• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Trust me, this woman is dumb as a box of rocks. She has absolutely no ability to speak in front of the committee, she has no grasp of the facts and metrics of this topic.

She got elected because of demography.

Remember that the one advantage of playing defense is that we get to speak after the proponents. Her testimony can be disassembled by anyone who assembles a couple of factual arguments.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Get in touch with the entire House regarding this bill. Emails and phone calls, stat. Don't let up.

Email tool - http://actionmail.ksconline.net/

Phone numbers - http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=100704

I just E-mailed all senators and delegates. I tried to point out to them that "assault weapons" are not our problem and that we should be focusing on the illegal gun market and keeping violent offenders locked up for far longer than we are. I know that most of them will probably ignore it, but it's another voice in the (hopefully) growing cacophony.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    Emails great...

Phone calls even better...

Personal visits?

Priceless.

Patrick, I'm currently on a compressed (4-day a week) work schedule, and living in Columbia. It would be no great inconvenience for me to drive up to Annapolis for a few afternoons and engage people face to face. Are there any particular people you would recommend me talking to, or any particular times you would recommend me talking to them?

Feel free to PM/E-mail me if you like.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Patrick, I'm currently on a compressed (4-day a week) work schedule, and living in Columbia. It would be no great inconvenience for me to drive up to Annapolis for a few afternoons and engage people face to face. Are there any particular people you would recommend me talking to, or any particular times you would recommend me talking to them?

Feel free to PM/E-mail me if you like.

This bill will go before the House Judiciary Committee at some point in the next month or so an our best chance to kill it will be in that committee. Contact those people specifically and let them know that you oppose it. If it dies in committee, chances are incredibly slim (though not impossible) that it'll pass this year.

Priority is on the HJC at this point with this particular bill, but we want to let every single Delegate/Senator know that we will not, under any circumstances, support gun control legislation. The heat needs to be turned up and kept on them for the entirety of the next three months. We cannot let up on them because we know for certain that they won't let up on us.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    My e-mail to all,

I would urge you to oppose HB 107 or any similar bill. HB 107 does nothing to prevent crime or senseless shootings. All it will do is create problems for normal law abiding citizens (voters). Most common handguns used by many police departments and law abiding citizens today come from the manufacturer with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds. If someone is determined to break existing laws and wreck havoc, does it matter if they have five 20 round magazines or, ten, 10 round magazines? Instead of regulating firearms and accessories, please do more to enforce laws that are already on the books and prosecute criminals who use firearms illegally to the fullest extent possible. Mandatory sentencing for any crime involving a firearm with no plea bargaining or reduced sentencing possible would be a good start. Criminals don’t buy guns from licensed dealers or at gun shows; they buy them on the street. Anything that would further restrict my ability to lawfully purchase and own firearms is unacceptable.

I believe somewhat short and to the point is more likely to get noticed.

LeadSled1

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 25, 2009
    MD
    It removes the citizen's right to bear arms as you can not bear your arm without a magazine.

I would really like to know the legal clarification of if a magazine is considered a part of a gun when in use or is it a separate entity?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I led in with an email, and then asked for info on how to schedule an appointment within the email. I even offered to take them to the range on my dime, if they want to understand what they're legislating.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    This bill will go before the House Judiciary Committee at some point in the next month or so an our best chance to kill it will be in that committee. Contact those people specifically and let them know that you oppose it. If it dies in committee, chances are incredibly slim (though not impossible) that it'll pass this year.

Priority is on the HJC at this point with this particular bill, but we want to let every single Delegate/Senator know that we will not, under any circumstances, support gun control legislation. The heat needs to be turned up and kept on them for the entirety of the next three months. We cannot let up on them because we know for certain that they won't let up on us.

PM sent for advice and suggestions. Anything I can do to help....

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Get in touch with the entire House regarding this bill. Emails and phone calls, stat. Don't let up.

Email tool - http://actionmail.ksconline.net/

Phone numbers - http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=100704

Great links, thanks!

Any comments on this message to our elected representatives?

Dear Public Servant:

Please be advised that support by any elected official to restrict our unalienable right to keep and bear arms is not acceptable. If passed, be aware that those who support it will have stepped outside the bounds of the supreme law of the land, the U.S. Constitution. We will not stand for or recognize any "law" that infringes on our rights as recognized by the Bill of Rights.

Article VI, U.S. Constitution:

"This Constitution, and the laws of the United States which shall be made in pursuance thereof; and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land; and the judges in every state shall be bound thereby, anything in the Constitution or laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding."

We are lawful, peaceful, tax paying citizens. But, we will not have our liberties abused any further. Call it a line in the sand. You are in office to serve the citizens of this state and are reminded to fulfill your oath of office dutifully.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    Another volley of emails sent. Personalized and sent one at a time. I think I'll get started on personalized handwritten ones delivered through USPS.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Great links, thanks!

Any comments on this message to our elected representatives?
    Not going to work very well. They're just going to tell you the 2A is subject to intermediate scrutiny, so FOAD. They wouldn't even be wrong.

You need to engage them with numbers, at least right now. The numbers are how we win.

Mr H

Banana'd
    All bill sponsors...

Delegates Gutierrez, Proctor, Anderson, Barkley, Braveboy, Cardin, Carr, Cullison, Feldman, Frush, Gilchrist, Glenn, Haynes, Healey, Howard, Hucker, Kaiser, A. Kelly, Lee, Luedtke, A. Miller, Mitchell, Nathan-Pulliam, Pena-Melnyk, B. Robinson, S. Robinson, V. Turner, and M. Washington

Interesting that no one jumps out here as being from AA Co... or at least not from my immediate area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom