• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    OK, so the current [illegal] order will expire on Monday, since the court dropped trou on the elected leadership in favor of administrative fiat.

What will Pissman's next trick be?

Anybody want to bet the CHO extends the order? If he was already acting outside his legal authority with the original order, it's not as if lack of authority will stop him.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Anybody want to bet the CHO extends the order? If he was already acting outside his legal authority with the original order, it's not as if lack of authority will stop him.

I read something somewhere this week that said he was not planning to do so.

Mr H

Banana'd

I can't shop out of county much more than I already do!!

;)

Seriously, though... if that happens, there needs to be a full-throated communications barrage on the county "leadership".

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I can't shop out of county much more than I already do!!

;)

Seriously, though... if that happens, there needs to be a full-throated communications barrage on the county "leadership".

I'm not seeing anywhere I go in AACo that has been enforcing it. I made my round of errands yesterday all in the county and not one place said a word.

Topped off the day by hitting our fave Tex Mex place by the airport and besides us we saw many people coming and going sans mask. Spoke with the owner a little bit and he can't wait until it's over. The last time he had his employees wear them for a few weeks after the mandate was lifted because he told us that although he hated them he knew he would lose customers if he didn't ease into the no mask routine. This time he's completely done.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I'm not seeing anywhere I go in AACo that has been enforcing it. I made my round of errands yesterday all in the county and not one place said a word.

Topped off the day by hitting our fave Tex Mex place by the airport and besides us we saw many people coming and going sans mask. Spoke with the owner a little bit and he can't wait until it's over. The last time he had his employees wear them for a few weeks after the mandate was lifted because he told us that although he hated them he knew he would lose customers if he didn't ease into the no mask routine. This time he's completely done.

A worker at a local booze store told me the county has been sending people in without masks to check for compliance, then dinging businesses that don't enforce it in their stores. I hope everyone remembers this come election time.

Mr H

Banana'd
    A worker at a local booze store told me the county has been sending people in without masks to check for compliance, then dinging businesses that don't enforce it in their stores. I hope everyone remembers this come election time.

I've been told of exactly this scenario, but another hasn't given a fig the whole time.

I've been going to the latter, even though the prices are a touch more.

It's pretty much all I've spent locally this month.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland

Clearly the county gov't has no respect for their employees' lives if they send them into society un-masked, just to test "compliance."

Brave souls, these compliance checkers.:rolleyes:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Clearly the county gov't has no respect for their employees' lives if they send them into society un-masked, just to test "compliance."

Brave souls, these compliance checkers.:rolleyes:

The government wants to ensure there is compliance, not safety.

Mr H

Banana'd
    The government wants to ensure there is compliance, not safety.

This.

After the County Council vote to not extend...

Jessica Haire said:
    I encourage those who feel safer wearing a mask to do so and for business owners to do what is best for their employees and customers. We are no longer in the beginning stages of this pandemic, our overall vaccination rate is nearly 70%, and at this point we need to believe in the residents of our County to make the best health decisions for themselves. Now is the time to focus on increased testing and support for hospital staff.

No backbone.

In contrast...

https://herbmcmillan.com/its-about-democracy-not-mask-mandates/

Herb McMillan said:
    Covid has existed in Anne Arundel County for two years. It isn’t a new disease or illness. Furthermore, state law doesn’t give the Health Officer authority to overturn the legislative action of an elected body for any reason. The Health Officer’s powers are limited and well defined, as are those of the county executive. Checks and balances are the cornerstone of American democracy.

The disrespect Pittman and Kalyanaraman have shown for the rule of law and democratic process by ignoring the vote of the county council to end Pittman’s executive order is astonishing. If Kalyanaraman actually has the legal authority to mandate masks, and Pittman never intended to follow the law, why didn’t Kalyanaraman simply mandate masks on December 30th instead of Pittman? The answer is self-evident. Kalyanaraman is not acting legally, and Pittman is acting like a dictator again.

Pissman for EX-ecutive.

Shekels sent to Herb.

Last edited:

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Thinking a mask will protect you from covid is like thinking a chain link fence will protect you from bullets.

:rolleyes:

If masks don't protect you from COVID, why do medical professionals wear them?

But back to Pittman, he is a disaster and needs to go ASAP. I've already donated to Jessica Haire.

Pittman can f*** off. So can vaccine passports.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Maryland is now at least 73% fully vaccinated (entire eligible population) and 95% of adults have had at least one shot of a vaccine. Maryland has one of the highest vaccination rates in the nation.
    Compliance with mask mandates is also very high in Maryland.

The citizens keep complying and the politicians keep taking more power. Regardless of party affiliation, if I were a city/county council member, or member of a state legislature and I was being bypassed by a mayor, "health official" county executive or governor, I'd be mad AF. I can assure you that if Maryland reached 100% vaccination and mask compliance, it would not make one iota of difference.

Appeasement doesn't work and it should stop.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    :rolleyes:

If masks don't protect you from COVID, why do medical professionals wear them?

But back to Pittman, he is a disaster and needs to go ASAP. I've already donated to Jessica Haire.

Pittman can f*** off. So can vaccine passports.

AA county put this out. Notice that surgical masks protect you 95% against a virus..... but somehow only 80% from dust and bacteria... cloth(of any kind apparently) offers 0% protection.... not 3% or 10%....0. How exactly are people supposed to put any faith whatsoever in leaders like these?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220128-220249_Facebook.jpg
      Screenshot_20220128-220249_Facebook.jpg
      83 KB · Views: 145

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    AA county put this out. Notice that surgical masks protect you 95% against a virus..... but somehow only 80% from dust and bacteria... cloth(of any kind apparently) offers 0% protection.... not 3% or 10%....0. How exactly are people supposed to put any faith whatsoever in leaders like these?

Are they getting roasted on it?

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009

I always thought viruses were smaller than bacteria.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Good Enough for Them Then Good Enough for You

And they keep pushing the china masks. If you're that afraid, get the real thing.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/v000057463/

3mtm-health-care-particulate-respirator-and-surgical-mask-1860.jpg

They're reusable as long as they're not soiled. The reason they want to hoard these for the med community is that they toss them after every use as if they were used condoms. They do that because each item is charged to whomever they need to bill. Profit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom