2A Supporters dont care about human lives...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Catch-This-22

Dec 29, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    I enjoy political conversations. I take every opportunity possible to engage people in thought provoking civil discussions and challenge people to consider all sides of an argument before reaching conclusions.

With that said I find it very difficult to engage in discussions regarding the 2nd amendment without getting frustrated because the common talking points used against it don't stand up to even casual objective scrutiny.

We have allowed the media to frame this "discussion" in a manner that "implies" that only 2A opponents cherish their fellow mans life and support a noble cause. We want politicians to acknowledge that most citizens own firearms for protection rather than incorrectly oversimplifying to "hunting and sporting" before a fair discussion can take place.

I believe it is imperative for us to emphasize that our position is based on the same desire to protect our fellow man. Otherwise, we will continue to be demonized by the media and true compromise will be impossible due to uninformed citizen's emotionally based decisions guised as reasonable and logical.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Agreed. Whenever I see this line of thinking, I ask them if they would be ok with sentencing the people who defended their lives with guns to death in exchange for a gun free society.

99% will dodge the question.

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    Unlike the antis, I am willing to step up in the defense of the otherwise defenseless. The best they could do is dial 911, and hope. Which of us is it that values life??

It is hard countering the full court propaganda attack. Especially since hearing facts and truth apparently makes their heads hurt.

Jesse in Rockville
    2nd gen NRA life member
    GOA member

CnC

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    Saw the governor of CT on one of the cable news shows recently talking about "30 magazine clips" (he said it over and over).

That clip sure holds a lot of magazines! 30 of em! :rolleyes:

Idiot.

Catch-This-22

Dec 29, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    But in their world, if we just remove the gun, there will be no crime.

Exactly. They ignore the statistics that show crime rates INCREASE and over murder too...just not by guns. They "feel" that guns are a problem and that taking them away from law abiding citizens is good even if it prevents just one murder...

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Exactly. They ignore the statistics that show crime rates INCREASE and over murder too...just not by guns. They "feel" that guns are a problem and that taking them away from law abiding citizens is good even if it prevents just one murder...

Part of the problem is they look at body counts. They are content or ignorant with high robbery/rape/assault that you get with gun bans.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The Demcratic Party cares about criminals, that's why they repeal the Death penalty!

Gotta keep your voting block alive, although one of their preferred voting blocks are dead... :innocent0

I care about human lives, just not everyone's. :D

Catch-This-22

Dec 29, 2012
    Waldorf, MD
    Part of the problem is they look at body counts. They are content or ignorant with high robbery/rape/assault that you get with gun bans.

I find this to be true as well although in many circumstances body counts go up as well. I usually ask them if we disarm the police if they believe crime would go up or down. People respect and obey the police because of the risk of being shot...not because they carry a badge.

silanehead

Sarcastic Member
    Oct 24, 2012
    Dundalk
    You can talk forever using logic and facts but you will never overcome rabid, venemous emotion. As soon as they realize they lost the dicussion, their violence will surface. At that point a suggestion will be made that you are heartless and deserve a terrible torture or even death.
    Shot with your own gun, dragged behind a pickup truck, burned at the stake,drawn and quartered, etc. etc. etc.
    Sad

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom