• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    As I posted elsewhere before reading of this, yesterday was just the final round for Box One.

Now we identify and assemble the planks needed to build Box Two, and capitalize on the many successes we had throughout the session.

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    As I posted elsewhere before reading of this, yesterday was just the final round for Box One.

Now we identify and assemble the planks needed to build Box Two, and capitalize on the many successes we had throughout the session.

EXACTLY! We may have lost that battle but the war is far from over and IMO, just beginning.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Like I've said before, consider me an MSI footsoldier awaiting my marching orders. I used to want to leave this state as soon as possible. In fact, if you look at my very first post on this forum I said that the outcome of the Woollard decision was probably going to be the deciding factor in whether or not I stay. But now I'm committed. Maryland is my home dammit, and these bastards have no right to take it from me. I'm with Bongino- Maryland is worth fighting for.

dbow

Apr 2, 2013
    Count me in, I will continue to work and fight for our rights to the best of my ability. I believe in the elected government responsible to the will of the people.

However i have to say, our History paints a different future.

Them vs. Us.

They want to govern us without representation. SB281 is a true example of that. We did everything the right way, the proper way, and still were denied our rights. They did not represent the will of the people of MD.

They took their beliefs and forced them upon us. We don't want to be governed by them because they, like our president, do not believe in America. These two forces will never align.

I guess the real question is, what's next? When and how are They going to force what they want on us, and will we stand for our freedoms, or back down?

If i say that i believe that our current process of protecting our rights has worked, I'd be lying.

Why do you think that more of the same will work for our future? In the end, it did not work.

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    I will continue to do whatever I can. I have started by telling people in blue areas to be registered as a D. I think that is an important first step since many people my age (30) can easily be swayed since they dont pay enough attention.

"Hey Chris, who you voting for? oh you dont know? Well vote for this guy cause that guys is a liar. Dont you want to make a statement with your vote?"

dan

Jun 14, 2012
    Calvert
    I respect those who are going to stay and fight, but as far as I'm concerned this is a losing battle, MD was already one of the least free states in the union before this legislation. We are naive to think that this is the end of gun control measures. As soon as the next tragedy happens these representatives will a seek a more draconian act, and they will have the same support from their constituents as before. While we are vocal we are a minority, and a minority which is unwilling to resist the destruction of liberty with force so long as it dies slowly. The statists know this, and we should be truthful with ourselves about it.
    While I respect those who are willing to continue to wage this guerrilla war of sorts I intend to leave, and seek a battlefield where I can win the fight.

highfructosecornsyrup

Apr 2, 2012
    baltimore city
    I respect those who are going to stay and fight, but as far as I'm concerned this is a losing battle, MD was already one of the least free states in the union before this legislation. We are naive to think that this is the end of gun control measures. As soon as the next tragedy happens these representatives will a seek a more draconian act, and they will have the same support from their constituents as before. While we are vocal we are a minority, and a minority which is unwilling to resist the destruction of liberty with force so long as it dies slowly. The statists know this, and we should be truthful with ourselves about it.
    While I respect those who are willing to continue to wage this guerrilla war of sorts I intend to leave, and seek a battlefield where I can win the fight.

I think that is in all of our minds, but if you do happen to still be here next year, I hope you will still be a part of this fight in one way or another...

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    I will do everything I can to win this war while I live in MD, but I am leaving this state as soon as my son is done with school. That's 8 years away and I'm already counting down the days.

Muck Faryland.

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    This is a sobering day. After watching and being involved in the fight and seeing the travesty of MD gov't in action, I honestly do not know 'if' there is any worthwhile recourse...

Sobering...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom