• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    but my point is, that section deals with all firearms applications right. if they insert "handgun" at the top, doesn't that mean that shotguns and other guns need NO application, the way that section reads?

Maybe... But they don't right now either. Just NICS.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I would also reiterate how important it is to not use the term fudd. It doesn't tick me off, but there are many that it does. Many that we would like to recruit.

I (and a few others) have been keeping a large number of hunters informed, and have even been successful in having some of them take action. I can assure you, if you want their help, terminology such as that will not be tolerated and in fact, push them away.

By the way, I hunt a lot with a pistol, as do many others, so this applies. Hunters (proper term) have already been crapped on in western MD with the "carry while bowhunting" bill that went nowhere.

occ, I am in Eldersburg, so any time you want to have a pow wow and "strategize", I'm in.

Meet in the middle and use, "Nimrod". That cuts both ways ;)

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    the trouble is that one has to look at the WHOLE code for context.

firearm application is a defined term in 5-101. (see page 16 of the amended bill).

Firearm application. -- "Firearm application" means an application to purchase, rent, or transfer a regulated firearm.

so unfortunately, this does not apply to long guns which have their own separate section.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    i dont think that they can vote to amend this. If they insert "regulated," then doesn't that mean that long guns and other unregulated guns need no application?

hahahahahaha. this bill is so ****ed up. i DEMAND that they enforce this provision too.

Actually, I just re-read the definition for "firearm application" and this is all a moot point.

Firearm application. -- "Firearm application" means an application to purchase, rent, or transfer a regulated firearm.

Edit to add: Proposed 5-118 states "A firearm application shall contain"

So, it only applies to regulated firearms because a firearm application if for regulated firearms.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    the trouble is that one has to look at the WHOLE code for context.

firearm application is a defined term in 5-101. (see page 16 of the amended bill).

so unfortunately, this does not apply to long guns which have their own separate section.

You beat me with that one. Yeah, I think this is a none-issue once you look at the definition of "firearm application".

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    they kinda of buried the lead in that one:

A spokesman for Bull Moose Sportsmen told POLITICO that Perricone expressed concern to Obama about a ban on semi-automatic firearms, which Perricone opposes. He also told Obama his concern about a federal registry for firearms, saying that it would infringe on hunters’ privacy rights.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/guns-background-checks-hunting-group-89592.html#ixzz2PUnKV8X5

so in other words, the are in favor of the idea of background checks, but against Schumer's actual bill.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Now THERE's a mainstream sportsman group

they kinda of buried the lead in that one:

so in other words, the are in favor of the idea of background checks, but against Schumer's actual bill.

Bull Moose Sportsmen is a nonprofit with about 5,000 members that advocates Second Amendment rights and conserving land for sport and wildlife.

5K members ... NATIONWIDE ??? Give me frickin' break, and I'll bet that O'Bama and O'Malley will take an out-of-context quote from a fringe group as 'support' for UBC.

Where's my Bull Moose * Stamp ?

Attachments

• ********.jpg
      ********.jpg
      4.8 KB · Views: 71

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Emily Miller exposes Bull Moose Sportsmen

MILLER: Democratic front group hyped as hunters by media in gun control fight
    Politico story claim gun owners support Obama’s ‘universal background checks’

The American Wildlife Conservation Partners (AWCP) is a consortium of 42 organizations, including major groups such as Safari Club International, Ducks Unlimited, National Wildlife Turkey Federation, National Rifle Association and the National Shooting Sports Foundation. The groups together represent 6 million individual members.

Members of AWCP tell me that Bull Moose has been denied entry into their organization because it refused to reveal its mysterious funding sources.

Mysterious funding sources ... :wtf:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    MILLER: Democratic front group hyped as hunters by media in gun control fight
    Politico story claim gun owners support Obama’s ‘universal background checks’

Mysterious funding sources ... :wtf:

ok, now my curiosity is piqued.

so i went to their website and looked at their photos.
    http://bullmoosehunting.com/photo-gallery/

They have some photos of their hunting trips.

Whats the first thing you notice about the pictures of the wild boar hunting?

Its not what you see, its what you dont see.

here are some photos of a real boar hunt. http://www.huntingandfishingmaryland.com/2nd-pig-hunt/

or maybe this:

In the bull moose hog hunt photos i dont see any actual hogs. Maybe the Bull Moose hunters are just the dumbest unluckiest hunters on earth? It does not even look like they are in a good place for hogs.

I am not saying these pictures are staged, but except for the fishing trip there do not appear to be any actual animals harmed during these hunts.

and why does a hunting society need such a prominent press sidebar??

thats all, you draw your own conclusions. i could be wrong, maybe this is just how Kalifornians hunt. I am not sure which option is more scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom