• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    We know the RedMaryland folks are a bunch of self-promoting, inconsistent 2A supporting, internet hit seeking jack wagons. So I am not surprised to see them trying to fan flames with a 2A organizer new to Maryland just to stir sh*it. Whatever RedMaryland has to say is hardly worth paying attention to.

So on one hand I give the new Captain (no, not Captain Snarky ;) ) credit for stepping up and trying to take the reigns in Maryland for what I now understand is supposed to be a national event, and to get people mobilized. But on the other hand, it was terribly naive for the new Captain to think he - as an individual previously unknown to the Maryland 2A Community - would garner blind allegiance and draw a large following on such short notice. Those of us that have spent many days and cold nights out on Lawyers Mall, and many other select locations, realize you either have to have 1) a very well articulated plan communicated far enough in advance to draw a decent crowd, or 2) a well-established following that will hit the bricks on a moments notice because they trust you. I wish the the Captain the best of luck, but I personally haven't heard enough to jump into the deep end of the pool with a newcomer. Hope to hear more soon and perhaps be swayed this could turn out to be a worthwhile event.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    We know the RedMaryland folks are a bunch of self-promoting, inconsistent 2A supporting, internet hit seeking jack wagons. So I am not surprised to see them trying to fan flames with a 2A organizer new to Maryland just to stir sh*it. Whatever RedMaryland has to say is hardly worth paying attention to.

So on one hand I give the new Captain (no, not Captain Snarky ;) ) credit for stepping up and trying to take the reigns in Maryland for what I now understand is supposed to be a national event, and to get people mobilized. But on the other hand, it was terribly naive for the new Captain to think he - as an individual previously unknown to the Maryland 2A Community - would garner blind allegiance and draw a large following on such short notice. Those of us that have spent many days and cold nights out on Lawyers Mall, and many other select locations, realize you either have to have 1) a very well articulated plan communicated far enough in advance to draw a decent crowd, or 2) a well-established following that will hit the bricks on a moments notice because they trust you. I wish the the Captain the best of luck, but I personally haven't heard enough to jump into the deep end of the pool with a newcomer. Hope to hear more soon and perhaps be swayed this could turn out to be a worthwhile event.

Maybe just get your toes wet on the edge of the pool...it's a national event and it could be a good thing to show Maryland representin'

:mdpatriot

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Maybe just get your toes wet on the edge of the pool...it's a national event and it could be a good thing to show Maryland representin'

:mdpatriot

I might still show? But I am looking for something more than I have a permit, show up and hear me speak. I have already seen his YouTube video. Again, I wish him the best, and you know I am all in for the cause, but I show up at so many other well coordinated events I can't accept every invitation from everyone that comes along. Would love to hear a little more before I commit.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I might still show? But I am looking for something more than I have a permit, show up and hear me speak. I have already seen his YouTube video. Again, I wish him the best, and you know I am all in for the cause, but I show up at so many other well coordinated events I can't accept every invitation from everyone that comes along. Would love to hear a little more before I commit.

exactly. more info needed.

also awaiting more info...

I actually spoke with the good Captain, told me that he is not a forum guy, more Twitter and YouTube. Y'all might be waiting a while....

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Just plan a Chick and Ruths Breakfast, then wander over for ten minutes after.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009

:thumbsup:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    He prefers throwing bombs from Catonsville.

Attachments

• walrus.jpg
      walrus.jpg
      7.5 KB · Views: 191

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    So are these guys focussed on youtube/ facetwit oneupsmanship, or interacting/ influencing actually real world politicians.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    So are these guys focussed on youtube/ facetwit oneupsmanship, or interacting/ influencing actually real world politicians.

From here it looks like an attempt to have the 2A community across the country stand together on one day and say, "Shall not be infringed" as a response to the knee jerk proposed legislation following Las Vegas. Will it be effective? I have no idea. I figure it can't hurt and it is worth a few hours of my time on a Sunday morning. Not like I have to rush home in time for kickoff of a NFL game or anything. ;)

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    This from the Captain’s Facebook page.

Capitol Police have informed us that there is a conflict with our event. The city will be moving statues in and around Lawyers Mall, large machinery will be used and they do not want any rallies on this day. We were informed today, unfortunately the event had been cancelled. Thank you to everyone who helped promote the event, was planning on attending or that was interested. Keep up the good fight for the 2nd amendment and keep your ears peeled for future events!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom