2A Gun Day Rally, March 8, Lawyers Mall!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Thanks for posting this video, Schipperke.

How is it that the plain ol Joe can understand where the problems lie, and yet the so called experts, educated, well heeled, or useless GenX members of society can't see it?
    Taking away the rights of the law abiding, is no way to end the crimes of the habitual law breakers?

Of course, how did we Prejudiced male chauvenist Scary gun owners miss the obvious? Of course,letting by all means possible, other societies to flood our country with refugees, gang bangers, radical muslims, etc has to be the answer huh.
    Why do these libs think we as a country exist to allow them to essentially do everything in their power to weaken and endanger our safety and yet blame us gun owners for the rampant crime and killings besieging our cities and suburbs. Why enforce laws we already have and punish the perp to the full extent, when we can make new ones to go after those of us who know that 2A, Vetting of immigrants, stiffer penalties for criminals who break laws already on the books is the true "Common Sense" answer?

I know,,,,,,,,,,,, it doesn't give them job security and keep them in the public eye.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It will be nice to see you Bikebreath. Thanks for coming and sorry to your family at the passing of your Aunt.

In addition, I have already written to my 3 Delegates
    Susan Krebs, Haven Shoemaker and April Rose.

Mr Justin Ready is next. I am glad to know a letter to him does not go to deaf ears from previous correspondences I have had with him.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    TWO bumps: The big MSI quarterly membership meeting is tomorrow (Saturday) from 1pm to 3pm in Annapolis:

2. MSI Quarterly Meeting - March 4 - Special Guest!
    Our next Quarterly Membership meeting is going to be held this Saturday, March 4 from 1-3pm at the Annapolis Elks Lodge. MSI welcomes Erin Palette of Operation Blazing Sword and the Pink Pistols as our keynote speaker. Click here for more details! We hope to see you on Saturday!

Meeting Time:
    1:00pm - 3:00pm

Meeting Location:
    Annapolis Elks Lodge.
    2 Pythian Drive
    Edgewater, MD 21037

ALSO: who wants lunch? Join me and a bunch of other Patriots at Mission BBQ in Annapolis at noon--just minutes away from the Elks Lodge where the MSI meeting is being held. See ya there!

(This is the Mission BBQ up off West Street near the Mall, NOT the Mission BBQ down at City Dock!)

MISSION BBQ
    2101 Sommerville Road
    Annapolis MD 21401

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    see you there brother Rack !!!

Like a boss! (Damn, your sign "not appropriate" on the Non-Partisan March 8th Rally Day, but welcome here in post 29!

Attachments

• IMG_6557.jpg
      IMG_6557.jpg
      103.1 KB · Views: 353

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Lunch sounds like a fine idea, see you there

Another boss!

As "guests" at the March 8th Rally, we will be swapping out our PP hammer messages for issue-focused signs because we are team players!

See Post 14 for a sign that you want to call dibs on...or just choose one one the fly on the 8th.

All 43 "issue alert" signs will be there.

Attachments

• IMG_4965.jpg
      IMG_4965.jpg
      84.2 KB · Views: 339

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I work in Annapolis, I can probably sneak out of the office for about 1.5 hours. What would be the best time window to aim for?

Howdy! It would be awesome if you could get to Lawyer's Mall (Bladen Street & College Avenue) by 10:15am on March 8th for the speeches that start about then.

Grab one of our signs and bring the heat!

Find me (I'm the guy in the middle) and you find the signs!

Attachments

• IMG_6768.jpg
      IMG_6768.jpg
      90.2 KB · Views: 338

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    My appearance at this point is a game time decision, based on how I feel with this cold I have.

TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    I'll be there tomorrow. Have to leave around noon for a customer appt so can't stay to testify. Want to at least make a presence for the rally. I'll carry any sign gladly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Just a last-minute reminder to finish prepping your testimony for tomorrow :D

MSI's position on the senate bills can be found here in our handy legislation tracker:
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/legislation-tracker/54-2017-2a-related-legislation-tracking

Full itinerary below:
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...t/57-please-join-us-in-annapolis-on-wednesday

MSI joins with the NRA and other Maryland 2A organizations in urging our members and all who care about the Second Amendment to come out and stand up for your 2A rights on Wednesday, March 8th in Annapolis!

There are a lot of gun-related bills that will be heard, some bad some good, but there are two especially bad bills for which we need your presence in Annapolis to help fight! We need everyone who is able to come out, numbers matter!
    Click here for a full list of all of the bills and our position on each of them. We are focusing on 2 particularly bad bills this session:
    SB946: Weapon-Free Higher Education Zones
    SB948: Rifles and Shotguns - Secondary Transactions

Weapon-Free Higher Education Zones
    This is the "Campus Carry" bill that criminalizes any possession of a firearm on public university property. As most of Maryland's largest institutions own property not part of the campus facilities, this potentially puts citizens who happen to be on these non-campus locations in jeopardy.

Additionally, this bill bans carry even with possession of a carry permit, including, victims of domestic violence or sexual assault! An amendment to cover this specific provision was already rejected in the house!

The house version of this bill has already been passed! During the hearing on that bill we testified, and the entire video can be seen here.

Read MSI's President's Written Testimony on SB946!

Note: this bill will not be included in the hearings in the Senate, as that was done last week. Please talk to your Senators about this bill, though, it is a very bad bill and needs to be defeated!

Rifles and Shotguns - Secondary Transactions
    There are so many problems with this bill it is hard to even know where to begin. Simplified you may no longer sell a long gun of any type to anyone without going through a background check, despite the fact, there is no provision for a place one could even bring a long gun in order to transfer it to another person! In addition to banning the private sale, you can't even lend your firearm to someone unless you are actively "hunting". If you were to lend it to a friend the day before they went hunting, you'd be guilty of a FELONY.

Hunters, please join us in testifying against this terrible bill!

Schedule of the Day
    Start Time End Time Details
    9:00 am 10:00 am Arrive and Sign-Up to Testify
    10:00 am 12:00 pm Rally on Lawyer's Mall
    1:00 pm Late JPR Hearings and Testimonies

Miller Senate Office Building, 2 East Wing
    11 Bladen St
    Annapolis, MD 21411

What to do Before You Arrive
    Find out who your legislators are.
    Find out in which office they are located.
    If you are testifying, please prepare by following these guidelines.

What to do On Wednesday
    Arrive Early
    Submit any written testimony by noon.
    Visit your legislator in their office before the rally.
    Attend the Rally
    Be in the hearing room before 1:00 pm, allowing time to pass through security

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything, please email us! We are here to help!

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom