• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    So in my other thread, I asked for trail camera recommendations because I lost one, and I could use another for another spot. I was out hanging stands over the weekend, and I found the one I thought I lost....still stuck to the tree I left it on! Must have forgotten to take it down when I pulled my stand out.

So anyways, I got ~400 pictures I didn't know I had from last season. This one was pretty cool. It was foggy after a rain, so it's a little blurry. This guy's brow tines are insane for the rest of his rack. Unfortunately the batteries ran out in January, so I don't have anything between now and then.

Attachments

• 042.jpg
      042.jpg
      67.1 KB · Views: 459

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I thought about dropping one of the foxes in my back yard, but I think I'm going to hold off for the 10 pointer if he shows his horns ever again. Shame I can't hunt at 2:30 in the morning...

mark71211

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2012
    Edgewater
    I thought about dropping one of the foxes in my back yard, but I think I'm going to hold off for the 10 pointer if he shows his horns ever again. Shame I can't hunt at 2:30 in the morning...

Is there someone standing out there at 2:30 am telling that you can't? Remember it's only illegal if you get caught.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    And don't shoot any foxes out of season either, plus you need the furbearer permit as well. Any in-season foxes, I will buy off you, don't waste them. I have a fur dealer lisc. I know some kill them to save bunnies or whatever, but geeze wait till the season opens or the fur is prime ( in case you hunt in Charles or Dorchester).

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I won't shoot anything illegal. I will wait for the appropriate time, with the correct license. No need for going to bed next to Bubba for the 5-7 years.

outrider58

Loves Red Balloons
    MDS Supporter
    And don't shoot any foxes out of season either, plus you need the furbearer permit as well. Any in-season foxes, I will buy off you, don't waste them. I have a fur dealer lisc. I know some kill them to save bunnies or whatever, but geeze wait till the season opens or the fur is prime ( in case you hunt in Charles or Dorchester).

If I catch them eating my farmer's chickens, They are F'n DOA.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any fawns this year. I hope that's not an omen. We did see that coyote in the back yard a few weeks ago.

Oh no...

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    If I catch them eating my farmer's chickens, They are F'n DOA.

The only exception! LOL
    BTW there used to be something in the hunting/trapping booklet about killing foxes, etc if caught depredating, something like "nothing in this section shall prohibit the taking of [list of allowed furbearers] when they are caught in the act of depredating livestock or poultry". For some reason I can't find it in recent books. The stuff about removing raccoons destroying muskrat huts, and removing raccoons and possums year round that are causing problems, by either landowner or their agent, are still there. I also don't know about if a mink or weasel is killing chickens, and you see it, if you can shoot it.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any fawns this year. I hope that's not an omen. We did see that coyote in the back yard a few weeks ago.

Oh no...

I havent seen as many this year for some reason out west here... I havent seen any deer come in on my game came in the last few days either...something has got them stirred up/nocturnal...then I go to check my game cam from a couple days ago and it appears the batteries completely died or the camera died. I didnt have a set of batteries to try it out so I lost out on some good pics for the last couple days.

I did have a cow elk and baby come in last night...figures its not bow season till the 6th:sad20: Still a neat encounter.

hard_core_emt

Mar 21, 2010
    Oakland, MD
    Getting a Bear on camera is getting to be the norm around here ... But to get a Sow with 5 cubs ... well that's pretty amazing .

Attachments

• WGI_0539.jpg
      WGI_0539.jpg
      139.8 KB · Views: 245

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads