• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    Hopefully a new shiny object or two (non firearm related) will attract their attention away from this.

Personally, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Harvey Weinstein story continues to snowball, getting uglier and uglier. That would push just about everything else out of the headlines, methinks.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    MSNBC Republican: 'You're a Bad Parent If You Have a Gun in the House'
    By Brad Wilmouth | October 4, 2017 10:33 AM EDT

"On Tuesday's The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell, frequent MSNBC Republican guest David Frum lamented over the trend towards loosening gun laws -- even after high-profile mass shootings -- and then predicted that it would be necessary to convince gun owners that "you're a bad parent if you have a gun in the house" to get the public to support more gun restrictions..."

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...blican-youre-bad-parent-if-you-have-gun-house

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    22281682_1172837596183562_8802652808451077990_n.jpg

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Seems like the country doesn't have the stomach for more gun control. We'll see. The fly in the ointment is the bumpfire stock. Even people who are moderately pro-2A don't see a need for that. I think those are going bye-bye. I don't know that anything else will get accomplished. Not on a national level, anyway.
    The philosophy right now seems to be to throw the dogs some red meat (Bump Stocks) to quiet them down...

Meanwhile Frosh & Company can't wait until the Merry-Land General Assembly to take more of our bones away...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    MSNBC Republican: 'You're a Bad Parent If You Have a Gun in the House'
    By Brad Wilmouth | October 4, 2017 10:33 AM EDT

"On Tuesday's The Last Word with Lawrence O'Donnell, frequent MSNBC Republican guest David Frum lamented over the trend towards loosening gun laws -- even after high-profile mass shootings -- and then predicted that it would be necessary to convince gun owners that "you're a bad parent if you have a gun in the house" to get the public to support more gun restrictions..."

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/n...blican-youre-bad-parent-if-you-have-gun-house

Funny, my kids think I'm a bad parent if I don't take them to the range.....

The philosophy right now seems to be to throw the dogs some red meat (Bump Stocks) to quiet them down...

Meanwhile Frosh & Company can't wait until the Merry-Land General Assembly to take more of our bones away...

We need the Kolbe case now more than ever. I'm sure Maryland will find something to make life more inconvenient for us.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Funny, my kids think I'm a bad parent if I don't take them to the range.....

We need the Kolbe case now more than ever. I'm sure Maryland will find something to make life more inconvenient for us.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

One thing that's striking is that every chance they get, the anti's bring out the same, rehearsed, "We need some common sense gun control," ignoring the fact that there already are hundreds, if not thousands of gun control laws already.

But we don't highlight that they already got what they wanted, but it's never enough for them.

There's a long enough pattern now of incremental infringements, for the NRA and other 2A organization to point to the history and ask the question, "If all you want is 'common sense' gun control, what is the basis for the XXXX gun control laws we already have? 'Non-sense'? "

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

One thing that's striking is that every chance they get, the anti's bring out the same, rehearsed, "We need some common sense gun control," ignoring the fact that there already are hundreds, if not thousands of gun control laws already.

But we don't highlight that they already got what they wanted, but it's never enough for them.

There's a long enough pattern now of incremental infringements, for the NRA and other 2A organization to point to the history and ask the question, "If all you want is 'common sense' gun control, what is the basis for the XXXX gun control laws we already have? 'Non-sense'? "
    In the case of Maryland, all they ever do is make things more inconvenient. I go to DE, VA or PA to buy magazines. I can only store 5lbs of powder in my house at one time. I have powder at my neighbors, in-laws, mother's and brother's houses. I had to buy a whole bunch of guns I never realized I needed in 2013. I spent about $7000. I have to make the guns I want into pistols or SBRs to circumvent certain restrictions. None of it really affects my ability to get what I want. It just makes it annoying. Of course, none of it really affects criminals. It's only inconvenient because I am actually following the laws. The criminals are still doing exactly what they have always done and are blissfully unaware of any new regulations.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

We literally have all but maybe 1 or two senate votes for reciprocity. They cannot just give away bump stocks for nothing in return
    No way.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Nope. No more gun control. Not one more inch. I heard Cardin braying away on WMAL... The correct answer is no! In fact I want the Hitler based GCA of 68 repealed. And the NFA act...And they can take their background checks and stick them where the sun don't shine.
    How about mental health checks, drug screening and background checks for every Con Gress person, staffer, senator etc? Seems to me that they do more damage to the country than all the (100 million plus) gun owners combined.
    Time we all stopped sitting still for the erosian of a Constitutional RIGHT. Write them. Fax them. Call them. You know the organized left will be, it is time to drown out their voices.

I could not agree more.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

I think that they've been doing the same thing often enough and recently enough that the majority of even dimly aware people see the script that's being read from by certain politicians (I'm looking at you Feinberg and Hoyer.). It's now 100% predictable, and the outraged reaction is being read sooner and sooner. One day they will screw up and bring out the scripted reaction before the precipitating event. That will be the proof in everyone's mind.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    In the case of Maryland, all they ever do is make things more inconvenient. I go to DE, VA or PA to buy magazines. I can only store 5lbs of powder in my house at one time. I have powder at my neighbors, in-laws, mother's and brother's houses. I had to buy a whole bunch of guns I never realized I needed in 2013. I spent about $7000. I have to make the guns I want into pistols or SBRs to circumvent certain restrictions. None of it really affects my ability to get what I want. It just makes it annoying. Of course, none of it really affects criminals. It's only inconvenient because I am actually following the laws. The criminals are still doing exactly what they have always done and are blissfully unaware of any new regulations.

We can make them aware, by erecting statues to Martin O'Mao where Baltimore's Robert E. Lee statues once stood, with O'Mao holding in his hands a tablet with FSA2013 chiseled in stone. Since everyone was acutely aware of and offended by Lee statues, the new homages to O'Mao and dictates of FSA2013 surely will be known to all. :rolleyes:

Of course, it still won't matter to those criminals still bold enough to commit their heinous acts with a firearm, because the first things prosecutors always drop are the gun charges -- unless it's an otherwise law-abiding citizen who just owns guns and innocently slips up.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Got this lovely e-mail full of bull dooky from our friend Kevin Kamenetz.

:puke2:

Dr. M. --

This week’s incident in Las Vegas was horrific and heartbreaking. We are saddened by the losses caused by the act of a madman. And we are grateful for the courageous efforts of those whose help saved so many. They are heroes in every sense of the word.

My heartfelt sympathies and prayers remain with the many victims and families of the violence in Las Vegas. Sadly, offering these condolences has become increasingly routine and that is a tragedy in itself. We cannot become numb to events like these. This is not normal and it is unacceptable.

This has to end. And it starts with us.

The founding fathers granted Americans the right to bear arms but, like any other right in the Constitution, that right is subject to reasonable limits that will keep all Americans safe from a threat that the founding fathers could never have imagined.

Marylanders -- and people all across our nation -- should not have access to weapons of war. Assault rifles and automatic weapons used to battle the Taliban or ISIS have no place in our communities, whether it is in Towson or Takoma Park, in Baltimore or Bowie, in Salisbury or Silver Spring.

Today we continue to mourn the lives that were lost, pray for the injured, and share our deepest sympathies with all those impacted by this unconscionable attack.

Tomorrow we must act. As a nation, we must take responsible and common-sense steps to stop the disease of gun violence.

Enough is enough. We must take action to prevent violence like what happened in Las Vegas, at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, and at Sandy Hook, and at Virginia Tech. Laws to limit access to weapons of mass destruction must be addressed by Congress.

After the events in Newtown, Maryland took steps to expand gun safety, including banning a wide array of assault weapons and establishing fingerprinting requirements -- efforts I was proud to advocate for and support.

Following this massacre, we must work together to improve the safety of all our communities and prevent the next tragedy from tearing families apart.

Because if not now, when?

Kevin

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Got this lovely e-mail full of bull dooky from our friend Kevin Kamenetz.

:puke2:

Dr. M. --

This week’s incident in Las Vegas was horrific and heartbreaking. We are saddened by the losses caused by the act of a madman. And we are grateful for the courageous efforts of those whose help saved so many. They are heroes in every sense of the word.

My heartfelt sympathies and prayers remain with the many victims and families of the violence in Las Vegas. Sadly, offering these condolences has become increasingly routine and that is a tragedy in itself. We cannot become numb to events like these. This is not normal and it is unacceptable.

This has to end. And it starts with us.

The founding fathers granted Americans the right to bear arms but, like any other right in the Constitution, that right is subject to reasonable limits that will keep all Americans safe from a threat that the founding fathers could never have imagined.

Marylanders -- and people all across our nation -- should not have access to weapons of war. Assault rifles and automatic weapons used to battle the Taliban or ISIS have no place in our communities, whether it is in Towson or Takoma Park, in Baltimore or Bowie, in Salisbury or Silver Spring.

Today we continue to mourn the lives that were lost, pray for the injured, and share our deepest sympathies with all those impacted by this unconscionable attack.

Tomorrow we must act. As a nation, we must take responsible and common-sense steps to stop the disease of gun violence.

Enough is enough. We must take action to prevent violence like what happened in Las Vegas, at the Pulse nightclub in Orlando, and at Sandy Hook, and at Virginia Tech. Laws to limit access to weapons of mass destruction must be addressed by Congress.

After the events in Newtown, Maryland took steps to expand gun safety, including banning a wide array of assault weapons and establishing fingerprinting requirements -- efforts I was proud to advocate for and support.

Following this massacre, we must work together to improve the safety of all our communities and prevent the next tragedy from tearing families apart.

Because if not now, when?

Kevin

State Facts and Statistics not emotions,lastly what gun control measure wouldve stopped this massacre?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom