• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Patrick said it best, and I've not found any way to say it better.

THIS IS DAY ONE.

They think they've won. They're celebrating their hollow victory.

I say let them.

We're just getting started.

At this point, we shift our focus from beating this legislation to the upcoming court battles and the 2014 elections. The judicial effort should be largely beyond our ability to assist, but the elections are absolutely ours to influence.

Senator Brochin voted FOR the final version of the bill after missing the first part of the session for a lacrosse game. He lied to us all. That vote will cost him dearly in 2014. There are others for certain who we also need to campaign against, either via going after their donors or primary opponents.

Don't lose faith. We'll need all of the energy and passion that we've seen over the past weeks in the months to follow on the campaign trail. We can and will make a difference in Annapolis.

We will be heard.

This is day one.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Patrick said it best, and I've not found any way to say it better.

THIS IS DAY ONE.

They think they've won. They're celebrating their hollow victory.

I say let them.

We're just getting started.

At this point, we shift our focus from beating this legislation to the upcoming court battles and the 2014 elections. The judicial effort should be largely beyond our ability to assist, but the elections are absolutely ours to influence.

Senator Brochin voted FOR the final version of the bill after missing the first part of the session for a lacrosse game. He lied to us all. That vote will cost him dearly in 2014. There are others for certain who we also need to campaign against, either via going after their donors or primary opponents.

Don't lose faith. We'll need all of the energy and passion that we've seen over the past weeks in the months to follow on the campaign trail. We can and will make a difference in Annapolis.

We will be heard.

This is day one.

And how is Patrick? Is he on the mend? .....

bmelton

Jan 23, 2013
    He is hale and whole, but I think he's still nursing some of his family back to 100%.

I've had what he has, and good lord, it's like the Spanish Flu.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    the last 2 months we have been pleading for our rights.

the tables turn april 9th.

they begin campaigning and pleading for their jobs. they come home to their businesses and offices. we get to stare them in the eye in our home turf. I'm looking forward to the first public events.

HKB

Ultimate Member
    Apr 14, 2007
    Finksburg, MD
    Suit up fellows...it is time to show them who works for who, and who does the hiring and firing. It's going to be an uphill battle but I think the numbers are on our side.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The next year or so is going to be an interesting time. We have to convince the democrats (who outnumber republicans in this state 2-1) that their elected officials are stabbing them in the back. We've got to make the average voter see. I know that we have resolved to fight this at the polls, but we've got to come up with a cohesive strategy to hang this around their neck in such a way that we get democrats to eat their own, and let's call this for what it was - this was a partisan attack on our rights - were there any republicans who voted for this abomination? If so, there couldn't have been more than one or two.

As gun owners we are passionate about this - we understand more than the average person what the Bill of Rights means, so we understand that when they start hacking away at our enumerated rights that it's an attack on Freedom in general, and then nothing is sacred - if they can take this one from us, what's next? Unfortunately though, we are only thousands among millions, and it's those millions we need to work on. For that, it has to be bigger, and it has to be well organized.

I'm in though - we need to get these dirt-bags out of office.

Winebike

May 11, 2009
    We really, really need to get our message out to the voters via political ads on TV, radio, and newspaper. Everything in the media the past few months was totally biased against law abiding, gun owners and the Second Amendment. Legislators could ignore our emails and presence in Annapolis because all the main stream media was virtually 100% supportive of anti-gun legislation whether it would reduce crime or not.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    We really, really need to get our message out to the voters via political ads on TV, radio, and newspaper. Everything in the media the past few months was totally biased against law abiding, gun owners and the Second Amendment. Legislators could ignore our emails and presence in Annapolis because all the main stream media was virtually 100% supportive of anti-gun legislation whether it would reduce crime or not.

This session, MSI started getting involved with various media outlets. While I'm not an Exec/Board member so I can't speak for them, it's my understanding that they're looking to continue and expand this in the future.

We've been mobilized. Now we need to get our message out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom