• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    “…intentional acts..” may be excluded from home policy. Don‘t know for sure.
    Oh there are several cookie cutter exclusions and intentional acts certainly are Among them.

Fortunately, people don’t typically intend to hit a pedestrian outside a crosswalk or shoot an innocent bystander during a justifiable act of self defense.

Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    I’m just going on record right now. I will request my representative to make every man (and woman???) insure their dicks for rape.

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    On the other side of the country this past summer, a generic gun liability insurance law in San Jose prevailed at the district court level (after what sounds like BS during the proceedings):

"We had to change gears and the judge had to change gears and apply a different legal standard that came down from the U.S. Supreme Court," [city pro bono lawyer] Prevost said. "The ordinance had to be evaluated based on historic precedent, what the framers in the 1800s would have thought of at the time, and whether an ordinance has historic roots as it were."

With the change, Brady, a nonprofit that pushes for gun safety, was looked to by the court to weigh in.

The federal judge ruled Thursday that the insurance requirement for gun owners does not restrict gun firearm possession or use.

The PDF order granting the city's motion to dismiss is linked here.

The NJ case seems more on point to the MD law, but we'll have to see (we are in the 4th Circuit, after all, which hates gun owners - despite what that crackpot law prof Joseph Blocher claims).

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Pro-tip: Check w/your homeowners insurance agency. Adding increased liability coverage on my homeowners policy was significantly less expensive than adding the liability coverage on my CCW Safe plan-- and it covers me in all US States and territories and world-wide.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    I’m just going on record right now. I will request my representative to make every man (and woman???) insure their dicks for rape.
    There was an STD/AIDS exclusion added back in the 80s and is still hanging on.

Like the water bed liability was specifically included in the 70s as a gimmick coverage.

I always get a kick out of that one! :lol2:

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    Pro-tip: Check w/your homeowners insurance agency. Adding increased liability coverage on my homeowners policy was significantly less expensive than adding the liability coverage on my CCW Safe plan-- and it covers me in all US States and territories and world-wide.
    + an umbrella if you have any net worth whatsoever.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    This is nothing more than the MGA’s continued war on law abiding MD gun owners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    I'm not complying with this and I will continue carrying if this passes, I'm willing to swear it under oath if MSI needs a plaintiff.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Firearms - Liability Insurance - Public Wearing and Carrying
    Here's the biggest joke in the bill:

A COURT MAY NOT FIND A PERSON GUILTY OF VIOLATING THIS SECTION IF, BEFORE THE CONCLUSION OF THE TRIAL FOR AN ALLEGED VIOLATION OF THIS SECTION, THE PERSON SUBMITS PROOF TO THE COURT AND THE STATE’S ATTORNEY THAT THE PERSON HAS OBTAINED AND IS CURRENTLY COVERED BY THE LIABILITY INSURANCE REQUIRED UNDER THIS SECTION TO PROSPECTIVELY INSURE AGAINST THE PERSON’S LIABILITY ARISING FROM THE PERSON’S USE OR STORAGE OF A FIREARM.

So- if arrested, you buy a policy before your court date, and the state MUST drop the charges.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Does firearm liability insurance even exist?
    Joke #2- The NRA sells insurance.

1705713415222.jpeg

NRA Endorsed Member Benefits was founded in January 2000, and has been providing valuable insurance and security solutions exclusively to NRA members and their families. We provide Property & Liability plans as well as Life, Health and Accident plans to all members.

This could vastly expand NRA Membership for Maryland residents.

1705713620045.gif

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Joke #2- The NRA sells insurance.

View attachment 450283

NRA Endorsed Member Benefits was founded in January 2000, and has been providing valuable insurance and security solutions exclusively to NRA members and their families. We provide Property & Liability plans as well as Life, Health and Accident plans to all members.

This could vastly expand NRA Membership for Maryland residents.

View attachment 450284
    I don’t think this exists anymore.

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom