• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    This is very difficult for me to say... I have been in excruciating pain for over 4 months and as of now, it looks like I'm going to have spinal surgery soon. I kept hoping it would get better or the surgery would have been done by now, but it just hasn't. There was the detour of a tumor in my shoulder that delayed things for over a month while that was diagnosed. Thank goodness it turned out to be benign.

Given it's tough to sit/stand for any length of time, and driving that kind of distance is out of the question, and if I actually were to go, my time would be split as 1/4 of my time in the hot tub and 3/4 of my time laying down on an ice pack on pain medication, this just doesn't make sense.

I kept looking at the rental, saying to myself once I have some resolution, I will book it... As it turns out, the place is still available - hopefully someone will pick this up and run with it.

Please accept my apologies and have a great time, take lots of pictures and post all about the good times. I'm in for next year!

I was wondering about you with your medical situation if you were really going to be able to make it. I have doubts about being able to really be ready for this myself considering my condition and S-L-O-W rate of recovery, though much faster than most in my position. I've been doing extremely well with my recovery but as time draws closer, I don't think the amount of recovery is going to be enough to endure this trip. So I too will have to cancel out for this year and hopefully in for next year.

Feb 28, 2013
    This is very difficult for me to say... I have been in excruciating pain for over 4 months and as of now, it looks like I'm going to have spinal surgery soon. I kept hoping it would get better or the surgery would have been done by now, but it just hasn't. There was the detour of a tumor in my shoulder that delayed things for over a month while that was diagnosed. Thank goodness it turned out to be benign.

Given it's tough to sit/stand for any length of time, and driving that kind of distance is out of the question, and if I actually were to go, my time would be split as 1/4 of my time in the hot tub and 3/4 of my time laying down on an ice pack on pain medication, this just doesn't make sense.

I kept looking at the rental, saying to myself once I have some resolution, I will book it... As it turns out, the place is still available - hopefully someone will pick this up and run with it.

Please accept my apologies and have a great time, take lots of pictures and post all about the good times. I'm in for next year!

Yikes...!:shocking:

Sorry to hear all that. I think you're right. Best to take it easy and recover.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Looks like no one picked this up.

And in the end it was a good call, weather report is calling for rain all weekend.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

Whoa... Work on getting better. The trip for next year can be planned now. :D

As for helping you get better in your downtime, would a DA and Little DA visit help you feel better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom