• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    I'm not a ninja warrior and don't have decades of carrying experience in a civilian environment. Putting aside any political angles, my choice whether to OC or CC (and i do both) is driven by which option gives me a better tactical advantage for self defense given what I am doing and what environment I'll be in.

Isn't that the reason we carry in the first place?

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    I'm done caring about viewpoints of those who would be OK with OC being outlawed because they don't like it.
    No one said that. it was if people do it, people may get scared and they will out law it. Then some said if we dont do it, they wont get used to it. Then but that will scare people, then someone said MGA are going to do what they are going to do.

Really one guy said something against it, then a guy from VA said best case is countys ake the rules and worse case MGA does something. I countered with no we dont want counties doing something as it makes invisible lines that can make people criminals.

Over all it was Karens ( well Kens ) saying dont do it because people will get scared. Then mga will do something but I think most where among the do what you do.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    People did not want it do to some imaginary sudden change where printing is life in jail. those against it did not want it outlawed do to above.

They dont want people to OC, so they dont get in trouble if they OC.

Everyone pretty much agreed it can be a bad idea, but dont want it made illegal.

again its more of the uninformed who dont know. And a few who think annapolis would ban it do to people being scared, but lets be honest MGA will do what they want. And as John said they may do something as a "hay look we did something" but its not going to be because some random guy OCed one day

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Circular as fuq.

Don't OC because MGA will outlaw something I'm being asked not to do, cause MGA will outlaw something not being done, which they will try to outlaw anyway, cause MGA sucks balls.

Kilroy3006

Jun 10, 2015
    NONE of those in the meeting wanted OC outlawed. I didn't hear anyone say they did not like OC. The question that rbird seems to be lost on is whether or not it is a good idea in Maryland given the liberal political climate in Maryland. Most of the public and many gun owners and even instructors don't know OC is legal. Which takes us back to is OC politically wise in Maryland? Are we better off flying low and keeping OC or flaunting it and giving the anti's in Annapolis the opportunity to publicly bash us and something else to ban?

Yes, is was a casual discussion as advertised and those who wanted to talk about other topics were certainly able to. Views were respected by those who disagreed and it was interesting that the animosity for opposing views so common on MDS was not there. Nothing positive ever happens when people are shouting about what they think someone else thinks instead of listening to what that person has to say and understanding why they are saying it.

It is possible to disagree and still be on the same side.

Attack me if you wish. It will only prove my statement about the intolerance shown by some on MDS.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Mine also one time mentioned it was legal, but best not to because it's not a normal sight in this state and there are a lot of idiots out there who would make your day longer by calling 911 and forcing you to have an "interaction." My paraphrasing of what he said.

Plus, as was stated somewhere in this forum, if a dirtbag sees you have a gun, he will put you in the number one slot on his list.
    This doesn't happen in states that have open carry and a good many of the citizens of those states avail themselves of the ability to open carry, so why do people keep repeating this ********?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That concerns me because I have an OWB holster. There's no legal or constitutional basis for making it a crime to simply open carry. Open carry was allowed in the United States for centuries. I tried wearing a jacket while wearing my OWB holster, and my friend told me that he can see it printing. If it were to be illegal to open carry in Maryland, then I don't know how I could conceal carry while outside during the cold months of the year. I would have to buy an IWB holster, which would cost a lot of money, considering what makes a holster practical for EDC, easy and comfortable to wear, and still allows me to easily draw a handgun, God forbid that I have no other choice in a situation.
    Printing does not equal "open carrying" as you can see the outline of the firearm but it is still covered.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    NONE of those in the meeting wanted OC outlawed. I didn't hear anyone say they did not like OC. The question that rbird seems to be lost on is whether or not it is a good idea in Maryland given the liberal political climate in Maryland. Most of the public and many gun owners and even instructors don't know OC is legal. Which takes us back to is OC politically wise in Maryland? Are we better off flying low and keeping OC or flaunting it and giving the anti's in Annapolis the opportunity to publicly bash us and something else to ban?

Yes, is was a casual discussion as advertised and those who wanted to talk about other topics were certainly able to. Views were respected by those who disagreed and it was interesting that the animosity for opposing views so common on MDS was not there. Nothing positive ever happens when people are shouting about what they think someone else thinks instead of listening to what that person has to say and understanding why they are saying it.

Attack me if you wish. It will only prove my statement about the intolerance shown by some on MDS.
    Again...circular. You agree that OC is lawful in MD. Yet, you appear to suggest we are 'better' off hiding under the radar which basically comes down to not exercising a right.

This is worth repeating...Annapolis has no rational basis for any of the anti 2A stuff they have shoved down our throats. EVERY year they try something new...it doesn't matter if we OC or not.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    No one said that. it was if people do it, people may get scared and they will out law it. Then some said if we dont do it, they wont get used to it. Then but that will scare people, then someone said MGA are going to do what they are going to do.

Really one guy said something against it, then a guy from VA said best case is countys ake the rules and worse case MGA does something. I countered with no we dont want counties doing something as it makes invisible lines that can make people criminals.

Over all it was Karens ( well Kens ) saying dont do it because people will get scared. Then mga will do something but I think most where among the do what you do.
    Because Maryland has preemption of state law over local/county law with regards to carry, the counties cannot ban open carry.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    True. I just don't wanna get into trouble.
    How exactly would you get in trouble for the outline of your firearm being seen through your coat/shirt?
    To be honest, most people in Maryland don't notice, and don't care, your BGOS is showing.

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Because Maryland has preemption of state law over local/county law with regards to carry, the counties cannot ban open carry.
    It was more of a he wanted counties to be able to do something and set their own rules. I am not sure if he thought the counties did something it would be less than what the state could/would do. He was from VA and was a member of liberal gun owners. So he is used to VA with the non-preemption they have, or maybe liked it.

I am against it as it makes invisible lines that are too easy to cross and then be in violation of some law that a 1/2 mile before was not.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    This doesn't happen in states that have open carry and a good many of the citizens of those states avail themselves of the ability to open carry, so why do people keep repeating this ********?
    There's something different about Maryland. For some reason Marylanders are not capable of carrying without permits, 16 hour training classes, fingerprints, waiting periods, etc. It's a good thing our betters in Annapolis are smart enough to know what's good for us.

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    How exactly would you get in trouble for the outline of your firearm being seen through your coat/shirt?
    To be honest, most people in Maryland don't notice, and don't care, your BGOS is showing.
    I don't know what that means. I don't know who you mean by "most people" Thankfully, we're not in a place like New York City that presumes everyone to be guilty of illegally carrying a firearm in public unless otherwise, which doesn't make sense to me.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia

Not attacking you but they will try to ban whatever they can get away with regardless of what we do lawfully.
    It’s not lost on me.
    I see nothing wrong with following the law, even if that possibly offends some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I never carried a handgun before, so I'm a bit nervous.
    Completely natural. You’ll feel like your gun is a neon sign on your hip. You’ve been surrounded by people with guns forever. You just didn’t know it. I wore a new holster today. Even went to a family party…nobody noticed.

cyberalex

MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2022
    Federalsburg, Maryland
    Completely natural. You’ll feel like your gun is a neon sign on your hip. You’ve been surrounded by people with guns forever. You just didn’t know it. I wore a new holster today. Even went to a family party…nobody noticed.
    I never thought about that. I must've encountered hundreds of people carrying without me realizing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom