• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    Service Rifle & Service Pistol shooters:

The 2012 Atlantic Fleet and All Navy Rifle & Pistol matches are going to be held on Marine Corps Base Quantico from 13-22 April, 2012. The big change this year is civilians will be allowed to compete alongside the service teams. Basic format is:

Fri: Registration and Small Arms Firing School
    Sat: Rifle Warm-up Match (200 yards)
    Sun: Rifle National Match Course
    Mon: Rifle EIC & 1000 yard Any/Any match
    Tue: Pistol SAFS & Warm-up match
    Wed: Fleet Pistol Agg (NMC, P100, EIC)
    Thu: All Navy Pistol Agg (NMC, P100, EIC)
    Fri: All Navy Rifle NMC
    Sat: All Navy Rifle EIC & 1000 Yard Any/Any match
    Sun: All Navy Team match, awards & swap meet
    Mon: Weather backup

I've attached the match bulletin. Registration is now up & running on the CMP website in Competition Tracker (under Competitions, Service Pistol, Upcoming Events and Competitions, Service Rifle, Upcoming Events http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/matchUpcomingSearch.cgi?designation=EICRIFLE). Range capacity for 4 relays is 200 shooters, and I'd expect they'll have capacity for 40 civilian shooters.

Attachments

• 2012 Match Program 17JAN.pdf
      467 KB · Views: 265

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    based on your listed inventory, you get too many more guns and you'll need to factor in the cost for a SAFE ROOM like BrowningGuy!!! maybe you already have...

I really need a safe. Right now, I have two cabinets full of long guns, it's getting dicey in them! :sad20: Fortunately, I got 30 hours of overtime last week, I'll finally break down and get a safe.

NateG

Oct 16, 2009
    VA
    Do I understand correctly that a distinguished civilian shooter can shoot both EIC matches?

I'm planning on shooting all the rifle matches--I don't think I can swing the time off to shoot the whole week, unfortunately.

samabbe

Oct 23, 2010
    Northern VA
    Is there a minimum age? I've got an almost 14 yr old w/ 3 EIC matches under his belt who would make excellent leg fodder and get a kick out of shooting alongside servicemembers. (He aspires to join our ranks as soon as he can)

For the record I know QSC allows 12 yr olds.

fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    Hadn't considered all the possibilities...and failed to put an age limit in the program, but I suspect it will be 18. I'll find out and get back to you.

fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    There is only 1 true team match (for both rifle and pistol)...that's the All Navy match, which won't be open to civilians. The team match for Fleet is a paper match, based on the EIC scores from Fleet (Monday), which is open to civilians. Civilians are not required to store their weapons at the armory.

Sam-
    Confirmed the min age is 18.

jjbduke2004

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2008
    Morris Oblast, NJ SSR
    Definitely thinking about coming down for the Fleet rifle matches. Is SAFS mandatory? It shouldn't be a problem if it is, I have plenty of annual leave banked up, I'm just trying to figure out scheduling.

Congrats on the silver leaf, and send my congrats to Chief Lane as well please.

fa18hooker

99-9X
    Sep 2, 2008
    Annapolis
    SAFS is not mandatory...unless you want to shoot the Rifle NMC on Sunday. The intent here is to get the good shooters out as coaches (and in large numbers) and to be squadded so that Sunday's match is familiar and smooth. The EIC does not require SAFS attendance. And as far as anyone sucking, you only suck if you don't shoot. The suckage is very temporary, and usually resolves itself within a match or two.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    SAFS is not mandatory...unless you want to shoot the Rifle NMC on Sunday. The intent here is to get the good shooters out as coaches (and in large numbers) and to be squadded so that Sunday's match is familiar and smooth. The EIC does not require SAFS attendance. And as far as anyone sucking, you only suck if you don't shoot. The suckage is very temporary, and usually resolves itself within a match or two.

LOL, unfortunately, my internship won't likely release me to go shooting... So I get to suck for a year... but I will definitely be back.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Can someone tell me about service pistol competition? I've never heard of this, but it sounds like something I could get good at. Are they shooting M9's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom