• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    I, for one, think it’s good to not have a questionable opinion. Of course, I’m disappointed that it goes on longer, but having a solid, by the book case is preferable to me.

Avoid another Roe v Wade.
    wrong thread?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    They need bigger guns.
    And probably better shots. Maybe I missed it in the audio, but it looked like he may only have been hit once or twice. Based on the recoil, I'd guess the revolver might have been a 22 and the tiny thing the younger woman was shooting was probably a 22 or a 25.

Maybe the revolver was a 38.

Bigger guns and better shots. Thankful both women are okay.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    If this had happened in MD, these brave ladies would probably be procescuted because they locked the exit door to keep the perp inside instead of letting him escape. Hopefully they will not be charged.
    Depends on who might be on the jury. :innocent0

Dude came back looking for a fight instead of just say "oh damn, I'll wait and tell it to the judge" after he couldn't get through the outer door.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    These women are lucky to be alive...
    This video should be showed to newbies wanting to carry a gun for self defense on how easy it is for someone to overpower you, take your gun, then possibly beat you to death with it.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Depends on who might be on the jury. :innocent0

Dude came back looking for a fight instead of just say "oh damn, I'll wait and tell it to the judge" after he couldn't get through the outer door.
    While trying to escape, he was being shot at between the locked outer door and the inner door with the window shot out that became essentially a kill box. He probably claimed self defense during this part of the altercation. While I am delighted he got 22 years, if they had managed to kill him, in MD, the ladies would probably have been convicted of murder and then sued by his family. Come to think of it, if they had simply locked the inner door, this guy would have been trapped until the cops arrived. They should have taken the perp out when he first pulled his gun for a righteous shoot even in MD.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    More states need to allow the use of deadly force to protect property. Not much else is going to turn around the current national crime wave. Too many of these young turds are running loose in society and defended by the leftists, including the media.
    They used hang horse thieves!

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    Yeah if this were in Maryland the mother and daughter would be in severe trouble. One for locking the door when the piece of chit was escaping and keeping him inside. Second of all after she shot like twice he was exiting and she said how she kept shooting at him over and over and sure it was in the back. Wonder the daughter and mom was not killed when he came back in and grabbed her gun. Luckily mom had emptied the chamber already

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    More states need to allow the use of deadly force to protect property. Not much else is going to turn around the current national crime wave. Too many of these young turds are running loose in society and defended by the leftists, including the media.
    They used hang horse thieves!

It’d just be more gray area with the good guy getting screwed over. I also don’t want to see a 14 year old killed over a toaster oven.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    This video should be showed to newbies wanting to carry a gun for self defense on how easy it is for someone to overpower you, take your gun, then possibly beat you to death with it.
    so one should not carry or have the gun based on thins in your opinion. Maybe I did not read between the lines well enough.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    I think their game plan of locking an armed man in the store with them is one of the worst ideas ever. This was obviously something that was set up in advance. And if that’s your plan to force a shoot out then you should be better prepared. So glad they survived and hopefully they do not look at this as a success.
    I think you are misunderstanding the game plan. If you look on the video, the inner door also has an electromagnetic lock. I believe the game plan was to lock the guy in the vestibule. Things did not go according to plan because he was able to turn around an go back into the store before the inner door closed. It does not appear that they pulled their revolvers out until he returned the second time.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I think you are misunderstanding the game plan. If you look on the video, the inner door also has an electromagnetic lock. I believe the game plan was to lock the guy in the vestibule. Things did not go according to plan because he was able to turn around an go back into the store before the inner door closed. It does not appear that they pulled their revolvers out until he returned the second time.
    I stand by my statement.
    I don’t see an inner lock but even if you are correct there’s only glass between him and them. Hardly going to contain anyone. They had very little if any practice with their firearm. Their procedure for hiding was a joke. Their choice of firearms is questionable. This is a 100% video of what not to do and only by luck did this work out for them. Luck should never be part of your tactical game plan. Again I’m really happy it worked out but everyone in their family should ask the question what the fvck were you thinking Starting a gun fight that you are seriously unprepared for over a few dollars.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    I stand by my statement.
    I don’t see an inner lock but even if you are correct there’s only glass between him and them. Hardly going to contain anyone. They had very little if any practice with their firearm. Their procedure for hiding was a joke. Their choice of firearms is questionable. This is a 100% video of what not to do and only by luck did this work out for them. Luck should never be part of your tactical game plan. Again I’m really happy it worked out but everyone in their family should ask the question what the fvck were you thinking Starting a gun fight that you are seriously unprepared for over a few dollars.

They typically put them on the top of the door on the lock side. The door itself has a a rectangular metal plate and the lock is on the jamb https://www.sdcsecurity.com/magnetic-locks.htm

It is easy to see what went wrong after the fact. There are no firearms that are 100% effective. Luck always plays a role in every situation. Good planning tends to minimize the role of luck, but it certainly will never eliminate it.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I wish the perp was like the other perp dying in the vestibule vid

Turnstile. The donk shot in the neck spraying all over the place

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    so one should not carry or have the gun based on thins in your opinion. Maybe I did not read between the lines well enough.

I'm not Esectu , nor read his mind , but here goes :

If you're going to carry , then CARRY , under the counter is problematic .

Once you've survived Round One of a gunfight , and BG is beating feet in opposite direction , don't restart the gunfight unless you have a strong reason you need to .

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I'm not Esectu , nor read his mind , but here goes :

If you're going to carry , then CARRY , under the counter is problematic .

Once you've survived Round One of a gunfight , and BG is beating feet in opposite direction , don't restart the gunfight unless you have a strong reason you need to .
    I agree but that is not what he said. He regurgitated a typical anti gin trope that you are more likely to be killed or injured by your own gun in someone else's hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom