• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Anyone interested in splitting a case of 1000 rounds of TulAmmo in 7.62x39? I don't really need that many rounds, but can get a case for about $250 (maybe less), plus VA tax. Whatever the actual cost is what we'll split. It should work out to about the same cost as ordering online and paying shipping.

I haven't used TulAmmo in this caliber before, but what I've used for other guns worked fine, and it's non-corrosive. You can get this cheaper in corrosive surplus, but most of the usual suppliers of surplus ammo seem to be out right now.

Please don't respond unless you are certain that you have cash ready and are able to commit ... and are old enough to be buying this. I can meet up near the Nice (301) Bridge, if anyone's interested.

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    best i can tell it is the same as the wolf and brown bear laquered ammo

the tula and most of the newer wolf is poly coated instead. I've never had a problem with anything in my saiga

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

I haven't been able to watch that link yet, so if I happen to be saying the same thing in that video, this is why.

Some of the earlier imported (like KSAP had corrosive primers. Apparently, it's only lots P18 and P24 that are corrosive. Wolf (the importer) took that ammo back for refund or exchange. I bought a case of KSAP back in September. I don't remember the lot number, but it wasn't a suspect one. I haven't shot any yet because I'm trying to get rid of all of my Tulammo first. Tulammo doesn't have lacquered cases, so the cases slowly rust.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127392

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    The newer TulAmmo supposedly has a polymer coating to prevent that.

Yeah, but in my experience, it's still pretty terrible at preventing rust. My ammo was gray when I got it in September, but now the stuff outside the boxes (so I can load it onto SKS clips) has little red specs. I have read of others having way worse rust from various storage conditions.

I'd prefer lacquer, even though I go through my ammo quickly enough for the rust not to build up too much.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Understood. Military ammo boxes with a dessicant pack work very well for this sort of problem. Some folks who have rifles with tight-tolerance chambers have issues with the lacquer heating up and sticking. Recently had a guy with a M-N over on the C&R board who had this problem. (The chamber, itself, was cleaned properly.)

NIK

Jul 31, 2012
    MD
    I'd be interested but have some pretty big bills coming up. Soon as the deluge stops I'll definitely by in.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    that same site has regular wolf for just $209, thats like $40 less than you were looking at, and you dont have to buy 1000 rounds, you can get 200 for $49 or 500 for $116.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Thanks, guys. I've decided to go ahead and get PRVI Partisan at a higher price, and a lower amount, just so I can get brass that I can reload. I'm going to see if anyone at Fredericksburg has any this weekend for a competitive price. If not, I'll probably order from AIM.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Thanks, guys. I've decided to go ahead and get PRVI Partisan at a higher price, and a lower amount, just so I can get brass that I can reload. I'm going to see if anyone at Fredericksburg has any this weekend for a competitive price. If not, I'll probably order from AIM.

I've had a couple thousand rounds of Wolf stored in ammo cans for years now and no rust or corrosion issues...

Anyway, here's the deal you've been looking for, I shoot this at indoor ranges that don't allow steel and it works great, just clean properly and you're fine.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/ammo-mags-more/ammunition/military-7-62x39-m67-ammo.html

EDIT: saw the ammo is out of stock

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012

doofoo

Dec 28, 2009
    I'm interested in getting 1000rnds of 7.62x39, 7.62x54R and .380 AUTO rounds if anyone wants to get together and do a larger purchase and save on some shipping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom