• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Big Dog has lots of 5000rd cases of Aguila.22lr , 40gr , high velocity and standard velocity. $450 .

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    i 100% agree that the price is absurd but this is really good ammo.

Earlybird, I know there is some "better" 22 lr ammo that I have paid more money for from time to time as the need arises.

I did not mean to sound uppity about the $15 per 500 price. It is just that most of my 22 shooting is plinking and target practice. I save the good stuff like CCI, Eley etc for critter hunting.

Also, I went to that bigdog site and heck if I could find that Aguila ammo. I think their site needs help, but that is just me.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks for your good thoughts/intentions.

6cents per round including shipping. That's my threshold right now.

That's high IMO. But it's not offensive.

I think 4-5 cpr is not out of the realm of believable...or what we can find if we're patient.

22lr shouldn't be priced as if it was a commodity. We can (IMO) but should not chase it or we contribute to the pricing spikes.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yeah, I remember .22lr ammo cheap enough it rounded off to essentially free. This is cheaper than current local on the shelf prices by the box. And It reached my tipping point to have a long term supply without having to repratedly seek ammo.

If it drops to 27.99 / brick in a cpl years, eh I paid for convience and peace of mind.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I'm right there with ya bro.

Deep stock is critical.

Having reached that point some time ago, I can now enjoy "principles" that are principally driven.

Manipulating the system is rare and more often than not, unobtanium. Having the system manipulate you sucks and is to be avoided unless it's your only choice.

I do appreciate the heads up. There's plenty who will find quantities like this, at prices like this, to suit their purposes right now. That's all good.

Good on ya!!!

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Will likely not be buying any 22 ammo until the price is no longer $45 per 500 rounds when it should be no more than $15 per 500.
    Thanks for the heads up though.
    Keep holding your breath. In the mean time, I'll be buying up all the ammo you don't at the new normal price. Supply, meet demand. If you wait for prices to fall back to where they were one day you're going to waiting a long time. See any penny candy lately? How about that $0.29 gas?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Will likely not be buying any 22 ammo until the price is no longer $45 per 500 rounds when it should be no more than $15 per 500.
    Thanks for the heads up though.

Good luck with $15 per brick. Maybe you could invent a time machine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Well, folks I come from a world where I make the most of what I have and stretch a buck and scrimp until I can afford SOME good stuff. When I was a kid my mom and dad split up and mom got remarried to a man with a decent job and good common sense. He taught me how to be practical and that good things come to those who wait. He also instilled in me a sense of being content and appreciation for the blessings I already have.
    I could have been like most of society today and had them "provide" the clothes on my back and food on my table from all the retail places at full retail prices.
    Instead, if I needed some really nice clothes like for interviews, funerals, church, we would go shopping to buy stuff new. Otherwise, I was very content rifling thru big bags of hand me down clothes, carpooling with mom and dad in our 1 and only car or else walking, riding skateboard, or bicycles to get anywhere I needed to go thereby not being a huge financial burden to my mom and dad.

We are in now the 2010's with the burdensome laws our Politicians have strapped upon our backs and the financial ramifications of Obama care, tax and spend welfare programs, 2A rights restrictions etc that raise our guns and ammo prices, my Delorean and flux capacitors happen to be called deer hunting, fishing, hitting auctions of all kinds, hustling to make a yard sale deal, fixing and driving old cars the White collar folks would otherwise discard for Smart cars, Lexus's, BMW's or Prius's, reloading my own ammo from my spent casings I shot or collected or purchased in bulk thru classified ads, old timers, etc.

If a thing such as ammo, guns, cars, clothes etc is at too high an inflated price I will make due repairing stuff I already own or stock up on supplies when I can come by them at cost efficient levels via the methods I mentioned above. Now, since you mentioned Delorean's, one of my daily drivers happens to be a 1983 Honda Civic station wagon that I get all kinds of compliments on, or my 1988 F250 Ford truck with almost 325,000 miles on it.

Oh and as for my math about the 5000 rounds for $450 or was it 500 rounds for $45. Last I checked it. if one takes a 0 off 5000 you get 500 and a 0 off $450 yields $45. I think the math was right. Oh and the last time I paid retail for 22 ammo, I got 500 rounds of Remingtons for $10.99 or 550 rounds of Federals for $12.99. needless to say, if I stocked up and got 5000 rounds of either, I would have paid a whopping $110 plus tax for the Remingtons and another $130 for 5500 Federals. Anyway I slice it, $450 is too high a price for me just for 22's
    I might say it tongue in cheek or be really serious, but I will plink with my air rifle and shoot bb's and pellets before I spend the inflated additional $300+ cost at current 22 ammo prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom