• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    welcome back. Now get back to posting some of your excellent sharp things you make.

the Javid

Part time baby killer
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bowie
    Ok I'm new to the ak world, so don't get mad. What is a trigger plate? What does it do? What advantage does the AK gain from using your trigger plate? And will it fit in a tantal chambered in 5.45x39mm?

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Ive been working on a few knives...just havent finished any...hell, i still havent finished that monster dagger lol

I just got off work, ill be making some plates here shortly and a video showing the install and setup, that should clear up some questions

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    i should get three done today...finished one and made a video of how to set it up...

heres how to install it:

how to set it up:

edit: only getting two done today...the first two will go to aquaman and rob-cubed...the ones after that will go to bigcity and bigdtc.

ill probably only make another 2 after that, total of 6, so if you want one, speak up lol.

Last edited:

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    so i def missed something Nemesis is the only reason I stayed around here on this site when everyone else jumped down my throat when i posted when i first joined. Thanks again and glad you are back. havent been on due to a internship in south africa so idk what happen but glad they didnt get 2 under your skil

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    So I got my trigger plate yesterday (thanks Nemesis)! The videos make it pretty obvious how it works, but it's basically a grip plate with ears that engage the bottom of the trigger and take creep out. I already installed it in my WASR-22 but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. It removed nearly all the slack in the pull with no other impact on how the FCG feels or operates. That gun has probably the worst pull of all my AKs even with a G2 in place. Lots of creep, which is now gone. With the plate in place, pulling the trigger immediately starts engaging the sear.

Really interesting idea and I'm looking forward to putting some rounds downrange and see how it holds up.

Bigdtc

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 6, 2007
    South Carolina
    Nemesis, I received the trigger plate.. Thanks!
    Problem is, the metal block that is tapped for the grip screw on the Yugo model is riveted onto the receiver bottom, so the plate will not go on flat because the rivet heads protrude in that space..
    I'll mail it back to you if you want OR, send me the next person's addy and I'll mail it to them directly. Good idea, though..

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Nemesis, I received the trigger plate.. Thanks!
    Problem is, the metal block that is tapped for the grip screw on the Yugo model is riveted onto the receiver bottom, so the plate will not go on flat because the rivet heads protrude in that space..
    I'll mail it back to you if you want OR, send me the next person's addy and I'll mail it to them directly. Good idea, though..

Well damn, that sucks. Mind snapping a pic of the reciever so i know exactly what it looks like? Also...i havent tried it yet, but there may be another way to inatall it...ill pm you

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Im back in the work shop...trying to get them all done today...sorry for the delay, works been busy and its hard to find the time to make these things (each one takes about 1.5hrs to make, 1+ hours of that is the hand filing lol)

Edit...looks like i only have time for one today...damnit lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom