• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Bump.....

This needs to stay in the front of our minds. This will be the de facto gun ban that they can't get through the front door.

I'd suggest that you talk to your trap shooting friends about how they envision getting the serial numbers on each one of the individual pieces of shot in their #8 AAs.

What's that you say? A Perazzi isn't an assault weapon. True...but it shares ammunition with the SPAS 12 which is named specifically in the bill.

If the bill passes, say goodbye to PG Trap and Skeet, Pintail Point and all of the other clays ranges in the state.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just a partial list of calibers of firearms that will no longer have ammunition available if this thing passes:

Any handgun caliber - ANY! :shocked:

.22lr
    .223 Remington
    .308 Winchester
    12 gauge - all 12 gauge - read that again - all 12 gauge
    7.62x39
    .50BMG
    6.5 Grendel (.264 cal)
    6.8 SPC (.270 cal)
    .300 Whisper
    .45 Bushmaster
    .458 SOCOM
    .50 AE
    .50 Beowulf

Furthermore, there is no way around the caliber restrictions because the minute that someone rechambers a "regulated firearm" for a new caliber, it is by definition banned.

"I'll just reload" - Think again....after 2010, the POSSESSION of ammunition not meeting the new requirements is forbidden. All such ammunition must be destroyed.

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Just a partial list of calibers of firearms that will no longer have ammunition available if this thing passes:

Any handgun caliber - ANY! :shocked:

.22lr
    .223 Remington
    .308 Winchester
    12 gauge - all 12 gauge - read that again - all 12 gauge
    7.62x39
    .50BMG
    6.5 Grendel (.264 cal)
    6.8 SPC (.270 cal)
    .300 Whisper
    .45 Bushmaster
    .458 SOCOM
    .50 AE
    .50 Beowulf

Furthermore, there is no way around the caliber restrictions because the minute that someone rechambers a "regulated firearm" for a new caliber, it is by definition banned.

"I'll just reload" - Think again....after 2010, the POSSESSION of ammunition not meeting the new requirements is forbidden. All such ammunition must be destroyed.

They also name Saiga's which come in 20 and .410

BlackSheep

Mar 9, 2007
    This bill is a big pile of crap. All its doing is punishing law abiding citizens. All Maryland does is pick on the law abiding, if I am a criminal I am going to buy my ammunition in VA and my gun in NC and shoot the hell out of everyone in MD.

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    I still don't see either a hearing date or any cosponsors. Am I reading the information page correctly? Is this losing steam because it was introduced so late?
    You have assumed the bill had steam to begin with?

Think: Test case.

<B>
    Test, media reaction.
    Test, gun owners reaction.
    Test, other legislators response.
    Use, the test results for next years bills!
    </B>

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    This bill is a big pile of crap. All its doing is punishing law abiding citizens. All Maryland does is pick on the law abiding, if I am a criminal I am going to buy my ammunition in VA and my gun in NC and shoot the hell out of everyone in MD.

Easy on the harsh words we arent the only ones watching these posts

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    The very nature of their organization is a paradox, if they get their way and all guns are banned, they are out of a job. I don't get it.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Jim SR is dead on

Jim SR is dead on

This bill and the AW Tax are both very poorly written bills and legislators have a hard time getting behind them...this is consistent with what insiders and a Delegate communicated to me.....we may not have to worry about them this year but next year is a whole other ball of wax.

O'Malley is looking for money...don't forget that point and a whole bunch of Legislators are falling over themselves introducing new taxes to get into his good graces.....the 2A Issues have the added attraction of taking a shot at the Pro Rights groups while they're stealing our money.

Jas

Jan 7, 2006
    Dares Beach
    Jim SR is dead on

This bill and the AW Tax are both very poorly written bills and legislators have a hard time getting behind them...this is consistent with what insiders and a Delegate communicated to me.....we may not have to worry about them this year but next year is a whole other ball of wax.

O'Malley is looking for money...don't forget that point and a whole bunch of Legislators are falling over themselves introducing new taxes to get into his good graces.....the 2A Issues have the added attraction of taking a shot at the Pro Rights groups while they're stealing our money.

Agree 100% hopefully these bills will go nowhere but wait and see what they have waiting for next year.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Agree 100% hopefully these bills will go nowhere but wait and see what they have waiting for next year.

We need to keep the e-mail/calls and letters flowing folks....if this really is a "test the waters" year then if we turn the heat up high enough they may decide that the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Easy on the harsh words we arent the only ones watching these posts

This is true... I posted a couple days ago about the Tax Bill, mentioning that I have met Craig Rice and I have helped him during his campaigning a few years ago. Also that my father is the chairman of the Germantown Democratic Club, and that he too is AGAINST this tax.

Last night my dad called and asked if I had sent an e-mail to Mr. Rice. I said that I hadn't. My dad had received an e-mail from him because he had no idea we were opposed to the ban. The only place that info was posted was right here ;)

I am glad to see that someone's checking on this stuff. It makes you wonder if they're beginning to care how we feel! :party29:

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Last night my dad called and asked if I had sent an e-mail to Mr. Rice. I said that I hadn't. My dad had received an e-mail from him because he had no idea we were opposed to the ban. The only place that info was posted was right here ;)

I am glad to see that someone's checking on this stuff. It makes you wonder if they're beginning to care how we feel! :party29:

Wow!!!:whoa:

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    This is true... I posted a couple days ago about the Tax Bill, mentioning that I have met Craig Rice and I have helped him during his campaigning a few years ago. Also that my father is the chairman of the Germantown Democratic Club, and that he too is AGAINST this tax.

Well, we have just shy of 400 members here, but according to my logs we get about 4000 unique visitors per month. So far 1095 people this month alone have bookmarked this site. You can do the math on that one.:)

There are a lot of people who view this site regularly from the sidelines, and I'm sure many of them are part of the opposition. :wave:

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    There are a lot of people who view this site regularly from the sidelines, and I'm sure many of them are part of the opposition. :wave:

I guess that means that we are getting their attention. I also guess that we should be expecting some denial of service attacks or a hack to be forthcoming.

zrxc77

Feb 26, 2007
    Well, we have just shy of 400 members here, but according to my logs we get about 4000 unique visitors per month. So far 1095 people this month alone have bookmarked this site. You can do the math on that one.:)

Any need for contributions to defray the costs of operating this site?

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Any need for contributions to defray the costs of operating this site?
    I'm OK for now. Thanks for asking though. I may offer t-shirts or something at a later date to help cover some of the costs, but I'm trying to avoid the donations/advertising route as much as possible. That is unless some gun store owner wants to trade a Rock River Entry Tactical for a banner advertisement... :innocent0 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lloyd_Hansen

Latest threads

Top Bottom