• No, I've received my permit with G&S

Votes: 1 1.5%
    • No, I've received my permit without G&S

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

tomh

Jul 21, 2008
    Me too

Like the others here, I received the letter.

I am contemplating responding with "reasons" for G&S - but unfortunately none the MSP will view as legitimate by their draconian method of calculation.

Is there any downside to "fighting" this with requesting consideration under G&S?

Furthermore, I feel like putting it "on the record" that I believe the Legg decision will be upheld by the Supreme Court, and would state so in my response to MSP.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Finally got the letter today.

It appears to take the same amount of time to send a letter to WV as it does to southern MD. :toothless

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I've received a 30 days to denial letter; my app was submitted post decision/pre stay.

Everyone should resubmit with whatever they can come up with for G&S. Make Maryland work for the denial. And request a hearing after we are denied. Don't go away quietly, acting like the peasants they take us for.

CZ75

Apr 15, 2013
    Pasadena
    G&S

Suggest you read how Judge Legg addressed the "Good and Substantial" in his March 2012 finding. Here's the link for those inclined to read it:
    Here's the section of note found on page 16, extracted for those not:

"The Secretary has identified four general categories of good and substantial reason to carry a handgun in public: (1) business activities that involve heightened risk, such as the need to carry cash or other street valued commodities, (2) participation in regulated professions, such as security guards or armored car personnel, (3) participation in assumed risk professions that involve the ability to restrict or take away civil liberties, such as judges, prosecutors, police officers, public defenders, and correctional officers, and (4) personal protection.
    Decl. of Sgt.Michael Jones, Maryland State Police Licensing Division Supervisor, Defs.‘ Mot. Summ. J. Ex.3,at 8

12.Applicants claiming to fit within each category are required to submit specific supporting documentation. "

Still a very narrow view of Good and Substantial that applies to the general populace.

hogrider

Jan 23, 2013
    65/365 = 17% so far

This must be the "no way in hell" group

Probably because original G&S was "Self Protection?"

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Just submit what YOU consider good and substantial. The results will be no worse than if you do nothing.

Considering their definition of G&S is "we know it when we see it". I think that leaves it pretty wide open. That is possibly one thing that needs to be addressed with MSP. What IS the LEGAL definitin of "good and substantial"? As far as I have heard, there isn't one.

DOsniper

Mar 4, 2011
    Monkton, MD
    This is BS - got mine today. They are getting a phone call tomorrow that I want my application/fee returned. They gave post-stay applicants the option, there is no way in f***ing hell they can justifiably not do the same for the pre-stay crowd.

Granted, this is MD, so them refusing to do so would not be surprising. I'm done with this ********. Guns, taxes, corruption - done and done.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    This is BS - got mine today. They are getting a phone call tomorrow that I want my application/fee returned. They gave post-stay applicants the option, there is no way in f***ing hell they can justifiably not do the same for the pre-stay crowd.

Granted, this is MD, so them refusing to do so would not be surprising. I'm done with this ********. Guns, taxes, corruption - done and done.

Stay the course, do not let your emotions get the better of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom