• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    I am sure I paid $15/brick and maybe as low as 12/brick. That was in the 1980's
    Given the current political climate, I think we are going to living on the edge of hoarding for the rest of my life

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I walked into the store intending to get magazines. Lo and behold, a stack of .22lr cases just inside the door !

Just like the joke about dogs playing poker. The point is about kinda medium $/ round, its the sight of unbroken cases being offered for sale. Most brick and mortat LGS don't have 5K rounds of .22lr of all types combined. If the tooth fairy gave them a case, the individual boxes would be on they shelf marked $7.99-$8.99 per 50rds.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I walked into the store intending to get magazines. Lo and behold, a stack of .22lr cases just inside the door !

Just like the joke about dogs playing poker. The point is about kinda medium $/ round, its the sight of unbroken cases being offered for sale. Most brick and mortat LGS don't have 5K rounds of .22lr of all types combined. If the tooth fairy gave them a case, the individual boxes would be on they shelf marked $7.99-$8.99 per 50rds.

Yeah Bigfoot, who would have ever thought $8 per 50 22lr's?

I was at the last gun auction trying to score some bargain ammo/reloading supplies etc. Saw a flat of miscellaneous items including some 22lr's from a considerable time ago. How did I know this? They had a store's price sticker on them of $.79 for a box of 50. I think the whole lot of 5 or 6 boxes went for a ridiculous price of something like $30-$40 for those $.79 boxes. I refused to bite, obviously.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ironically ammo old enough to be priced 79 cents is probably more of intrest to ammunition collectors than for shooting.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Earlybird, I know there is some "better" 22 lr ammo that I have paid more money for from time to time as the need arises.

I did not mean to sound uppity about the $15 per 500 price. It is just that most of my 22 shooting is plinking and target practice. I save the good stuff like CCI, Eley etc for critter hunting.

Also, I went to that bigdog site and heck if I could find that Aguila ammo. I think their site needs help, but that is just me.

There a brick and mortar they don't do internet sales other than on Gun Broker. I have a sneaky feeling ( and the last time I had this feeling was about a year before sandy hook and bought all my .22 before then) that as we get closer to the election .22 could be hard to find!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Well now I know where the Aguila ammo for CMP went I have a back order from CMP from several years ago I am still waiting on.When I ordered CMP was selling it for $250 a case shipped.

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    last time I bought some from Walmart, it was with tax at .06 per round and I agree that I will not pay an inflated price for .22lr.
    Although as stated earlier, once prices go up, they rarely come down to the levels that they once were. I am not a hoarder, but will buy when there is a value
    added element to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom