• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Beemerguy

Oct 6, 2012
    Hope you haven't gone a bridge too far. Dumais comes from an uber liberal district and is supported and well financed by uber wealthy liberal democrats. Don't waste your time, energy, or money. Focus on places where it will have an impact. Even then, those who are in strong districts elsewhere will contribute or divert contributions to those who aren't.

The battles will be fought in more marginal areas, marginal reps, and probably more importantly, in the courts. Hopefully before Scalia, et al retire.

With respect, I think you're not seeing the big picture here.

It's a given that whoever comes from that district will be a leftie...but if we can replace Dumais, even if it's with another left-wing Democrat, the lesson will have been taught that there is a political price to pay for voting to abridge our rights.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    If you want to defeat the people in ultra-lib districts, you need to play up the fact that their delegates didn't support restrictions to actually cut down on crime. Don't say "So and so is against the Second Amendment and for banning guns." That won't be convincing to a lib. Say "So and so voted against cracking down on criminals who have committed gun crimes by voting against X and X amendment."

Beemerguy

Oct 6, 2012
    Remember anyone who voted against the pro-2a amendments might as well have voted FOR the bill. Don't let them pull the wool over your eyes!

My delegate Mary-Dulany James voted Nay on the bill but votes with the antis on all the amendments. I will do whatever possible to get her voted out in the next election.

She is anti-gun, and has been since she was first elected. I'm glad to see her attempted subterfuge didn't work on you.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    If your delegates voted nay, please contact and thank them for defending our rights.
    I'm thankful for Weir and Olszewski's opposition to this bill.

rcpd34

Peoples Republic Maryland
    Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    If you want to defeat the people in ultra-lib districts, you need to play up the fact that their delegates didn't support restrictions to actually cut down on crime. Don't say "So and so is against the Second Amendment and for banning guns." That won't be convincing to a lib. Say "So and so voted against cracking down on criminals who have committed gun crimes by voting against X and X amendment."

Good point. I live and work in Rockville and very close to her office. She is an attorney here. It is very likely I will cross paths with her. Can anyone advise exactly what all the MoCo dems voted for and against? Especially the ammendments? I would love to hear an explanation why off duty police cannot carry their guns on school property. If someone, not outspoken on progun arguments, were to run on the dem ticket against her they may prevail.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Again, just because they voted Nay, that does not necessarily mean they are 2a supporters...
    These are amendment votes yesterday. Anyone with red next to their name needs to be removed from office.
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/amds/bil_0001/sb0281_12342201.pdf
    1.jpg
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/amds/bil_0001/sb0281_28372102.pdf
    the below amendment made it an automatic felony to carry in violation of md law. It's tough on criminals, but also means you're boned if you're driving with your nonres gun and lose track of where the md border is.
    5.jpg
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2013RS/amds/bil_0001/sb0281_86342301.pdf
    2.jpg

Last edited:

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    These are amendment votes yesterday. Anyone with red next to their name needs to be removed from office.
    View attachment 81459

View attachment 81460

View attachment 81461

Smokey,
    There were many more amendments than that, right? I'm trying to find (will check the MDGA web site) a record of all amendments and the votes for them. For me, I'm looking to flog Bohanan. He promised to vote against SB281, which he did, but according to your pictures it shows him voting against the good amendments too. That is unacceptable and I plan to gather those facts and publicly call him out on it via our local rag.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Klunatic, YOU ROCK! Wish I had known that was coming up, I would have gone with you. I think I may have rolled into the House bldg just after this, or during, as I nearly stumbled into Mao O'Malley as he was walking away from her office. I must have really looked angry, as one of his detail gave me a double take as they walked by.

Nice to meet you today, BTW. Excellent work on Dumais, I hope the C U N T has nightmares for days.

Good to meet you as well. May see you again next when the Senate takes up the bill and amendments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom