• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    I did not put this in the rimfire group,, as I don't need a specific "Rimfire" labeled scope.

I am looking for a scope for my 10/22, BX trigger group, custom Boyds T-hole stock.
    uses 10-100 yard target/hunting.

looking for a 3-9X upto 4-12X power scope.
    34-36 objective lens,, I find a 32mm can get dark the last 15 minutes of light, and a 40mm is just physically large for a 22 rifle.
    Adjustable Objective (parallex)
    Basic duplex or fine duplex reticle,, no BDC
    I prefer a lower profile turret, not a fan of the sky scraper turrets,

Adjustable elevation turret,,
    I shoot 900- 1000 fps 22 ammo, and would want something with a finger adjustable turret,, and blank turrets available from the scope manufacture so I can mark my own.
    I would prefer a turret that locks. "lift, to adjust, then push down to lock" ??
    I am not looking for turrets from "custom turret makers" at $50-100 a pop,,

I have zero knowledge with adjustable turrets.
    Do most scopes have "adjustable turrets" available , that you remove the cap and install the turret?

Again, this is a 10/22, not taking this on a "once in a lifetime" hunt to Alaska,, so $100-200 range.

Thanks for any input

Last edited:

Twist

Feb 17, 2023
    Annapolis
    Bass Pro/Cabalas has a 10/22 with Viridian. 3-9x scope on it for pretty good price. I know you're not looking for a rifle but a scope for your 10/22 but I thought I'd pass along the experience I've had with this scope on that bone stock 10/22.

I bought this rifle to participate in an Appleseed event and added a sling to it for the class. Once I zero'd the scope using good ammo I can shoot pretty tight groups at 25yds. I've not done any practice at 100yds. The scope maintained its zero over a few trips back and forth to the range.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Unfortunately some of my favorites seem to be out of production, maybe you can find one used:

- Nikon Prostaff Target EFR 3-9x40
    - Clearidge Ultra RM: https://squirrelhuntingjournal.com/clearidge-ultra-rm-3-9x32ao

I have had good luck with Vortex Diamondback 2-7x and the Leupold 2-7x (might be a little outside your budget) rimfire scopes out to 200 yards. Some Vortex package deals available here: https://store.rwvaappleseed.com/scopes.html

You don’t need to spend a ton of money, but get something that tracks well, has clear enough glass, and won’t break down with use.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Not sure an out of the box 10-22 needs more then a BSA Sweet 22
    BSA Optics 22-39X40AOWRTB Sweet 22 AO 3X-9X 40mm Rifle Scope, Black
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019981294?pid=869143

Pretty sure you have to go over $170 to get something better
    I did see those, and they offer different turret caps,, so hopefully I could get "Blank" caps that I can mark for my specific ammo.
    The only thing that gave me pause was the 40mm objective,, may be a bit "large" sitting on a lil 10/22

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I’ve had good luck with vortex.

TD
    I have as well. I put a Crossfire II on one of my Savage 22's. It's a 4-12x50. Yes, overkill, but it is a hunting rifle and I want light gathering and need AO, this is adjustable to very close. 40mm too big? haa... lol

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Nothing really,,,
    Next time I'll just post:
    "I have a gun, what scope should I get"
    If you’re asking for assistance selecting an optic, only those features that relate to the selection of the optic should be mentioned (caliber, action-type, designated purpose of rifle, barrel length, etc). If you feel the need to give a complete parts / build breakdown list, there are places for that information (other than in the “Optics” forum).

Sorry, it’s just a pet peeve of mine on web forums like this. When getting advice on an AR red dot, your nitride coated BCM bolt carrier group, special charging handle, and Gucci take down pins don’t mean a damn thing.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    If you’re asking for assistance selecting an optic, only those features that relate to the selection of the optic should be mentioned (caliber, action-type, designated purpose of rifle, barrel length, etc). If you feel the need to give a complete parts / build breakdown list, there are places for that information (other than in the “Optics” forum).

Sorry, it’s just a pet peeve of mine on web forums like this. When getting advice on an AR red dot, your nitride coated BCM bolt carrier group, special charging handle, and Gucci take down pins don’t mean a damn thing.

The trigger and stock have everything to do with how much precision I need, or do not need from a scope.
    I would suggest you find somewhere else to "Pet Your Peeve"

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Unfortunately some of my favorites seem to be out of production, maybe you can find one used:

- Nikon Prostaff Target EFR 3-9x40
    - Clearidge Ultra RM: https://squirrelhuntingjournal.com/clearidge-ultra-rm-3-9x32ao

I have had good luck with Vortex Diamondback 2-7x and the Leupold 2-7x (might be a little outside your budget) rimfire scopes out to 200 yards. Some Vortex package deals available here: https://store.rwvaappleseed.com/scopes.html

You don’t need to spend a ton of money, but get something that tracks well, has clear enough glass, and won’t break down with use.
    Yeah,, I wish Nikon did not get out of the Scope market,,
    Clearidge has gone to larger scopes,,
    Trying to track down if Bushnell still makes the rimfire with replaceable turrets

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    I love my Vortex Crossfire II 3-9 with V-bright. On sale, you can get it for around $150. Lifetime warranty, super crisp reticle, with a tiny red dot.
    unfortunately, it is fixed parallex @ 100 yds

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Thanks for posting that up,, So maybe 40mm is not overkill.
    What ammo are you hunting with? Squirrel?
    Yes, mostly squirrel, small game and currently I am shooting CCI Suppressor ammo. It is very accurate and still subsonic and does the job just fine on small critters.

Slackdaddy

Jan 1, 2019
    Yes, mostly squirrel, small game and currently I am shooting CCI Suppressor ammo. It is very accurate and still subsonic and does the job just fine on small critters.
    Thanks for the info.
    I picked up a few boxes of CCI suppressor, Quiet, and Quiet Auto, have not tried them.

tomcatfan

Jan 27, 2024
    St. Marys
    I love my Vortex Crossfire II 3-9 with V-bright. On sale, you can get it for around $150. Lifetime warranty, super crisp reticle, with a tiny red dot.
    I have a similar set up on my Savage BTVS and it works well. For the requirements the OP has, Vortex is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom