• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Please share your opinion of this Glock model. Would you recommend it to someone who would only own one .45 ACP in his/her entire collection?

:thumbsup:

Zombie_013

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 30, 2011
    Germantown, MD
    Please share your opinion of this Glock model. Would you recommend it to someone who would only own one .45 ACP in his/her entire collection?

I have a G21 Gen 4. I put almost 1300 through her without a single ft or fte. If I could only pick one 45, I would get a 1911 Colt.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    After shooting one on thursday for a while, if it was for me - no, just didn't feel good to me. For someone else, I'd say at least try it out.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    I love my G21 SF (Gen III, Ambi mag release, Popo Pack).
    I shoot the shit out of it.
    Put 300 rounds through it this afternoon at the range.
    Points and shoots naturally for me.

YMMV

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I'll just leave this here:

coltm1911.jpg

:innocent0

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Gen 3 26 has the same recoil spring like the Gen 4 - yet no problems in that model.

I've read that the G21SF had extraction issues.

At the end of the day, anyone with an "issue" posted it online and the effects were multiplied.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    If you are only own one .45 then the 1911 is it! Z/28, you left out the Japs. Two World Wars, Korea, Viet Nam and countless smaller conflicts... the 1911 is proven.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I hear ya. The grip texture on the gen 4 kinda digs into the hand...not being a puss, just sayin'

For me it wasn't even the texture, just the size/blocky feeling of the grip and the trigger - between the 2 I was constantly shooting low at first, but after a few rounds I was hitting POA/POI.

If someones only going to have one .45, it makes the short list to try out and see how it fits.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I am also looking into one of these. I was going to drive up to Dan today to check out a 21SF or Gen 4 and compare it to my G21 grip but I'm sick :-(

I'm still deciding between the Gen 4 and Gen 3 SF. Does anyone know...do the current Gen3 G21 SFs have ambi mag releases still? What about pic rail as opposed to glock rail? Or were those things only in the past?

The one thing I like about the Gen 4 is the grip is a little more aggressive...which helps with such a thick gun.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Awesome pistol, assuming it fits your hand, and the texture feels OK, I prefer the gen3 SF models myself, some prefer the M&Ps, another great design. If you are looking for a defensive pistol, there isn't much that can hang with then, if you want something different, then there are plenty of other designs.

I'll just leave this here:

broken-parts-300x225.jpg

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    Awesome pistol, assuming it fits your hand, and the texture feels OK, I prefer the gen3 SF models myself, some prefer the M&Ps, another great design. If you are looking for a defensive pistol, there isn't much that can hang with then, if you want something different, then there are plenty of other designs.

Why do you prefer the Gen 3 SF over a Gen 4?

RaVis

Oi!
    Jun 19, 2011
    You know, from everything I've read the Gen 4 improvements on the 21 model are a success. The backstrap choices, lower felt recoil due to the new spring, larger mag release, and grip texture... all these actually worked on this one. I haven't read a complaint yet about extraction issues or any other malfunctions. Hickok did a good "torture" test of 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom