• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I hit a ton of nice 'gills today on the fly. A local pond I finally have access to.

Attachments

• 20150712_180847.jpg
      20150712_180847.jpg
      80.3 KB · Views: 245

mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    This is the lake I'm talking about, not Lake Serene. We visited yesterday, but only managed to snag one bluegill. 39.44860, -76.31579

I also visited Atkisson Dam but only got 1 bite.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    This is some hard core BS. Been out with the kids for 2 hours and ZERO bites. Forget about caught fish. ZERO bites. :mad54:

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    Spent last week in Corolla, NC. (OBX) Hit the surf a few days and caught kingfish, spot, and croaker. Had something jump on one of my poles and take off. Cut my line after about 5 secs. Most likely a shark, but could have been a nice Red...

Also spent some time inshore fishing. Was slow but landed a few flounder, blues, and speckled trout. None keepers, but fun none the less.

Dec 31, 2012
    Mariner point park.

Granted I suck at fishing anyway, but every time we come here we at least carch 5 or 6 minnows, lol
    I've never fished Mariner but I frequently fish across the river from there. As a kid I fished the train bridge area extensively and further up in Bird River. Always lots of small perch caught on worms and the occasional larger catfish. Best when the tide is moving.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    Mariner point park.

Granted I suck at fishing anyway, but every time we come here we at least carch 5 or 6 minnows, lol

If you're just looking to have some fun and catch some fish, you might have better luck in a pond. Bluegill are good fighters for their size and they are a lot of fun for kids, plus you might find some bass in there too. I hit my local pond when I can't get to the trout streams, and I'm perfectly happy to catch a dozen or so bluegill to get my fishing fix.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If you're just looking to fave some fun and catch some fish, you might have better luck in a pond. Bluegill are good fighters for their size and they are a lot of fun for kids, plus you might find some bass in there too. I hit my local pond when I can't get to the trout streams, and I'm perfectly happy to catch a dozen or so bluegill to get my fishing fix.

Idk where any ponds are. I live in baltimore.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    Idk where any ponds are. I live in baltimore.

I can't really help you there unless you want to drive to Harford County, but I use google maps to scout ponds and streams. Business parks are good places to check for stormwater drainage ponds. They will probably hold some fish and if you go on a weekend, no one is likely to be around to give you a hard time about fishing there.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Are you fishing them on the bottom or with a float? Can you cast out to any kind of structure? Like next to a weed bed, logs, trees, etc.

My.one son is fishing on the bottom. The rest of us are using bobbers. Haven't used much bait. I can cast out 10 times and not lose a worm, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom