• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I just saw .22lr on the shelf at a Wallys. I can't even remember the previous occasion of seeing any. Two varieties , Win Super X RN 100rd , and CCI Std Vel 50rd . And .17HMR also. I bought 2 of the Win, 8.37 ea.

WM in Alex, Va , 3 minutes from the bridge.

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    It's good to see 22 back on the shelves.

Since online prices have fallen and there's more in stock people aren't buying from Wally World and selling on GA and GB for 3 times the amount.
    I know for a fact at couple Wally Worlds that the employees hide the 22, sell to a few that give kick backs. :mad54:
    They bring the entire fam in to purchase since you can only buy 3 at one time.:sad20:

SLICK GUNS app is pretty awesome for deals on ammo too.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i'm guessing the availability will vary depending on the region.
    Dicks usually has some, but a few blocks away, the wally world never has it in stock.:sad20:

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    I seen some Winchester 22LR in the Germantown WM last week but I didn't buy any. I did buy some of the 22MAG they had! I think that was Wednesday the 28th.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Palmetto State Armory was also selling CCI Standard Velocity at 8 cpr this morn (I haven't checked to see if still in stock) with a 5000 rd (10 brick) maximum order. While this was slightly more than I wanted to spend (esp as I am flush), it is nice to see the maximum limits raised to a point where most of us wouldn't normally purchase beyond anyhow.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I seen some Winchester 22LR in the Germantown WM last week but I didn't buy any. I did buy some of the 22MAG they had! I think that was Wednesday the 28th.

I spotted some Winchester .22 at the Eldersburg WM about 6 weeks back, I left it for those less fortunate. ;)

Seriously, Winchester has always been crap, IMO. I wouldn't take it if it was free.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah, Winchester has given me issues in two different rifles, 10/22 and Mossberg 702. Lots of stove pipes, failures to extract, failures to load and duds. Been generally having some stove pipe issues with my 10/22, but all of that happened with my 702 as well and NO other ammo caused that in my 702. No other ammo has caused the other 3 in my 10/22 either and the stove pipe rate is 2x what it is for other ammo.

About 1 in 10 stove pipe. 1 in 20 fail to feed. 1 in 20 need a second attmpt to fire. 1 in 20 fail to extract and 1 in 50 are just duds. This was from a brick of the standar winchester 36gr cphp as well as two 100 round boxes of super X. So basically in a 10 round clip odds are good at least 2 rounds will have issues.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Every flavor of .22lr will have large numbers of lovers and haters. And it is quite plausable that for the last several years, all mfg of rimfire have emphasised volume over QC , so that every brand will be varriable from box to box

That said, the only stuff I have ever seem come close to 10% malfunction was then 50yo, improperly stored, and embrittled that would split about 10% .

In a gun that baseline is reliable, have never seen close to 10% ammo related malfunction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom