• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGALUG

Aug 13, 2009
    Harford County
    Great post, thank you.
    I've been looking to get into MG's and this show sounds like it would be a great starting point.
    Sending email now.

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    Can't wait till next Saturday but I have a feeling the bank account isn't gonna look as healthy the week after :lol2:

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Can't wait till next Saturday but I have a feeling the bank account isn't gonna look as healthy the week after :lol2:

Nothing is for sale there... so you might be ok for a bit until you can find what you found out that you like for sale somewhere else!

I think we will have some really cool stuff this year. I know I am bringing, a Tree, a MG made by Bicycle makers, a Bonsai MG, enough brass to supply an orchestra, a Mattel gun, an elephant gun... etc. I just don't know if I can fit it all in my Durango!

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    The open house is indoors so it doesn't affect that at all. Two years ago (?) it was pouring and we were still all there.

We still shoot afterwards even in the rain but that will undoubtedly cause some folks to go home after the indoor part. I'll admit that its started raining sideways once at an event and that caused most of us to pack up a little early and go home. The awnings on the firing lines typ keep us dry enough to stay out there and have fun.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Today was another great show and open house. Kudos to Paul and the rest of MDTCA leadership for a job well done. It was great seeing some new, young faces gaining exposure to class 3 arms. As usual, members were generous in allowing folks to fire their arms and ammo. We even had a mini-MDS meetup!

If anyone is even the least bit curious about the class 3 world, check out the Maryland Thompson Collectors Association.

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    The amount of awesomeness in that room was definitely impressive :party29:I was on call for work and had to leave literally 15 mins after I got there:sad20:

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Today was another great show and open house. Kudos to Paul and the rest of MDTCA leadership for a job well done. It was great seeing some new, young faces gaining exposure to class 3 arms. As usual, members were generous in allowing folks to fire their arms and ammo. We even had a mini-MDS meetup!

JohnnyE got it right. As a newbie to the Class 3 world, I was welcomed, learning a great deal about some really interesting guns. And, at the shoot, the I appreciated the experienced people taking time away from their own enjoyment to watch over and coach us through the certification process. That was top notch!

Thanks to N3uka, rsideout, and Collector98 who let me (and my son) shoot some awesome guns.

A great way to spend an otherwise miserably rainy day!!

JoeR

Collector98

Jan 18, 2015
    JohnnyE got it right. As a newbie to the Class 3 world, I was welcomed, learning a great deal about some really interesting guns. And, at the shoot, the I appreciated the experienced people taking time away from their own enjoyment to watch over and coach us through the certification process. That was top notch!

Thanks to N3uka, rsideout, and Collector98 who let me (and my son) shoot some awesome guns.

JoeR
    I'm glad you were able to make it out and have some fun!

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

JoeR
    Good seeing you again JoeR. I'm glad that you and your son had a good time!

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    It was another good show and shoot despite the rain and then the cold. My voice hurt that evening I talked so much. I had a good time and got to talk to a lot of people. Let the shooting year begin!

I did not get a video this year but one of the other guys did:

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    It was another good show and shoot despite the rain and then the cold. My voice hurt that evening I talked so much. I had a good time and got to talk to a lot of people. Let the shooting year begin!

I did not get a video this year but one of the other guys did:

:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom