trusted.

Just looked them up. The Lyman is new and okay, the Speers is from 1994 and too old, and the no cover ought to be for historical purposes only.

i want to get more books. the lyman came with my reloading kit and the other two were given to me. but thanks for the advice

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The other reality check is that virtually any subsonic load ( *usually considered mid 1000 fps , sub 1000 to be absolutely garrenteed subsonic) is unlikely to cycle most pistols.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    sierra book.

115 gr bullets
    1000fps hs-6 pwder 5.5 gr
    universal clay 4.2 gr

hodgdon book
    115 lrn
    hs-6 6.4gr 1117fps
    clays 3.0 954fps

all starting loads.

squints68

May 28, 2009
    pasadena
    The other reality check is that virtually any subsonic load ( *usually considered mid 1000 fps , sub 1000 to be absolutely garrenteed subsonic) is unlikely to cycle most pistols.

i have been shooting 9mm 147 gr factory ammo that is 860-975 in my XDM and cycles fine

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    i have been shooting 9mm 147 gr factory ammo that is 860-975 in my XDM and cycles fine

some will cycle fine.. and some will not lock after the last round..

it actually happen to my xdm... i've been using titegroup.. i've use the min loads and it will cycle fine..but once awhile.. it will not lock after the last round. ;)

squints68

May 28, 2009
    pasadena
    some will cycle fine.. and some will not lock after the last round..

it actually happen to my xdm... i've been using titegroup.. i've use the min loads and it will cycle fine..but once awhile.. it will not lock after the last round. ;)

i'll look into titegroup power. thanks:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom