• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    From my house to the American Legion Bridge is roughly 20 minutes. Can you recommend some spots on the potomac? I have never fished it. Growing up, we were usually on the Bay.

Lake Needwood is close, but when I went last year there were signs saying to not touch the water due to some kind of chemical or bacteria.

Toxic algae bloom. Likely caused by the major rehab of the Rock Creek sewage line, which I think is done now.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    The canal near great falls on the Maryland side has decent fishing. Take a trip up river road to Seneca and above along the Potomac for large and small mouth. Way up north, point of rocks area, lots of good small mouth. Monocacy river has great small mouth fishing and is a nice float in kayak or canoe.

Lower Potomac has a lot of large catfish when you get into the deep water with car size boulders and all the debris.
    Thanks, I might head up there on Saturday with my daughter. If I park at the big lot at Carderock, should the fishing be alright? Might load up the bike and trailer so we can move a bit.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Daughter and I went down to the C&O today. I will def be back! We didn't catch crap, but fishing with a three year old is a mix of untangling line trying to figure out where she can take a leak.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Two week ends ago on the Potomac I fished a 2 day tnx called the SQT with MBN. I was 2 pounds out of the lead after day one and day two I couldn't pull it out. I was on the right fish I just couldn't get five bites. To make it worse on day two I caught a 6.52 pounder and had lunker for the day, but I did not get in the money for lunker and it cost me 410 bucks. Ended up with almost 10 pounds with two fish on day two. Day one I had 12.28 with 5 fish. There was a full moon Saturday night and a lot o big fish moved up and bigge fish were being caught on day two. The guy that took second on the boater side was fishing the same area as I and 2nd and 1st made the state team.

This week end I'm fishing the Mr. Bass tnx out of Dundee. Only caught 3 fish today but they are the right kind, I would be in first if I had got 2 more of what we were catching.
    My rider caught his limit of 3 and had 9.88, he's in the running on the rider side to take first or second and make the state team. I need to have a big sack tomorrow to do anything. I need 18-20 lbs which is not likely but I give it an anglers try.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту

We biked down to Georgetown and she slammed my camalbak which was in the bike trailer with her. After visiting Georgetown we rode back up the canal. Got back to the car and she had to take a leak every 20 min.

Later on she was laughing about it, and jokingly asking me if I knew why she had to pee so much, and when I asked why, jokingly saying she drank all the cqmalbak. Kids, gotta love them!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Daughter and I went down to the C&O today. I will def be back! We didn't catch crap, but fishing with a three year old is a mix of untangling line trying to figure out where she can take a leak.

Daughter knew how to go #1 and #2 in the woods by the time she was five. Ain't girls fun?:D

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Daughter knew how to go #1 and #2 in the woods by the time she was five. Ain't girls fun?:D

My daughter is getting there. She doesn't have the squat quite right yet and will pee onto her pants. Basically, when we are in the woods we just have to find a secluded enough place for her to piss.

My son, 4, on the other hand, is a master of peeing everywhere. We were in our front yard and I look over and he is getting ready piss on a tree. In a Ward Clever tone, I said "Son, you know you are not suppose to pee in the front yard. Now, pull up your pants and go to the backyard :D"

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My daughter is getting there. She doesn't have the squat quite right yet and will pee onto her pants.

My son, 4, on the other hand, is a master of peeing everywhere. We in our front yard and I look over and he is getting ready piss on a tree. In a Ward Clever tone, I said "Son, you know you are not suppose to pee in the front yard. Now, pull up your pants and go to the backyard :D"

Boys are born to pee where they will. Requires no training whatsoever :lol2:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My daughter is getting there. She doesn't have the squat quite right yet and will pee onto her pants. Basically, when we are in the woods we just have to find a secluded enough place for her to piss.

My son, 4, on the other hand, is a master of peeing everywhere. We were in our front yard and I look over and he is getting ready piss on a tree. In a Ward Clever tone, I said "Son, you know you are not suppose to pee in the front yard. Now, pull up your pants and go to the backyard :D"

Kids are a ball at that age. Too bad they turn into teenagers.:lol:

acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    went rockfishing out of chesapeake beach on the helen-r charter yesterday. 6 of us on the boat, we caught 29 fish, we all got our 2 fish limit. most of the fish were 19" - 19 3/4" hahaha. largest was 25", all perfect easting fish. was a good time. my best was 23" will post a picture when i get them from the man who brought a camera.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    went rockfishing out of chesapeake beach on the helen-r charter yesterday. 6 of us on the boat, we caught 29 fish, we all got our 2 fish limit. most of the fish were 19" - 19 3/4" hahaha. largest was 25", all perfect easting fish. was a good time. my best was 23" will post a picture when i get them from the man who brought a camera.

We wrecked them Saturday a little north of CB, most were 24-30". A few shorts, but most over 20'' to keep.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    Fished the mouth of the Wicomico and pulled in some good cats and a few mixed croaker. Fishing should be turning on in the next week or two in the smaller rivers. Can't wait for those 50 white perch days.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    We wrecked them Saturday a little north of CB, most were 24-30". A few shorts, but most over 20'' to keep.

Now's a good time to start jigging big-medium sized Bass Assassins. It's as much fun as it gets.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    They were hot in the Susky this morning!

Attachments

• 20150525_065821.jpg
      20150525_065821.jpg
      70.6 KB · Views: 236

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads