• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    .40 S&W ain't gonna kill nobody. My best friends uncles cousins father is a navy SEAL and he only uses a 1911 in .45 ACP. One shot and they explode.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    My Glock21 , fitted with maritime cups.( 45ACP) is able to take down a school of marauding Great white sharks. Fired underwater.

My Glock 22.. on the other hand, exploded when I touched it with sweaty hands.

I really think that the 4O SW was invented by Mcgyver... and his anti-gun mindset.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    My Glock21 , fitted with maritime cups.( 45ACP) is able to take down a school of marauding Great white sharks with lasers on their heads. Fired underwater.

My Glock 22.. on the other hand, exploded when I touched it with sweaty hands.

I really think that the 4O SW was invented by Mcgyver... and his anti-gun mindset.

Subtly tweaked. ;)

BiG Bersa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    I was gonna post a new thread but this seems appropriate. I am wondering which has more penetration a 9mm or a 40. I've been starting at the wiki charts and other forums and videos give two different answers. (I'm thinking what would go through a car or wooden objects more effectively, not people.)

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I was gonna post a new thread but this seems appropriate. I am wondering which has more penetration a 9mm or a 40. I've been starting at the wiki charts and other forums and videos give two different answers. (I'm thinking what would go through a car or wooden objects more effectively, not people.)

Just curious, why are you concerned specifically with cars & wooden objects?

BiG Bersa

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Just curious, why are you concerned specifically with cars & wooden objects?

because the charts on wiki are ballistic gel mimics human and animal tissue and some article said if you plan on shooting through a metal choose
    1. 357
    2. 40
    3. 9mm
    ( he was comparing just the 3)

I don't think ill ever have to shoot a car or a wooden object I don't know everything about bullet penetration and just listed two materials thicker than dry wall. Still, I'm guessing its the 9 which has more penetration but I'd like to be "schooled" on the subject.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    because the charts on wiki are ballistic gel mimics human and animal tissue and some article said if you plan on shooting through a metal choose
    1. 357
    2. 40
    3. 9mm
    ( he was comparing just the 3)

I don't think ill ever have to shoot a car or a wooden object I don't know everything about bullet penetration and just listed two materials thicker than dry wall. Still, I'm guessing its the 9 which has more penetration but I'd like to be "schooled" on the subject.

It's a complicated and often opinion filled subject to be sure and the variables go way beyond strictly caliber. You'll see a ton of opinions, arguments, etc... and IMO, what it all boils down to in the long run is that there simply is no magic round that can overcome all possible variables. Best bet is probably to find what you shoot well and are most accurate with because even a ballistic missile is useless if it doesn't hit the target.

In my non-scientific, ballistic ignorant, scientific wild ass guess, I'd choose the .357 of the 3 listed. :D

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    .40 S&W ain't gonna kill nobody. My best friends uncles cousins father is a navy SEAL and he only uses a 1911 in .45 ACP. One shot and they explode.

W/O mentioning any names, the owner of an IP did kill someone with a .40 several years ago.
    Another 4th party anecdotal story about the famed .45.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Researching 10mm ammo, it seems most commercial ammo is loaded no hotter than .40. It is out there but is not the majority of what is for sale. And damn, is the good stuff expensive!

Last edited:

Atec

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    Maryland
    Researching 10mm ammo, it seems most commercial ammo is loaded no hotter than .40. It is out there but is not the majority of what is for sale.

You just jealous because you dont own a 10mm ! Come on over and we can compare my sr40 and sf20. Then let me know what you think ;)

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    You just jealous because you dont own a 10mm ! Come on over and we can compare my sr40 and sf20. Then let me know what you think ;)

Trouble maker:lol2: I'll take you up on that offer. What brand are those models? Now I have to do some research. Did you ever sell that peachy high polished CZ? How's that SR 1911 treating you, or are you just still in the admiration stage?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom