• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    As the title says...skipped the mile long show wait and stopped in a long reliable LGS for a .22 for $380 OTD which I thought ironic since it’s a Ruger LCP II in .22LR, best known for .380.

Love my original gen 1 LCP, bought it around 10yrs ago, this should be a nice companion piece.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    As the title says...skipped the mile long show wait and stopped in a long reliable LGS for a .22 for $380 OTD which I thought ironic since it’s a Ruger LCP II in .22LR, best known for .380.

Love my original gen 1 LCP, bought it around 10yrs ago, this should be a nice companion piece.

The actual .380 build of the LCP II is quite an improvement over the original. Highly recommended if you like the little pocket designs. I think that .22 flavor you just got has only been out a few months. Thought about getting one - it's a good trainer for its centerfire big (but still little!) brother.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    The actual .380 build of the LCP II is quite an improvement over the original. Highly recommended if you like the little pocket designs. I think that .22 flavor you just got has only been out a few months. Thought about getting one - it's a good trainer for its centerfire big (but still little!) brother.

Big difference in sights and trigger on the II. Painted the front sight in my original, added CT Lasergrips, and 2 round mag extensions right after I bought it and it’s been a nice shooter since.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    The actual .380 build of the LCP II is quite an improvement over the original. Highly recommended if you like the little pocket designs.

Agreed. I had the original LCP and the anniversary LCP and they don't compare to the LCP II. I hope the .22 is as good.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Agreed. I had the original LCP and the anniversary LCP and they don't compare to the LCP II. I hope the .22 is as good.

It’s probably my 15th or so Ruger product I’ve had in my stable over time, they’ve never done me wrong in many platforms. May make me consider replacing the .380 1st gen with a II.

Side note- this is my first 77r process since 2013, pretty cool how I could do the MSP piece on my phone while standing there. The shop was good about walking me through the process which was really simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom