• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    So It appears that the nfa bug got me I am looking into my first item a supressor for my new buckmark amd ill build a pws rifle as well thoughts on the swr warlock2. Id like light weight amd easy to clean lol.

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Check out the silencerco sparrow as well. You can't go wrong with either imo

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    If you can afford to, get a 5.56 rated so that you can use it on your .22lr and a 5.56 if you have one, or plan on getting one. THat way only 1 tax stamp. If not, the Silencerco is nice, as well as Gemtech.

Just a thought...:-)

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    If you can afford to, get a 5.56 rated so that you can use it on your .22lr and a 5.56 if you have one, or plan on getting one. THat way only 1 tax stamp. If not, the Silencerco is nice, as well as Gemtech.

Is this possible? If you buy a 556 silencer you can still shoot 22lr out of it ? I'm a super noob when it comes to silencers.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Rumnhammer

Mar 2, 2013
    can

You can, but most suppressors that are rated for 5.56 are sealed. .22lr shoots very dirty, and you will want to have a can that you can take apart to clean if you put .22 through it.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Is this possible? If you buy a 556 silencer you can still shoot 22lr out of it ? I'm a super noob when it comes to silencers.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I wouldn't do that. You need something that you can take apart and clean for rimfire.

I would also recommend spending the extra money to get the Spectre over the warlock.

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    You can, but most suppressors that are rated for 5.56 are sealed. .22lr shoots very dirty, and you will want to have a can that you can take apart to clean if you put .22 through it.

Exactly. Plus, the 5.56 suppressor will also be about three times as heavy and relatively unmanageable on the end of a 22lr handgun.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I wouldn't do that. You need something that you can take apart and clean for rimfire.

I would also recommend spending the extra money to get the Spectre over the warlock.

+1. I have a Spectre II and it is built like a tank. Cleans easily in the dip since it is SS. The Warlock is aluminum so you can't use the dip to clean it.
    If you want to lower cost, look into Thompson Machine Zephyr or ISIS. They are alumimun as well, but a solid cans. I can't tell the difference in sound between the Spectre and Zyphyr. Depending on where you are, there several IP's that are excellent to deal with for Class III. Duffy's, Engage, 2A….
    Oh, most importantly, buy one in stock. If they have to order it, it's another 3-5 month wait in top of the MSP/ATF charlie foxtrot.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!

This is a bad idea, even with a serviceable 5.56 (20cal) suppressor. These cans are obviously more expensive and when scraping them out full of lead, you start to worry whether your damaging the tube permanently. I should know, it was my reasoning about getting a Tactical Innovations TAC16 suppressor. Decent 5.56 stainless steal suppressor that's serviceable and full auto rated. I shot 3000 rounds of 22LR through it, and the amount of lead build up was staggering and a humungous pain in the ass to clean, as the baffles were touching the tube of the suppressor. Do yourself a favor and get a dedicated 22LR suppressor that's easy to clean... trust me it's worth it! Ugg that clean up was a nightmare, with lead particles floating everywhere (not cool).

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Serviceable .223 cans are also MUCH heavier than dedicated .22LR cans. I have one and it weighs 28 ounces. It's full auto rated in .223 so it has to be built to take high pressures. In comparision, a Sparrow weighs 6.5 ounces and a Spectre II weighs 6.8 ounces. That is a huge difference out at the end of a .22LR handgun. Or a rifle. Plus, the can is 1.5" diameter vs. 1" diameter. No fixed sights will work. You won't be happy trying to shoot a servicable .223 can on a handgun.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    Ok, I am thinking of getting another 22 can. I have a gem tech and to be honest its not as quiet as my friends spectreII what is the opnion of the quietest can?

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Here is 5 shots fired from my buck mark with the sparrow (dry). You do get the first round pop when dry.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMxoWzc12tY&feature=player_detailpage
    watch

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members