Minnows, then?

basically.
    "Hey dad, is this a keeper?"

10317475-large.jpg

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Actually there are 2 of them. 9 and 11. We live near Parkville.

Have you ever tried fishing below Conowingo dam? Big catfish thatare very easy to catch. My schedule is a bit tight til the end of July but I'd love to meet you guys up there. BTW, the dam would be about a 45 min. trip for you.

Dec 31, 2012
    Have you ever tried fishing below Conowingo dam? Big catfish thatare very easy to catch. My schedule is a bit tight til the end of July but I'd love to meet you guys up there. BTW, the dam would be about a 45 min. trip for you.
    You're not kidding about the big catfish. We we're camping at Susquehanna and went fishing while there. My daughter hooked a monster catfish. I couldn't wrap my hand around even the thinnest portion of the tail.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

Yeah, I know where the dam is. I can get there a little faster than that:innocent0

The two places we've been fishing are off a little pier near gunpowder cove marina and also on a boat that left from dundee creek. I'm not sure exactly where we went but it was with a coworker. His son in law captained the boat and must have thought he was the fish whisperer. Every 15 minutes we'd move. "This is the spot," he'd say. Didn't catch diddly squat in 5 hours...

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Yeah, I know where the dam is. I can get there a little faster than that:innocent0

The two places we've been fishing are off a little pier near gunpowder cove marina and also on a boat that left from dundee creek. I'm not sure exactly where we went but it was with a coworker. His son in law captained the boat and must have thought he was the fish whisperer. Every 15 minutes we'd move. "This is the spot," he'd say. Didn't catch diddly squat in 5 hours...

:thumbsup:

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    This past Sunday, we got into a lot of perch in the bay near the South River using bloodworms on a oyster bed in 22-25 feet of water.

We caught 44 fish overall in a three hour period, 38 perch (7-11+ inches), 4 undersized rockfish (11-13 inches), and 2 jumbo spot (about 8")

We kept 18 perch in the 9-11-inch range.

On Tuesday, we had a killer dinner of crab & perch fillets

mckraut

Apr 14, 2009
    Abingdon, MD
    Does anyone fish that lake off of Lakeside Blvd in Edgewood? I understand that people do fish there, but I didn't feel welcome the one time I went. It's not exactly a public park.

cpc1027

Jun 25, 2010
    Sparks
    I'll be spending the weekend at the Appalachian Tenkara Jam in Hereford: talking Tenkara fly fishing, probably buying some new gear, and doing some fishing in the Gunpowder et al. with people from all over the East Coast. Weather looks decent and it should be a good time!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    This past Sunday, we got into a lot of perch in the bay near the South River using bloodworms on a oyster bed in 22-25 feet of water.

We caught 44 fish overall in a three hour period, 38 perch (7-11+ inches), 4 undersized rockfish (11-13 inches), and 2 jumbo spot (about 8")

We kept 18 perch in the 9-11-inch range.

On Tuesday, we had a killer dinner of crab & perch fillets

:drool:

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Does anyone fish that lake off of Lakeside Blvd in Edgewood? I understand that people do fish there, but I didn't feel welcome the one time I went. It's not exactly a public park.

Stay away from heroin lake! Seriously dude, needles and crap everywhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom