• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Keystone

May 29, 2009
    DATES: All matches will be held rain or shine.

Saturday, May 7, 2011
    Saturday, June 11, 2011
    Saturday, October 8, 2011
    Saturday, November 12, 2011

COURSE OF FIRE: All stages will be fired at the distance of 200 yards using standard NRA SR high power targets. All stages will be slow fire; there will be no rapid fire stages in this match. Targets will be pulled and scored after each shot.

The match will consist of three stages.

First Stage: Prone – up to 5 sighting shots plus 10 shots slow fire for record
    Second Stage: Sitting (or kneeling) – 10 shots slow fire for record
    Third Stage: Offhand (standing) – 10 shots slow fire for record
    Scores will be recorded on the basis of a maximum possible of 300 aggregate pints (100 points for each stage.) X’s will be used to break ties.

SLING USAGE: Slings may only be used in prone and sitting positions.
    LOCATION: The 200 yard range, at the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore range facilities.

QUALIFIED RIFLES: This match will be for single shot, bolt action, or semiautomatic military rifles recognized by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (BATF) as Curio and Relic (C&R) firearms. Rifles will be as-issued, equipped only with as-issued iron sights; no scopes or aftermarket sights will be permitted.

AMMUNITION: Competitors may use surplus, new production, or reloaded ammunition. Ammunition will not be supplied.

Sponsored by the
    Maryland Rifle Club, Inc.
    Chartered January 27, 1933

AWARDS: Awards will be given for First, Second, and Third places in each classification (provided that certain minimum participation levels are met as specified in paragraph1.11.4 Minimum Requirements for Awards, of the 2010 CMP Competition Rules).

REGISTRATION: Competitors may register in advance by email, by U.S. Mail, or between 8:15 and 8:45 on the day of the match.

Dennis Courtney
    5028 Jericho Rd.
    Columbia, MD 21044

exec-officer@mdrifleclub.org

ENTRÉE FEE: $10.00 per competitor, payable by cash or personal check. Make checks payable to Dennis Courtney. By all means, if you do not get a chance to mail the funds you can bring your payment the day of the event.

RANGE LIMIT: First sixty (60) paid entries

FIRST ROUND DOWNRANGE: 9:00 a.m. sharp

TARGET OPERATION: Competitors are responsible for target operation and scoring. A target scoring tutorial will be given between 8:00 and 8:30.

SCORE-KEEPING: Competitors will be responsible for providing score-keeping for other competitors. A score-keeping tutorial will be given between 8:00 and 8:30.

FOOD AND DRINK: Competitors must provide their own lunches. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited at all times while on AGC Property. There will be no break for lunch; competitors are expected to eat their lunches while in the target pits, at the scoring tables, or in the assembly area behind the firing line.

RANGE SAFETY: Both eye and ear protections are required on the firing line, at the scoring benches, and in the target pits.

Keystone

May 29, 2009
    Open to the pubic?

Yes.

That way the matches serve as a club recruiting tool.

It worked for me years back.

I'd check with the club the week before any of the matches to confirm it is still on.

The MRC has been kind of flaky about actually holding the scheduled matches over the past year or so.

Imperial Pose

Feb 9, 2008
    Columbia
    The Maryland Rifle Club has a new XO who is committed to running these matches and making them enjoyable events. We're interested in working with the shooters to make the events participative. Any feedback and support on the line or in the pits the day of the event would be appreciated.

I'd like to include a classification for handicapped shooters. Seems to me anyone who has a desire to compete should be able to even if their body prevents them from getting into prone, sitting and/or offhand. I'm running the match and handing out the prize money so if we all pitch in we'll adapt to make the events work the way we want them to.

I might even shoot the K31 I bought from K31.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    CMP has made arrangements for handicapped shooters without putting them in a special classification. Off hand can be seated, transitions eliminated or reduced.

Most of the guys on the m1 for vets team can shoot circles around me.

The Maryland Rifle Club has a new XO who is committed to running these matches and making them enjoyable events. We're interested in working with the shooters to make the events participative. Any feedback and support on the line or in the pits the day of the event would be appreciated.

I'd like to include a classification for handicapped shooters. Seems to me anyone who has a desire to compete should be able to even if their body prevents them from getting into prone, sitting and/or offhand. I'm running the match and handing out the prize money so if we all pitch in we'll adapt to make the events work the way we want them to.

I might even shoot the K31 I bought from K31.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I'm going to bump this thread, because this match is on for tomorrow.

This looks like a great chance for anyone with any sort of C&R rifle and 35 cartridges to come out and do some shooting. It's all slow fire at 200 yards, so the Mosins and Martinis can compete alongside the Garands.

Don't hesitate to come out even if you've never shot in a competition before. I first shot one of these matches two years ago, and really surprised myself. No one laughed at me then, and I'm sure no one will laugh at you tomorrow.

So dig out that Carcano or Lebel or Swedish Mauser and come to the match!

Ethan83

Ultimate Member
    Jan 8, 2009
    Baltimoreish
    If I came out with my M44, would it be a problem to shoot with the bayonet extended? Mine hits way low and left by several inches at even just 50 yards when it's folded.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I am not affiliated with Maryland Rifle Club, but I don't see why anyone should object to your shooting with the bayonet extended. Just don't poke your eye out.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I'm paid up for this and I'll be there. I'm going to shoot my reloads, but I don't expect to win anything but a good time.

See you tomorrow, Threeband. Ethan, hope you come, it would be nice to meet you.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Drmsparks,

Those arrangements sound good.

What ideas are there to cover pit duties?

IP

Sorry for the lateness, I was wrapped up in Eastern Games preparation and the end of grad school.

We will use volunteers to sub in the pits or run the target with a single puller.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I plan to be there.

I hope to see some new faces this time.

Anyone with a Mosin, Enfield, Mauser, just about any Vintage/ Curio & Relic Rifle- come on out and shoot a little bit. This is a very informal, friendly and easy-going match. Not the least bit intimidating.

To Ethan83:

Bayonets optional.

---------------

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I'm an idiot- can't read a calender.

I'll be running the Run Amuck race at Quantico that morning so will not be there.

Darn it! You guys have fun!

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I shot the last one, but my club is putting on an event, Women On Target and I promised to help...it, too was a calendar "issue".

I plan to be there.

I hope to see some new faces this time.

Anyone with a Mosin, Enfield, Mauser, just about any Vintage/ Curio & Relic Rifle- come on out and shoot a little bit. This is a very informal, friendly and easy-going match. Not the least bit intimidating.

To Ethan83:

Bayonets optional.

---------------

This is true. It was my second 200 yd. comp and I felt welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom