• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sourbeer

Jul 26, 2012
    montana
    not likely

security was pulling people out last night for clapping or applauding in any manner.

i'm not sure what the answer is, we have been a polite group for the most part. We have represented ourselves professionally. I don't agree with the antics of drawing attention and am relatively certain that it would draw the wrong media attention to our cause. They are looking for the opportunity to show us in that light. The biased media is not going to do us any favors.

Our best efforts for defeating this legislation, and for continuing the fight is through the social media - forums like this one, facebook, twitter, email, etc. It is working, we are making progress in getting people informed appropriately with the correct information. The voting population consists of a lot of younger voters, less than 30, that we will have to inform and educate. We will be required to get those votes, and they have quite possibly have left leaning tendencies on a number of issues. we need to continue our efforts and double down for 2014 to get enough seats changed to make a difference. A lot of new faces are arriving at the show, the word is spreading and we are growing in numbers. We must not be exclusive, we must be relevant to more voters, we must capture the hunters (not alienate them by calling them Fudds), and we must expand our support network beyond active/current gun owners. It is obvious to me in my encounters with folks that are anti-gun, that they are afraid of guns and do not see the value. This is their perception, and it is real for them. People are afraid of things that they don't understand. We don't teach gun safety in schools any longer and have not done so for many years. There is little chance to have the chance to experience guns unless a parent does so.

I'm certainly disappointed with how things have went. I've been to Annapolis 3 times this session, and never before this year. I am learning, and am bringing others with me for their first time. I live less than 2 miles from the PA line, and am tempted to pull up and move. I have called MD my home for my entire life, and really want to keep my family here. 2014 has to be real, we need "hope and change" and not what we have experienced from the White House.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    yesterday they repeatedly said they were accepting amendments. According to the WAPO article the gun grabbers are trying to decide if they have gotten enough or will take more (no hope for weakening, sorry).

At this point, i say let em. Just more fodder for the eventual litigation.

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    Who believes that we will have the next 8-16 months of crime rising statistics to prove the gun-grabbing scheme is a failure?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Who believes that we will have the next 8-16 months of crime rising statistics to prove the gun-grabbing scheme is a failure?

They'll probably change how crimes are recorded again to make it look good in their favor. Remember when murders were changed to be 1 murder incident even if 5 people were all murdered at the same time, or how hispanics are recorded as "white"?

buzzsaw

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2013
    Hagerstown
    how hispanics are recorded as "white"?

when the hell did this begin?!?

But I'm hoping (probably against hope) that the stats arent manipulated. Who am I kidding though... I assume the majority of these things happen in Balti/MoCo/PG where the police chiefs are already in Marty's pocket.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Someone proposed rotating friendlies and having them stand up and sing maryland my maryland 4-5 people at a time.

Get booted.

Repeat.

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    Can they amend during 3rd reading?

If they can, this is a bad idea.

If they can't, I am behind my Delegate 100% if she decides to do it.

Have to also remember that it won't be the only bill during the hearing.

DONT WALK OUT, THIS IS TRUE AMENDMENTS CAN BE SUBMITTED AND RESUBMITTED ON THE THIRD READER. WALKING OUT EQUALS GIVING UP AND WE CANNOT DO THAT!!! MOLON LABE

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown

Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I think we should all hold up 2014 signs and sing, "nananana nananana, hey hey hey, gooooodbyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeee", nice and loud for them from the gallery.

That will piss off the "Bitch" and she will have you thrown out of the gallery. I know cause me calling them liars and cowards last night got me thrown out. The guy who did it said it was her that complained.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    DONT WALK OUT, THIS IS TRUE AMENDMENTS CAN BE SUBMITTED AND RESUBMITTED ON THE THIRD READER. WALKING OUT EQUALS GIVING UP AND WE CANNOT DO THAT!!! MOLON LABE

Fight it to the end. Then there's no way the other side can think that we just rolled over. We need to show them we are serious so they remember come election time.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Just now, I just taked one Delegate's office and they're not sure the 3rd Reading is going to be scheduled for today (Wed.), at least, there is no notice of it so far that they have received.

tjv4163

Jun 27, 2012
    21234 city side
    You want to send a message: Register to run against them in the 2014 primary!

Ive posted on here about running in the 43rd district and the funny thing is as much as everyone talks tough no one wants to help...

Im 90% positive Im going to do it, still talking to the wife about it.

So if you live in the 43rd and want to help or you may be able to help.. PM me
    Basically stop bitching unless your gonna do something to help stop it!

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    security was pulling people out last night for clapping or applauding in any manner.

i'm not sure what the answer is, we have been a polite group for the most part. We have represented ourselves professionally. I don't agree with the antics of drawing attention and am relatively certain that it would draw the wrong media attention to our cause. They are looking for the opportunity to show us in that light. The biased media is not going to do us any favors.

Our best efforts for defeating this legislation, and for continuing the fight is through the social media - forums like this one, facebook, twitter, email, etc. It is working, we are making progress in getting people informed appropriately with the correct information. The voting population consists of a lot of younger voters, less than 30, that we will have to inform and educate. We will be required to get those votes, and they have quite possibly have left leaning tendencies on a number of issues. we need to continue our efforts and double down for 2014 to get enough seats changed to make a difference. A lot of new faces are arriving at the show, the word is spreading and we are growing in numbers. We must not be exclusive, we must be relevant to more voters, we must capture the hunters (not alienate them by calling them Fudds), and we must expand our support network beyond active/current gun owners. It is obvious to me in my encounters with folks that are anti-gun, that they are afraid of guns and do not see the value. This is their perception, and it is real for them. People are afraid of things that they don't understand. We don't teach gun safety in schools any longer and have not done so for many years. There is little chance to have the chance to experience guns unless a parent does so.

I'm certainly disappointed with how things have went. I've been to Annapolis 3 times this session, and never before this year. I am learning, and am bringing others with me for their first time. I live less than 2 miles from the PA line, and am tempted to pull up and move. I have called MD my home for my entire life, and really want to keep my family here. 2014 has to be real, we need "hope and change" and not what we have experienced from the White House.

The answer is DONOR LISTS what matters to these people is relection and money time to threaten both

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Please encourage legislators to walk out as soon as SB281 is opened for the 3rd reading. It is obvious that this garbage will pass. Let it pass without those who oppose it in order to send the real message to the governor, the people of Maryland, and the United States.

Not a good idea . ( amendments still possible and other reasons)Let guys and gals on the floor know what they are doing. Let command decisions be made on the ground. If the time to walk out is come, if at all they will know..

Trust the team on the ground.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Ive posted on here about running in the 43rd district and the funny thing is as much as everyone talks tough no one wants to help...

Im 90% positive Im going to do it, still talking to the wife about it.

So if you live in the 43rd and want to help or you may be able to help.. PM me
    Basically stop bitching unless your gonna do something to help stop it!

Hold on .. we are a bit busy right now. I am sure there is time to organise before the election.. right now there is a fight, and then a court fight and then the donor list...

Then education and strategy sessions and then primary season.

I may a left out a lot of stuff...;)

There will be support building... just hold onto you motivation ...

Shutterbug

Have camera, will travel!
    Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    You want to send a message: Register to run against them in the 2014 primary!

I debated this, except my brothers are an embarrassment and I wouldn't be able to get out of the starting gate. Although, my brothers are the demographic that the dems love as constituents. Anyone want to donate to the campaign of a half Thai/black father of three? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom