• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I have a similar set up on my Savage BTVS and it works well. For the requirements the OP has, Vortex is the way to go.
    only thing missing is that it is a fixed parallax of 100 yards,, Vortex has a few adj parallax scopes in the crossfire line,, but they are larger and $$

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I have no personal experience with this scope, as all of my rimfire scopes today are older and discontinued models. But this Vortex Diamondback 2x7x35 might be worth a look. It's a tad outside of your stated budget. But I'm going to guess that you'll likely find yourself picking up and putting more shot volume through that 10/22, than anything else you own. I too went through a "it's just a .22" stage. Later went to better glass, and for me at least, should have done so sooner.

50 yard fixed parallax. Not adjustable, but arguably correct compromise setting for rimfire. Finger adjustable and zero stop turrets. Sized more akin to your stated liking on smallish rifle.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Vortex Optics Crossfire II Adjustable Objective 4-12X40

The adjustable objective let's you adjust the parallax from 10 yards to infinity.

Last edited:

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I have no personal experience with this scope, as all of my rimfire scopes today are older and discontinued models. But this Vortex Diamondback 2x7x35 might be worth a look. It's a tad outside of your stated budget. But I'm going to guess that you'll likely find yourself picking up and putting more shot volume through that 10/22, than anything else you own. I too went through a "it's just a .22" stage. Later went to better glass, and for me at least, should have done so sooner.

50 yard fixed parallax. Not adjustable, but arguably correct compromise setting for rimfire. Finger adjustable and zero stop turrets. Sized more akin to your stated liking on smallish rifle.

Thanks for taking the time to post up.
    I am taking it all in.

Honestly,, if that 2-7x35 was a 100yd parallex,, I would order one for my "new to Me" Henry 44X.

One thing I did not want to compromise on was the Parallax (or lack of adjustment).

I think I found The Bushnell Prime series that has most everything,, except a little larger at 40mm

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Thanks for taking the time to post up.
    I am taking it all in.

Honestly,, if that 2-7x35 was a 100yd parallex,, I would order one for my "new to Me" Henry 44X.

One thing I did not want to compromise on was the Parallax (or lack of adjustment).

I think I found The Bushnell Prime series that has most everything,, except a little larger at 40mm

Understood.

Please let us know how you like whatever you decide upon. The Prime series is relatively new I believe. I've not seen any of them.

It is always good to hear reports. There are so darned many optics options out there, both old and new. Even the most avid of shooters can't possibly have experience with all of them. Keep us posted, and good luck!

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Understood.

Please let us know how you like whatever you decide upon. The Prime series is relatively new I believe. I've not seen any of them.

It is always good to hear reports. There are so darned many optics options out there, both old and new. Even the most avid of shooters can't possibly have experience with all of them. Keep us posted, and good luck!
    Will do.
    I have Bushnell Banner Dusk - Dawn 2-7x36 on my H&R Ultra Slugger and 2 Muzzle Loaders, like them better than my Nikon Pro Staff 2-7x32. Turns out the Banner is a China sourced optic.

The Prime Series is a S. Korea optic.
    The 2 I am looking at appear identical, 3-12x40, side focus, comes with multiple turrets
    The RP3120BF appears to be the 1st run and is discontinued and clearanced $110-140

The RP3120BS3 Looks and is described as the exact same thing,, but ~ $244

The reviews for the discontinued/discounted RP3120BF are mixed at Sportsman.
    I am wondering if the RP3120BS3 corrected any issues ?

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Thanks for the info.
    I picked up a few boxes of CCI suppressor, Quiet, and Quiet Auto, have not tried them.
    In my experience, CCI Quiet are hollywood quiet, but inconsistent of late and won't cycle a semi auto (710fps). Quiet semi-auto likely will cycle and are pretty dang accurate for me (835fps) and Suppressor are very accurate (970fps), though the loudest of the three when shooting suppressed. That said, std velocity CCI isn't that much faster and is still subsonic at (1070fps).

I shoot mostly suppressed out of my 22's.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    In my experience, CCI Quiet are hollywood quiet, but inconsistent of late and won't cycle a semi auto (710fps). Quiet semi-auto likely will cycle and are pretty dang accurate for me (835fps) and Suppressor are very accurate (970fps), though the loudest of the three when shooting suppressed. That said, std velocity CCI isn't that much faster and is still subsonic at (1070fps).

I shoot mostly suppressed out of my 22's.
    Thanks for the info.
    The CCI std vel is 1070 fps and a rnd target nose,, do you have any experience with the CCI sub sonic 1050 fps with hollow point?
    I plan to sit down once I get a scope on the 10/22 and 96/22 and see what sub ammo is consistent

Last edited:

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    my next scope for the 10/22 i just finished for squirrel hunting is going to be this scope from swfa. just because of the 9.5 oz weight.

i have a crossfire II 2-7 that others have suggested on another 10/22 that is used mostly by the kids off a shooting bench

the savage fvsr has a vortex diamondback tactical scope 4-16

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    my next scope for the 10/22 i just finished for squirrel hunting is going to be this scope from swfa. just because of the 9.5 oz weight.

i have a crossfire II 2-7 that others have suggested on another 10/22 that is used mostly by the kids off a shooting bench

the savage fvsr has a vortex diamondback tactical scope 4-16

That is indeed an interesting possibility. With length and weight both, if the glass performs and the durability is there. Please let us know how you like it.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Vortex, decent scope(s) one on a Rem 581 (4x12)
    Bushnell..3x9 have several on 10/22's, Rem 541T ( thats how it came )

Old Weaver K6 ( I believe) on a Browning T-bolt

Most optics are personal preference / needs

You can find decent optics in the price range you seek

Would be interested to hear about the SWFA scope also

-Rock

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads