• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Many thanks to Mike and family for hosting this great event! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good chance to see some old (and new) friends again, and to pig out on a terrific buffet. :party29:

Is it too early to sign p for next year? :innocent0

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Another big thank you to Mike. Best part of my time was being able to work with a new shooter. Mike loaned him a glock and then I let him shoot my 1911 and AR. He had a big smile on his face as we were walking out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    It was nice having Chad there too in Chad Force One. He was busy the entire time i was there checking out AR's. Plus we got to see his cool toys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      130.2 KB · Views: 195

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Yeah mike that was a great time!!! I finally got to meet Jeff which was awesome and ZZZZZ and Fidelity and I were basically just passing around guns.

Now I gotta avoid bourbon for 2 months or I'll buy a PCR!!!!

Fidelity has some freaking awesome toys!

Plus I watched chad go over like 5 people's ARs how freaking cool was that!

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Awesome day!

I got to shoot some extremely cool stuff! Too many to list but what stood-out was the Sig P226 Legion. I am in love with that thing. There is no hype to the Legion. It's the real deal. One of the best triggers and best feeling service pistols I've ever shot - crazy accurate! Thanks to Fidelity for letting me shoot it!

The other one I really enjoyed was mpdc4511's Colt Trooper MK III. Boy did it bring back some good memories. It had been so long since I shot a wheel gun, I almost forgot how to grip one. Thanks!!!

It was also an honor to meet DA, RD, Rack, Gryphon, Clandestine, Blaster229, DC-W and everyone else who showed-up and socialized. What a great group of people we have on MDS! Damn! Are they the best or what? I'm really looking forward to the next meet-up!

But most of all, I want to thank Mike (boundlessdyad) and Abby for all their time and effort to put the Dottrio Event together. I can't wait to do it again!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    A thousand thanks to Mike, Abbey, Huxley, and the Boss, Penelope. :D

Had a great time. I think my dad had a better time. Heritage was, interesting. Thanks to Rack, DA, and outrider for the trigger time. It's a great memory and coming back home was totally worth it :party29:

ARMatt

Apr 12, 2016
    NAS Pax River
    Although I'm driving home with 300+ rounds of steel core ammo I had fun today !
    Thank you Mike and your family for hosting us I'll see y'all same time next year !

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Oh and fidelity my 9mm AR cycled just fine at home. I might just be an idiot, I'm pretty sure that's a known fact though

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    Many many thanks to Mike, family, and every one else who contributed to this top shelf event. It was nice meeting fellow MDS members but I missed so many too.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    a8d3469d45d73831ba890541b2bdfe6f.jpg
    22dba74ea0a8e450e3a56b41566e4fbe.jpg
    6404ef13e03177dda8bf6149530415c4.jpg
    282cd7c0f53cb35373951a5231c32e2e.jpg
    44b4c027233f3193113383010d80a0c5.jpg
    a56aa0630bce37a7b955c40d16abaf17.jpg
    36db633b08f2393c82a2050bfba849a5.jpg

Thank you guys and gals for coming. What a blast...

Penelope loves protegeV and thinks he flew all the way in from Texas just for her. Huxley really took to Rack&Roll as you can see.

Extra special thanks to Chad and Irv for setting up SOTAR mobile.

The food was great, thanks to my beautiful wife for hooking up the catering and the hate chicken.

P.S. Stoveman might have me in the market for a suppressor

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    What a great day. I know many coming from a distance confronted traffic problems, so glad you made the effort.

First off, no surprise, Dottrio throws a first class event. The check-in room, food throughout the day in this main socializing space, mag loading room, and exclusive 12 lanes throughout the day - I felt spoiled. What a gift to the MDS community. All supported by the constant attention and help of Mike and Abby (such a great team), Penelope (pulling winning ticket numbers), and Huxley (charging around the check-in room).

In addition, Clandestine brought SOTAR for its first on the road event with Chad Force One in Frederick. He was joined by Victor and was another center of activity during the day. Always great seeing Clandestine. Wish he could have joined us for some trigger time, but understandable he needed to keep watch on things when he opened CFO up. Pretty amazing how much he fits in there.

Met so many people today. Some of old friends off the forum now, and some I met for the first time in person, which was great. Somewhat chronologically, fiveloaves, ground chuck, ironpony, Shafted, DBlas, 501st, Mike, Zzzzz_man, MPDC4511, Rack&Roll, Swinokur, Gryphon, DC-W, Stoveman, DA, Outrider, PsychoSteve, Protege, Blaster, Shipperke, Teratos, and more (and I don't want to use real names if I don't remember MDS aliases, other than for folks who publicly shared this info on the forum in the past). Things really started getting busy in the afternoon. I'm guessing there are MDSers I wanted to meet that I missed out because I was running out or too shy to introduce myself at times. I wouldn't have met Protege if DA didn't introduce him.

I had a blast shooting the guns of those who shared today. Firearms that stood out were Zzzzz_man's PCR (which shoots like a big gun, so smooth and easy to hit where one's aiming), MPDC's Beretta "space" gun and Colt Detective revolver (this was an honor - really appreciated it - on my list of something to eventually shoot -such a sweet gun), and Outrider's suppressed 300 BLK AR (wow, wow, wow ... truly pew, pew, pew).

What a fun day. Too bad it had to end. Look forward to the next get-together.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Awesome event. Wish I could have stayed longer. Daughter was not feeling well so she rushed me out. Good to see everyone. Wish I would have gotten to talk to more people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom