• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    Have you noticed a big difference in accuracy based on case headstamp? To be honest, I've never paid much attention to headstamp. I worked up a bullet/primer/powder load combination but never worried about the case.

Ive always done all my cases that way. Depending on what load book source you use - they also recommend this.

Internal case capacity supposedly varies by make or even by Mil surp VS commercial. For normal plinking loads or for non precision offhand AR rounds, then maybe its non-issue.

In my rifles that are benched fired for smaller groups I do sort, to help keep things consistent.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Thanks for the info on the G.F.L. brass... :party29:

I got another one for you guys. Has anyone had any experience reloading .223 brass with the head stamp PSD?

cartridgecollectors.org says its:

Poongsan Metal Manufacturing Company Ltd., Seoul, Republic of Korea (probably at the Dongrae Ammunition Plant)

Hopefully this stuff is better than the G.F.L. junk I acquired. :shrug:

The PSD brass is the PMC X-Tac brass...either 55 or 62 grains....it is 5.56 ammo so it has a primer crimp....good stuff...have reloaded those cases three times so far with no issues other than occasional trimming

gregaarms

Machinist Junkie
    Feb 18, 2013
    Calvert County
    The PSD brass is the PMC X-Tac brass...either 55 or 62 grains....it is 5.56 ammo so it has a primer crimp....good stuff...have reloaded those cases three times so far with no issues other than occasional trimming

Sweet!! Finally some good news...Thanks! :D

I've already broke a handful of pins de-priming that GFL crap. I really don't want to have to trash 10k + casings :sad20:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It depends on caliber.

In .308, there is a good bit of variation in case capacity. Mil surp, Lapua, and Federal tend to be less capacity. So loads are about 0.4 grains less in those cases.

.223 has less variation.

In .45 ACP, there is a bit of a difference between mil and commercial. But I run the same loads in both. But nowhere near a max load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom