• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrboh138

Mar 12, 2009
    Baltimore
    Was wondering when the 30 day wait starts for buying another regulated firearm.. Does it start when you do the paperwork or when you actually go pick it up?.. I'm thinking it starts after you actually pick it up, then 30 days later you can go start the paperwork fot another one... any help would be great...

mrboh138

Mar 12, 2009
    Baltimore
    yeah thats what i thought.. so do i wait 30 days to start paperwork or go back a week before the 30 days so when I do and and pick it up the 30 days is up?.... Yes I've filed for the collector's status so it will def be nice when I don't have to worry about waiting..

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    yeah thats what i thought.. so do i wait 30 days to start paperwork or go back a week before the 30 days so when I do and and pick it up the 30 days is up?.... Yes I've filed for the collector's status so it will def be nice when I don't have to worry about waiting..

Most dealers will process your paperwork roughly a week before you hit the 30 day mark since the 7-day waiting period will take you beyond the 30 days before you take possession of it.

SVrider

Nov 22, 2008
    St.Louis
    Not to hijack here but my question is within the same realm of the OP's q. Can somebody on the verge of turning 21 (say a day or two before hand) start the process or does the buyer have to be of age at the time of doing the paper work and such?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Wait the day or two, and celebrate on your 21st with a new purchase.

Don't give the MSP a chance to "Disapprove" you. When the FFL faxes in the paperwork, the MSP could theoretically proccess the forms the day before your birthday.

SVrider

Nov 22, 2008
    St.Louis
    Wait the day or two, and celebrate on your 21st with a new purchase.

Don't give the MSP a chance to "Disapprove" you. When the FFL faxes in the paperwork, the MSP could theoretically proccess the forms the day before your birthday.

This is a good point...probably worthless to attempt to shave off some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom