• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Another question from a hospital representative asked why social media was not included in the study. It was not included in any of the sub-committee's recommendations.

Bullying was included as a tsk factor.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Next question about why not address the white males killing themselves, only talk about black men shooting each other. Maybe should deal with that instead of other issues (not my words).Guy asking about access to guns. Needs to reduce access to guns. Thinks the issue is access to guns.

As I mentioned earlier, may be the same rate.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    County Executive now speaking. (Pittman).

Now giving the accolades to his staff. Talking about whether or not he thought this would work. Large staffs might not have the time. Etc. Says task force was diverse. Recognizing the 2A supporters were not included. Said task force has nothing to do with the 2A. Said preempted from state regulations. Said there ate some legislation recommendations. Said assault Weapon not mentioned in report, that surprised him.
    (Maybe that because whatever he thinks assault weapons ate, they ate not the problem).

Praising the fed for 25 mil for gun violence funding.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A slide was just shown that indicated that suicide of white males is 4 times as many as blacks males. Looking at the population in AA county, whites are about 4x more popular as blacks. So, the rate may actually be the same.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

First question out of the box was from a member of the public wanting to know about mental health costs. Patients can't afford it. Question not answered. She was was not a public official.

Mental health care is abysmal in this State, and nation wide. The rich stay healthy, the sick stay poor.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Concur with what was already said.

Pleased that suicide was clearly identified as a major part of "gun violence ". Yes, gun control is still part of the solution.

Lots of "Aren't We Good ".

Two best moments; When Dr. K. Public health officer, asked for questions. He erred and allowed a non-official to ask a question about mental health treatment. Andrea Chamblee jumps up and reminds him who is allowed to ask questions.

Then I photo bombed a Moms group photo. They scrambled to take it elsewhere.

Screen shots later.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    So on the whole an echo chamber circle-jerk, with only the cool kids allowed to take part.

So very Maryland.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    Report here:

https://www.aacounty.org/boards-and...reports/final-preliminary-report-20191219.pdf

Some good data here, but not specific to AA county. It appears in MD, white firearms suicide is twice black suicide rates. The charts in te brief compared actual numbers, making the disparity look even bigger than reality.

https://annals.org/aim/fullarticle/...arm-homicide-suicide-black-white-non-hispanic

Maybe they should research the suicide numbers and determine how many of those would have qualified for their assisted suicide bill that was introduced previously. I.E. suffering from a horrible medical condition and at the end of their life.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    It is good that the violence found is in relation to mental health, that area definitely needs repair! I'll not give the report the dignity of being read until Bloombergs ideas are made into bills so there may be a simple comparison, giving the task force credit due, or not. Thanks for keeping us informed!
    Oh, was there any mention of the National Guard, sarcasm.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I was not surprised by the lack of anything regarding holding criminals accountable for their actions. However, there was one comment I was surprised to see.

"Develop programs to assure that guns confiscated through red flag laws and other methods be returned to the owner after conditions are satisfactorily met"

Not that it makes anything better, I was just surprised to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom