• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    Appears the paperwork that needs to be faxed back to FFL is out of order. More recent paperwork is being faxed back, before last week's batch.

bmelton

Jan 23, 2013
    I just heard back a couple of days ago, and mine is not disapproved. Paperwork originally filed on 2/5. The 'one-gun-a-month' rule has been effectively changed to 'one-gun-a-quarter' now. :-\

Trunkkmonkeyy

Straight Up Gangster
    Mar 30, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Submitted paperwork on 2/9 for colt M4 and just got the call a few minutes ago today (53 days)

BTW...
    I must say Gunrunners in Frederick are hands down the most patient, friendly and understanding group of guys/FFL I have EVER had the pleasure of dealing with... just felt they deserved a shout out for what its worth.

45-70

Jan 23, 2013
    North Central MD
    The handgun I purchased back in mid-January took 35 day. I purchased a 1911 today. Dealer said I'd be lucky to gety paperwork back in 60 days.

bmelton

Jan 23, 2013
    So I just heard Dumais say (in the hearing) that if we "purchase" our guns before October 15th, but don't get the paperwork back before hand, they're still considered grandfathered in.

My question is this: Can I 'purchase' a gun and just have the paperwork delayed so that I can actually purchase one gun a month?

The reason I ask is that I can pick up a gun today that I put paperwork in for on 2/5 (which is almost 2 months delay), but I also have a purchase for 2 ARs in the Engage Armament preorder. If I were somehow able to purchase something now, I wouldn't be able to able to pick those up if they actually get delivered on May 1.

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I honestly don't think you can gauge things by submission dates as I have gotten some back a week ahead of forms that were submitted days before the group getting returned...

It seems to be all over the calendar, no logic to it at all.

Josey Wales

Aug 4, 2010
    They will not sell it any other way

Josey, I dont think you need to do NFA paperwork on an HBAR rifle (unless I'm not thinking clearly). Those are supposed to be sold SOLELY with the 4473 ATF paperwork, just the same as a simple "hunting rifle" or a shotgun.

I was told that no matter what the configuration of an AR-15 or H-Bar they will not sell it without doing the NFA? paperwork.

I argued the same point you did but they said they error on the safe side and did not want the BATFE to shut them down or question them in any way possible.

Which still leaves me hanging.....is the $1300-1400 price way too much and once I buy it will it become a boat anchor ?

If its grandfathered in then its ok at least I have it but it is risky waiting for so long only to have it blocked by the goon squad.

Is there another thread for this topic ?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I was told that no matter what the configuration of an AR-15 or H-Bar they will not sell it without doing the NFA? paperwork.

I argued the same point you did but they said they error on the safe side and did not want the BATFE to shut them down or question them in any way possible.

Which still leaves me hanging.....is the $1300-1400 price way too much and once I buy it will it become a boat anchor ?

If its grandfathered in then its ok at least I have it but it is risky waiting for so long only to have it blocked by the goon squad.

Is there another thread for this topic ?

It all depends on the gun store. Some will and some will not.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Submitted paperwork on 2/9 for colt M4 and just got the call a few minutes ago today (53 days)

BTW...
    I must say Gunrunners in Frederick are hands down the most patient, friendly and understanding group of guys/FFL I have EVER had the pleasure of dealing with... just felt they deserved a shout out for what its worth.

I hear nothing but good things about gun runners. Unlike that other Frederick gun store.

RugerRedbone

Jan 19, 2013
    Forest Hill
    4104863101 number to MSP. Ask for Rose. I called last Friday and she was helpful. I understand all who say be patient, but the way things are going in this state right now it ain't getting us very far. Might be time to make a little noise outside of Annapolis.

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    Why bother MSP? There just doing there job as best as they can. Take all that "noise" to Annapolis, TODAY!

RugerRedbone

Jan 19, 2013
    Forest Hill
    If I'm 7 weeks behind on the bridge I'm working on, I may just be doing my job but you bet I will here about the delay. I don't blame the troopers but without pressure from us they won't fix it. Just my opinion.

DubleTap

Nov 19, 2011
    Contacting the MSP certainly needs to be kept to a minimum and should not be abused, but for instance, in my case I am now at the level where I have no choice. I have paperwork faxed over on Feb 8th. I see statements in this forum that paperwork is coming back way over that date. I see other statements that some paperwork is coming back and that the week that had Feb 8th in it seems to have been skipped and not come back for others.

To make matters even worse, I contacted my FFL on Friday of last week who verified that my paperwork was sent on 02-08 and he was seeing the 12th coming back. HE then stated he would check with MSP on Monday first thing. I have heard NOTHING back from him either.

So what do I do? Wait some more? Then find out 2 more weeks from now that my paperwork is lost and that this whole ridiculous mess will have to be repeated and I need to start over?

I think one has to use common sense and decide when the time is up. If your situation is not meshing with what the average person on this forum (or others) currently waiting for their approval is experiencing, then you have every right to call or email MSP to verify that your paperwork is at least there and is waiting to be processed. To not would be just doing yourself a grave disservice.

OK, now that I have stated my opinion, what is the Email address others have used to contact MSP?
    I sent an email to the Pikesville address that is published on the internet days ago and I have also not heard back from them. I called Rose at the number above, and she is on voicemail. I would like to at least verify that I have used the proper Email.

What a frigging mess.PERIOD.:mad54:

I now step off my soapbox and thank my fellow gun owners for listening.

But stay tuned, I also have multiple Lowers pending that were sent over on Feb 22nd from the same FFL. Ask me how confident I feel about that transaction! :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom