• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    At this point, no one should be pining for .22 anymore. It's out there and it's reasonable.

Anyone who says they cannot find it, aren't looking. It was over produced to meet demand and now they are dumping it.

True you cannot find it stores reliably anymore to "just hit the range" but that is the new reality.

I just grabbed 5 boxes of Automatch for .052 cents a round with free shipping. If you aren't finding these deals you aren't looking.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    At this point, no one should be pining for .22 anymore. It's out there and it's reasonable.

Anyone who says they cannot find it, aren't looking. It was over produced to meet demand and now they are dumping it.

True you cannot find it stores reliably anymore to "just hit the range" but that is the new reality.

I just grabbed 5 boxes of Automatch for .052 cents a round with free shipping. If you aren't finding these deals you aren't looking.

Not true Kemosabe. Try to find CCI Suppressor ammo anywhere. I'm on a number of email lists whenever this stuff comes in and many of the deadlines have come and gone. This is still non-existent.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Not true Kemosabe. Try to find CCI Suppressor ammo anywhere. I'm on a number of email lists whenever this stuff comes in and many of the deadlines have come and gone. This is still non-existent.

Well that may be true. But "in general" regular shooting .22 ammo is widely available.

What is the issue with suppressed? I bet they committed to just getting .22 out in general and the "specialty" stuff isn't being manufactured......

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

Jim:

It's not CCI, but I was in Dick's in White Marsh last week, and they had gobs and gobs of Eley Target (which is *nice* ammo and is subsonic) and Winchester Subsonic HP. I'll see if I can swing in there on the way home tonight (it's on the way, and I need a bench rest...) and see if they've got any left.

Rangeman

Mar 1, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    I gave up on Walmart about 3 weeks ago. When my wife went there, she never saw any either. But I have bought Fed Automatch From Dick's, and CCI Mini-Mags on-line from Academy Sports (also from gun show)
    My ammo picky Buckmark likes the CCI.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Jim:

It's not CCI, but I was in Dick's in White Marsh last week, and they had gobs and gobs of Eley Target (which is *nice* ammo and is subsonic) and Winchester Subsonic HP. I'll see if I can swing in there on the way home tonight (it's on the way, and I need a bench rest...) and see if they've got any left.

Thanks!

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

I stopped and had a look.

They had more Eley Target (which is subsonic based on advertised velocity) and Winchester "40 Max" Subsonic HP than I could count at $6.99 / 50.

They also had a good bit of Eley Subsonic HP that was $9.99 / 50.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I stopped and had a look.

They had more Eley Target (which is subsonic based on advertised velocity) and Winchester "40 Max" Subsonic HP than I could count at $6.99 / 50.

They also had a good bit of Eley Subsonic HP that was $9.99 / 50.

Thanks for stopping. I may try to get down there tomorrow.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Dick's in Bel Air has a decent stock of Federal Automatch, as well as a few other varieties. Not the greatest prices, of course, but the stock was there. I had sort of given up on them. Between rude help and no stock, I haven't been there in awhile. The help was still useless today, so that part hasn't changed.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Thanks for stopping. I may try to get down there tomorrow.

Good luck!

And here I sit with 750 rounds of subsonic .22lr (well, 1250 if you count that brick of CCI standard that I forgot I had), a brand new Ruger American Rimfire bolt gun, and my goshdarn rimfire can is still going to be in jail for another month.

Oh well, at least I'll be ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom