• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    Same as a illegal "Poll Tax" for voting. A poll tax would discourage the low income from voting so it was deemed discriminatory. The same would be for the ammo tax, it would be discriminatory against the low income for practicing their 2A rights. It is also illegal to be forced to pay for a right, have to remember where it is stated.

We have the right to bear arms...says nothing about ammo.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Thankfully, previous jurisprudence has not looked kindly on this line of thought.

In any event, it's becoming rapidly clear that whatever nutty laws Maryland passes are going to turn into a whopper of a test case. We may get a few years of relief simply from injunctions...

WoJ

Aug 1, 2012
    Adams County, PA
    Look up the Merriam-Webster definition of 'arms':

arms - noun
    Weapons and ammunition; armaments: "they were subjugated by force of arms".

We most certainly do have the right to keep and bear ammunition as well as firearms.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    The dems are idiots. there is a black market for guns already for the criminals, what would stop that from happening with ammo? buy in Va and smuggle into Md to the criminals, then all the law abiding folks pay the tax or travel to Va or Pa.

Just like speeding tickets and lottery help the schools right? they'll just steal the funds that was going to mental healthcare and move it somewhere else? what to pay off the some special interest group?

marylandondeck

Oct 26, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I am going to start a petition on whitehouse.gov or wherever the site is to make elected officials include statics as well as reasoning behind all proposed legislature in an attempt to reform the process and eliminate personal agendas in order to obtain press time and other personal bennifits. This process is so redicilious and its our tax money at work. Hell, if Alex jones can get 45k to deport morgan, I feel like this would get a million. I would like to know how a 50% increase tax on ammo would solve mass shootings? The last time I checked, suciadal lunatics could give a shit about blowing 150 bucks since they are either going to be dead or spend the rest of their lives in prison. This is grandstanding in order to fuel ones political career by appealing to the misinformed public and resolving nothing. I really wish some pro 2A guys other that Jessie Ventura or uncle teddy would get online and stop being babies over this. Get these left wing lunatics like MOM on CNN, where the rest can see them, and slaughter them verbally while providing FBI statics on screen as well as asking the hard questions such as, "when this fails, will the democrats admit that they are wrong and yield to common science"? I'd also like to MOM what statically evidence was utilized to come to the conclusion that "assault rifles" are a large problem in maryland considering that rifles accounted for 2 death in 2011, as well as how he sleeps at night knowing he's full of shit and is doing nothing more than capitalizing on tragic events for his own personal agenda.

i'll sign it.

justjcarr

Nov 19, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    So Mr. Cardin wants to penalize responsible gun owners for practicing? A 50% tax won't stop someone from buying a hundred rounds for a massacre, it will stop everyone else from practicing consistently and being more efficient in the use of their defense weapon.

That's what I'm getting out of this... either that or he's just another mindless asshat.

Who knows...

marylandondeck

Oct 26, 2012
    Baltimore County
    So I decided to create the petition and will post the link tomorrow am. Hopefully people will buy into it as we do not have the publicity as Alex jones

i'll blast it all over social media , put it on any other forums i frequent , make sure you go over the wording and all to make it as professional and concise as possible (not saying you wouldn't anyway). and consider me one of your first sigs. :party29:

aberforth

Lurker
    May 5, 2011
    Red Lion, PA
    I don't think you can "use tax" a Constitutional Right.

You'd think that given the SC dicta that "the power to tax is the power to destroy", yet somehow the Roberts court found a tax on existence (aka the tax interpretation of Obamacare) legal. If your life (not merely income) is taxable, what on earth makes you think the courts will find your 2A rights are sacrosanct?

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    its the cigarette tax all over again. A tax for one thing that goes to another with the main goal that the tax will no longer be collected because guns will leave the state en masse

Gbh

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    its the cigarette tax all over again. A tax for one thing that goes to another with the main goal that the tax will no longer be collected because guns will leave the state en masse

This ^^^^

Typical money grab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads

Top Bottom